Pages:
Author

Topic: F2Pool is directly threatening Bitcoin's future - page 3. (Read 8119 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Depends on how busy the network is and the fee you used.
Since F2Pool put up their fee level, you might find that is part of the cause yes.

So I will need to a just  what  I did some fromantic last time. Thanks for the info.
Learning  new stuff all the time.

Up the fee you pay on your transaction later and it will be confirmed faster

and that is one of the points that are bad about SPV mining from any bigger pool (10% of the pie)

SPV mining =  empty blocks and the bigger you are the more empty blocks you can do.  SO  you can falsely drive transaction fees up up and away.

This has yet to really be easy to see but when the reward drops to 12.5 coins  big pools looking for cash can simply say the fee is 0.0005  or  0.0008  and you will be pressed to the wood to move coins.

The entire reason for mining is transactions.

So what has  happened here.  Is a few pools that were big kept block size small to raise fees more and now are keeping blocks empty to raise fees more.  The goose does not need to be cut open to get more golden eggs.

By my rough quess In the last 10 days there have been over 100 empty blocks.

This is  .2 coins a block or 20 full coins tossed for speed.  20 coins that pool ops could have or paid out to their miners.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Since F2Pool put up their fee level, you might find that is part of the cause yes.

So I will need to a just  what  I did some fromantic last time. Thanks for the info.
Learning  new stuff all the time.

Yep thanks for the info. Smiley
Activity: 154
I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies
I would STRONGLY advise all miners to move away from any SPV pool, not just f2pool.
Yep, I am moving from it too...
They are threatning bitcoin's future Cry
Activity: 72
Merit: 10

So I will need to a just  what  I did some fromantic last time. Thanks for the info.

Activity: 324
Merit: 260

Your tx has been manually confirmed by us in block 388010.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I would STRONGLY advise all miners to move away from any SPV pool, not just f2pool.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
I remember when this happened a while back when the ghash.io pool had grown to large proportions and was threatening (or did) have over 50% of the staking power. People were up in arms about the whole matter and I remember many suspecting that they were doing 51% attacks or some other nonsense. Although You are right it is likely best that we distribute the hashing power rather than all lump to one pool, Granted that people are greedy.

What other alternatives exist for people to mine at?
legendary
Those stats are provided by someone who recently helped you configure your network Smiley

I think you are refering http://poolbench.antminer.link/ Didn’t you see stratum-us.f2pool.com:3333 is the number 1?
Don't you see where the non-us f2pool stratum is? Cheesy

Lightsword’s poolbench server is located in the U.S. that is why you have a slightly better benchmark.
Slightly, ok, I'm 247ms ahead.
So I presume you are implying that it takes longer than that on average to get to your china node?
How much longer?
Double that? Yeah lets take a ridiculously high silly guess of 500ms.
That would mean that your SPV empty block changes are about 250ms faster than kano.is fully verified transaction block changes.

So the security of the bitcoin network and the risk of damaging the future of the bitcoin network is worth less than 250ms?

And I recommend you block their IP 104.236.153.108 as well, because it is also “dead mining” on your pool.
Well you're the one who listed the site not me Smiley
He's not SPV mining from data at kano.is ... though if you can find where he has said he is SPV mining (like you have stated regularly) on any server anywhere I'll gladly block his pool statistics miner also.

In that case, you’ll have infinite seconds that must be better than us all.
Heh now resorting to stupid comments because your SPV excuses are actually not valid Smiley
Those stats are provided by someone who recently helped you configure your network Smiley

I think you are refering http://poolbench.antminer.link/ Didn’t you see stratum-us.f2pool.com:3333 is the number 1?

Lightsword’s poolbench server is located in the U.S. that is why you have a slightly better benchmark. And I recommend you block their IP 104.236.153.108 as well, because it is also “dead mining” on your pool. In that case, you’ll have infinite seconds that must be better than us all.
legendary

legendary
What some people said in this thread not true. Only data tells, top 20+ blocks with the most transactions were all mined by F2Pool. Top 1000+ blocks with the largest size in bytes were also all mined by F2Pool. We are helping the network a lot by confirming far less spams in compare to other pools. We do mine a small number of empty blocks, but despite of that, you tx is still mostly like to be confirmed by our pool than, say, Kano's. As Chairman Xi has taught us: 「有些吃飽了沒事幹的歪果仁,對我們的事情指手畫腳。我們一不輸出革命,二不輸出飢餓和貧困,三不去折騰你們,你們還有什麼好說的?」
Lulz you do realise how silly that comment is right?

You mine something like 40x the number of blocks kano.is does.

Guess what? Yes you confirm more transactions that kano.is does.

Wow that was unexpected ... ... ... ... ...

Try supplying some statistically useful information next time like your average block size or average number of transactions per block.
You know, the actual information that's relevant.

Here's some useful information Smiley
Last 80 block changes, comparing the time a pool found it vs the time other pools did their block change (seconds):
Code:
stratum.kano.is:3333        1.8629615643086
stratum.f2pool.com:3333     2.1109365130228
Yeah that says that kano.is, that does FULL block verification and produces blocks with transactions every time, put out the block change work FASTER than stratum.f2pool.com, that is SPV mining empty blocks.

Why don’t you benchmark on your mining server itself? Otherwise your block change could be 0.0000000000000 seconds.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
Transactions with average fees were sitting in the mempool waiting for a block.
F2pool chose to mine empty blocks rather than allow the transactions to be processed.
Almost Half of the empty blocks mined in the past 24 hours were mined by F2pool
legendary
What some people said in this thread not true. Only data tells, top 20+ blocks with the most transactions were all mined by F2Pool. Top 1000+ blocks with the largest size in bytes were also all mined by F2Pool. We are helping the network a lot by confirming far less spams in compare to other pools. We do mine a small number of empty blocks, but despite of that, you tx is still mostly like to be confirmed by our pool than, say, Kano's. As Chairman Xi has taught us: 「有些吃飽了沒事幹的歪果仁,對我們的事情指手畫腳。我們一不輸出革命,二不輸出飢餓和貧困,三不去折騰你們,你們還有什麼好說的?」
Lulz you do realise how silly that comment is right?

You mine something like 40x the number of blocks kano.is does.

Guess what? Yes you confirm more transactions that kano.is does.

Wow that was unexpected ... ... ... ... ...

Try supplying some statistically useful information next time like your average block size or average number of transactions per block.
You know, the actual information that's relevant.

Here's some useful information Smiley
Last 80 block changes, comparing the time a pool found it vs the time other pools did their block change (seconds):
Code:
stratum.kano.is:3333        1.8629615643086
stratum.f2pool.com:3333     2.1109365130228
Yeah that says that kano.is, that does FULL block verification and produces blocks with transactions every time, put out the block change work FASTER than stratum.f2pool.com, that is SPV mining empty blocks.

Why are you SPV mining?
Seems you want to confirm an average LESS transactions per block.
What some people said in this thread not true. Only data tells, top 20+ blocks with the most transactions were all mined by F2Pool. Top 1000+ blocks with the largest size in bytes were also all mined by F2Pool. We are helping the network a lot by confirming far less spams in compare to other pools. We do mine a small number of empty blocks, but despite of that, you tx is still most likely to be confirmed by our pool than, say, Kano’s. As our great leader Chairman Xi has taught us: 「有些吃飽了撐的沒事幹的歪果仁,對我們的事情指手畫腳。我們一不輸出革命,二不輸出飢餓和貧困,三不去折騰你們,你們還有什麼好說的?」
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
Phil I agree with most of your points.
F2pool has been selective of the transactions they will process, and mining empty blocks means they have selected 0 for that block.
Their reasoning is because they are behind the GFW, but look at the pools running CKpool. They are not only mining blocks with large amounts of transactions they are doing it as fast as every SPV mining pool but one and with less orphans than the others, much larger pools. This is absolute proof you can mine without using SPV mining methods, or blocks with zero transactions and still make the coin you should be making and in many cases much more. I have long been a ckpool software supporter and learning these things justified my choices.

I think the truth will be even harder for zero transaction pools to deny after the halving. Whether they continue to only care about the block reward over the health and security of the network, well I believe they will. I think the 12.5 will still be way more important because even though the transaction fees would rise in a natural progression because of the nature of how it was originally set up and has been maintained, it still offers them much more greed satisfaction when submitting solved blocks.

I think they are going for as much control so that when the halving occurs they can set the rate for transactions, as you said, but I also think they will take every opportunity to continue zero block transactions unless they are able to cause a huge price increase for a transaction to be processed.

Many miners do not yet see what F2pool and antpool are doing today which is to control as much of the network as possible so they may dictate the rules and future bitcoin core BIPs.
With all of my heart I believe these pools work in collusion to control the network.

I remember macbook-air posting he received a phone call within a few minutes of antpool and f2pool building on the wrong fork during the fork of july when they were pumping out more blocks on the wrong fork. He said it was a call from antpool. They already have a hotline setup to assist each other if their SPV mining causes another issue, so why would anyone think they aren't working together to exercise even more control in other ways? 60% of the bitcoin network is an enormous amount. We should consider why Kano said he will never allow more than 10% of the network at kano.is
Who has bitcoin's best interests at heart from that statement alone?

It is sad f2pool refuse to meet honest miners at a sit down to discuss this and other illegal items like denial of service threats.

I sincerely hope there is not a question in anyone's mind regarding the end game of these pools. Control and currency. That is all that matters to them. It will be a sad day to see the entire bitcoin network placed in harm's way because together F2pool and antpool will ruin mining for everyone simply based on the greed mining methods they employ.

A very sad day to see them controlling so much of the bitcoin network hash, and it will catch up to them, no matter the cost in underhanded methods they will continue and will receive too much attention.
Pages:
Jump to: