Pages:
Author

Topic: Facebook is Developing a Cryptocurrency - page 2. (Read 996 times)

Activity: 571
Merit: 100
December 29, 2018, 05:02:24 PM
Its a great news to see vig companies to start interested in crypto, but one of the things that I don't like is they created another alt coin, why don't they just used bitcoin or eth, one of the strong coin that already existed, I don't think they have the intention to make the crypto grow, they just want to make more profit
Well you are right but According to me it is not possible because Facebook is a well known social media site which has been using for years by people and this kind of New comes every year. I have seen allot of sites on Facebook promoting bitcoin because they use it and Facebook has thousands of site who are being use for bitcoin promotion activities. So fire this is not good nor possible.
I agree that most likely they just want to earn more money, and since cryptocurrencies are still quite relevant, you can use this chance. I think that it will still have a positive impact on the entire cryptocurrency market, because if Facebook releases its coin, it will confirm the fact that cryptocurrencies are a promising industry in which it is worth investing.
Activity: 256
Merit: 10
December 29, 2018, 04:38:17 PM
If this is an accurate news, it is good news for the electronic money market. However, I think this is not feasible because both Facebook and India do not like electronic money.

It is accurate news, it's pretty much public at this point.
This will be great for remittances and I welcome the idea.
Hopefully people won't forget that centralization kills most of the benefits of cryptos, though.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
December 29, 2018, 04:31:49 PM
If Facebook will be integrating WhatsApp into the system, that will be a good connection, because there are so many users on these two platforms, both Facebook and WhatsApp. The two have already built reputation and are popular, so I envisage a successful project already from their end. Investors will be excited are ready to invest in the cryptocurrency,  even before it lunches on exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
December 29, 2018, 04:29:23 PM
As per recent article on Bloomberg , facebook is developing a cryptocurrency that will allow users to transfer money through their whatsapp messaging app and they are first focusing on market in India. They are developing a stable coin-a type of digital currency pegged to the U.S. dollar as bitcoin have high volatile nature.

This is a good thing that big names are moving into crypto world now.

For detailed study go though this article

So, what's it good for? Another stable coin... How this gonna change the world or how will we benefit from this? Smiley
I would be more happy if Facebook will begin accepting Bitcoin or Ethereum - that would case a huge pump and investors would win in this case.
Activity: 728
December 29, 2018, 04:28:34 PM
I think that Facebook wants to create its own cryptocurrency in order to increase the popularity of these social networks and for its benefit, we do not know what else.
Activity: 442
December 29, 2018, 04:20:29 PM
If this is an accurate news, it is good news for the electronic money market. However, I think this is not feasible because both Facebook and India do not like electronic money.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
December 29, 2018, 04:01:17 PM
Its a great news to see vig companies to start interested in crypto, but one of the things that I don't like is they created another alt coin, why don't they just used bitcoin or eth, one of the strong coin that already existed, I don't think they have the intention to make the crypto grow, they just want to make more profit
Well you are right but According to me it is not possible because Facebook is a well known social media site which has been using for years by people and this kind of New comes every year. I have seen allot of sites on Facebook promoting bitcoin because they use it and Facebook has thousands of site who are being use for bitcoin promotion activities. So fire this is not good nor possible.
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
December 29, 2018, 02:13:10 PM
As per recent article on Bloomberg , facebook is developing a cryptocurrency that will allow users to transfer money through their whatsapp messaging app and they are first focusing on market in India. They are developing a stable coin-a type of digital currency pegged to the U.S. dollar as bitcoin have high volatile nature.

This is a good thing that big names are moving into crypto world now.

For detailed study go though this article
If Facebook will be integrating WhatsApp into the system, that will be a good connection, because there are so many users on these two platforms, both Facebook and WhatsApp. The two have already built reputation and are popular, so I envisage a successful project already from their end. Investors will be excited are ready to invest in the cryptocurrency,  even before it lunches on exchange.
Activity: 322
December 29, 2018, 03:11:22 PM
It would be great. It seems to me that all major social networks should store data using blockchain technologies for a long time.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
December 29, 2018, 03:08:39 PM
This is indeed good news for the entire crypto community, not only are we heading towards mass adoption, with this recent development, we would see more and more usecases for crypto.
Facebook is creating just a stable coin for using it within the platform. This is the same ordinary electronic money.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 29, 2018, 02:38:35 PM
Facebook is a big company, and, on the one hand, thanks to its capabilities, it can give cryptocurrency a new development, and on the other hand, they are experiencing something new for expansion. In the future, there may be good ways to invest.
Their coin will be centralized, what ever project they make it will be run by them it will be controlled by them, and we all know how informations and where informations from facebook are going. They talk about cryptocurrencies and facebook for years, but still they didn`t do anything about it, I believe they wait green light from US government, or FBI, or who knows who to do something. I don`t plan to buy or earn their coin or token, or have anything with centralized facebook, I`m for decentralization, I hope that people will make difference between this two and do the right thing.
copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
December 29, 2018, 02:29:08 PM
Facebook is a big company, and, on the one hand, thanks to its capabilities, it can give cryptocurrency a new development, and on the other hand, they are experiencing something new for expansion. In the future, there may be good ways to invest.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
December 29, 2018, 02:11:46 PM
Facebook, the GREAT Facebook, is getting destroyed and is on its last legs (just the same as the other 4 big tech giants - excluding Microsoft).

I wouldn't touch the Facebook stable coin, based on principle alone.

From Blanket Ban to Its Own Stablecoin now how they are changing their interest here in crypto. whatever happens, I am gonna stay from it.
Activity: 407
Merit: 14
Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds
December 29, 2018, 02:09:26 PM
This is indeed good news for the entire crypto community, not only are we heading towards mass adoption, with this recent development, we would see more and more usecases for crypto.
copper member
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
December 29, 2018, 01:51:44 PM
Finally a big player who will use crypto.
Facebook is thus surely increase the acceptance of crypto worldwide.
For me, this is one of the best news of the year 2018.
Activity: 303
Merit: 105
December 29, 2018, 11:10:33 AM
I don’t know for revenge on Facebook for a long time, it’s worth starting to create your own coin. Integrate it into your business and make huge profits. And destroy a lot of social networks on ICO.
Activity: 686
December 29, 2018, 11:05:37 AM
I think this is good news, and for the crypto community, and for other people, I think it will be easier and more convenient for them.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
December 29, 2018, 10:41:04 AM
A good thing for Facebook, there are many Facebook users and this will become a crypto way to be widely known by the community.
One social media is able to promote well and later impact on the crypto world.
Activity: 662
Merit: 250
December 29, 2018, 10:32:29 AM
This is something obvious that the facebook will have their currency and coin soon, it is for sure! And i believe that this would be very good for the market. There are billions of people using facebook everyday, every minute and with the facebook coin we will welcome to a millions of new people in this market. Many more people will have the chance to understand the cryptocurrency because of the facebook.. So i am keep waiting in 2 years to facebook starts its own crypto coin.
I'm agree with you that the main problem of crypto now is low interest from people, so all efforts should be directed to spreading information about technologies behind crypto
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
December 29, 2018, 06:26:56 AM
Why shouldn't they? There are a lot of use cases for them were they can use blockchain to solve a lot of issues. Nevertheless, most likely they just experimenting and there is no guarantee that the project will go out into the world.
Pages:
Jump to: