Pages:
Author

Topic: F2Pool is directly threatening Bitcoin's future - page 2. (Read 8119 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
That's interesting.  I still don't understand why so many people like that pool other than constant finds.

A constant reliable daily payout is a big thing if you are running a lot of hash.

The power bill is constant say 1040 usd a month if you are running  12 s-7's

To be able to know you are going to be paid every day makes it easy to pay your maintenance costs.

Or I can't call my power company and Ask could you wait until I hit the next block to pay you?

I run 3 s-7's and 2 avalon 6's

I use  5600watts  or 5.6 kwatts x 24 x 30 x .10 = 403.20 usd a month for power.   A steady payout of 0.13 btc a day makes for easy planing.

No variance and variance happens more often then you may like.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
More transaction blocks is a very good start and it's most welcome. However SPV blocks are, by their nature, unverified blocks and can lead to invalid forks running away. Admittedly only the pools stuck on the invalid side of the fork are affected, but since more than 50% of the pools out there are SPV mining on initial block change, the bulk of the hashrate could be going the wrong way for a while before it's recognised.
Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX
That's interesting.  I still don't understand why so many people like that pool other than constant finds.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
This may sound like an ignorant question, but can someone actually explain this in simple terms.  I have a descent grasp on it but I still do not completely understand and I have a descent size home farm.  I did see where a new guy asked on the first page of the thread for a simplified explanation. 

I think that educating the miners could also be beneficial, I tend to stay on the smaller pools for some of the reasons mentioned but would still appreciate it if someone could just lay this out as simple as possible. Maybe Kano or Philipma Wink

Thanks in advance....
legendary
Guys f2pool has said he will effort less empty blocks.

lets see if antpool does the same.

if both pools do it  it is a big deal.

It will take a week to clock blocks to be pretty sure if the effort is legit.

I respect f2pool for saying he is making the effort.

Lets remember we are sharing a golden goose here.  lets not tear it apart.

If both antpool and f2pool reduce the empty blocks by 50% over the next week it is a start in a good direction.

Even if they are doing it by flipping a switch SPV on odd days no SPV on even days.  

It is a push to help rather then a fuck you attitude.  

While not prefect it would greatly reduce the problem If they just did that simple move.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
I did not know that less fee in the transaction takes longer to process.

Mining blocks is not cheap.  Miners/pools deserve to be paid for their work.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
I did not know that less fee in the transaction takes longer to process.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself

I also have a transaction that isn't confirming. I paid the fees the client suggested. Weird.

If anyone's curious: https://blockchain.info/tx/78fb4bb40720619d45a2f6506591628ffacac4c70e48a5b88d1cfbdbd07dc9bf

Yep. It took like 12 hours more me. For me it was no big deal, just some change.
I think it's strange how transactions get processed due to the amount of the fee in there.

What's strange about that?
Just looked Antpool got a few 25.0000  blocks.

I also have a transaction that isn't confirming. I paid the fees the client suggested. Weird.

If anyone's curious: https://blockchain.info/tx/78fb4bb40720619d45a2f6506591628ffacac4c70e48a5b88d1cfbdbd07dc9bf

Yep. It took like 12 hours more me. For me it was no big deal, just some change.
I think it's strange how transactions get processed due to the amount of the fee in there.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

Also, that 1 transaction is only the newly generated coins.
Really stupid.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
www.DonateMedia.org
We should hire some suicide bombers that will collapse their farms, thats all...They will be paid in Bitcoin no worry, it will be anonymous Tongue

On a serious note, I think if they do that, the other 78% will retaliate or something...An accident happen so fast heh... Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
FYI, we have just updated the pool software to reduce the number of empty blocks. The effectiveness is yet to be evaluated, but I think it should help a lot.
Well, unfortunately, it's either SPV+Empty blocks, or not SPV
So would you like to expand on your comment please?
I would hope you weren't also producing unnecessary Empty blocks after the SPV block change empty blocks?

Aside: On the other hand Empty blocks can be (and are also) produced by pools that are presumably not SPV mining ... e.g. Eligius

Also, in case the idea meandered through your mind, if you are just throwing in some extra transactions you are yourself generating to hide the empty blocks, it will be obvious.
legendary
FYI, we have just updated the pool software to reduce the number of empty blocks. The effectiveness is yet to be evaluated, but I think it should help a lot.

Thank you I appreciate an effort on your part.

Hopefully  other SPV miners will follow suite.

Activity: 324
Merit: 260
legendary
In simple terms the SVP pools want to push higher transaction fees for when bitcoin go to 12.5.
The SVP is taking more then normal empty blocks to do this?

This is one issue I see with SPV.

I will write up like this.  There is a river people need to cross it.  So the King gave my fleet of boats 50 coins for making the trip empty or full.  I was happy so I sailed boats to get my 50 coins from the king.  As time went on people said wow I can cross the river on one of phils boats really cheap.

I got a tiny fee from the passengers but still got that 50 coins from the king.  So I got me a lot of boats  and my golden haired Norwegian relatives got in on the deal so we had 3 big fleets of boats  and control 60 percent between us.  While we are 3 separate fleets of boats we are countrymen and look out for each other.

The king see many boats crossing with lots of commerce his kingdom is growing.  He decides to cut the coin fee subsidy to the boat owners from 50 to 25.  Me and my two Norwegian countrymen see an opportunity.  We can send some empty boats faster then full ones thus collect 25 coins faster then others.. At the same time this empty boat deal makes for less space on the entire  set of all boats crossing.   So since we control 60% of the boats between us  we all decide to charge any passenger  0.0002 coins a trip essentially we are hurting quite a few people by this action.

This is one problem from SPV mining.

Forks soft forks and etc are more complex to explain but Kano can tell you how my boats could decide to cross a different river like we once did back in the summer of 2015 almost crashing all the boats since the fork was on the wrong side.

I am making it amusing but I am pissed at this.  Basically   I like to use those Norwegian fleets  f2pool was my favorite pool to mine.  I would do really high variable mining on solo.ckpool and on mmpool.org    then balance it with 0 variable pool like f2pool.  No can do since I now see a rocky road with SPV EMPTY BLOCK MINIG.  I may need to stop at antpool and a few others.

This is an easy fix  and or compromise and it is not being done.

here is one fix spilt the baby
 miners can do 1 day on an spv pool and 2 days on a none spv pool  =   really easy fix here. 

I now have 20 th on non- svp pools and 8.5th on spv pools
In simple terms the SVP pools want to push higher transaction fees for when bitcoin go to 12.5.
The SVP is taking more then normal empty blocks to do this?

Pages:
Jump to: