Pages:
Author

Topic: EXPRESS THOUGHTS ABOUT B&H AND RANK AND MERIT SYSTEM - page 2. (Read 512 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
i don't think that much has really changed about shitposting to be honest. we just don't see it anymore mainly because there hasn't been that many low quality but paying campaigns that hire these shitposters. with the death of ICOs they basically went away and even though we keep seeing some pop up every now and then under different names like DeFi but the ICO hype is effectively dead for now.
if similar hype began, we will surely see a surge of shitposters on bitcointalk again.
example is the yobit campaign a while ago which filled the forum with them within the short time it ran.

We cannot expect higher ranks to help us always from their sharing of knowledge in regards to cryptocurrency. Low rank users are now also striving hard to learn and be educated
well most of the "knowledge" is already out there and within reach. all it takes is using a search engine and typing in the question they have. it is also a lot faster and more accurate to gain the knowledge about basic things (how bitcoin works, what is mining, what happens when all bitcoins are mined,...) that way instead of asking on a forum.
most of the times the questions are asked so many times that people don't feel like repeating the same answer again.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
The beginners & help section had blasted with new threads lately on scam related threads. I have seen that many wanted to help as it is their intention is to keep everybody aware from the current events and news of scam topics. It was indeed helpful to us newbie or not newbie users as for the awareness of the information posted by these users.
Good initiatives but such threads should be on Scam Accusations.

I think positively about such threads in Beginners & Help, it help newbies (who have not yet known and visited the Scam Accusations subboard to get warnings on phishing sites.

To imporve, in Beginners & Help, creators should make threads on general scam detective methods (guides) rather than report phishing sites or scam projects separately there.

Beginners & Help - All primitive questions (to pros like us Cool) like "what are ASICS", "who is satoshi" and "what is mining" should stay here.

Anyway, it is more good than harm.

I forgot to mention about topic title earlier.

"Express thoughts about B&H and rank and merit system" looks better.

Also please see: Bitcointalk posting etiquette
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
I'm pretty sure the consensus between non-spamming people here is that the new merit system has been an incredible success in making the Bitcointalk experience better. Like 95% of the negative complaints about the merit system has been mostly from people with 300+ activity with 1 or zero merits anyway lol.

Kudos to Theymos for making this move even if it means that forum traffic most likely decreased because of it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
The beginners & help section had blasted with new threads lately on scam related threads. I have seen that many wanted to help as it is their intention is to keep everybody aware from the current events and news of scam topics. It was indeed helpful to us newbie or not newbie users as for the awareness of the information posted by these users.

This is good sign that the B&H section had started to become active to users especially the low ranks. We cannot expect higher ranks to help us always from their sharing of knowledge in regards to cryptocurrency. Low rank users are now also striving hard to learn and be educated sharing the same goals and intention and that is to help instead of shitposting to attain certain posts required from bounty while earning few merits to rank up. This is the design that the management wanted to happen for the forum in line of what a forum should be.

The transition of shitposting, copy and paste posts and bounty reports had minimized already. Seeing that joining bounty campaign does not really pay at all times then other bounty hunters strive to make a post to get merit to rank up. My guess is that this is not a problem in fact the shitposting activities had somehow stabilized to a minimum level and hopefully it will be completely eradicated. I am not sure that rank and merit system implemented is a hindrance to rank up but to what I observe is that it is indeed effective in the change of the way users behave. I was happy seeing this happen and I am also helping in little ways or things that I can do for the other users by actively participating in the discussions and learning the replies of other users. I am barely like to start a thread but this time I made this up for the gratitude that other users had been always helping each other.

In this post, I just wanted to express my thoughts regarding on rank and merit system and how effective it was and how it change a lot for the forum. I myself too wanted to rank up and this is why I had changed a little bit to earn merits but I am not begging in this posts just wanted to give feedback to management about the current system. The forum certainly headed towards an ideal forum plus with the new forum to be released soon that I am positive the management could attain great achievement to it. So Congratulations to the management. Job well done!
Pages:
Jump to: