Pages:
Author

Topic: [[Failed] Donate] Building rice farms in the Philippines Funding goal 0.2 BTC - page 2. (Read 465 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 6769
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
Reserved for updates

Donators so far:

Total0.000BTC
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 6769
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
Note: This campaign is cancelled because it's not any longer possible for our farmer to buy this part of land for his rice farm
Donators have been refunded.

While Bitcoin is quite useful for international transactions, it should be established as a medium to donate, where everyone can help people in need and send money easily. Donations are really great for such international transactions and here’s where I used it recently:

Last year in November, two Typhoons brought huge damages in Isabela, a province in the Philippines:

I’m knowing a rice farmer there and all local farms in his town were also affected, here some pictures few days later:

So, it started helping locally by sending him a few mBTC.

I send him a few mBTC to buy food and fresh water for himself and his town, while damages were repaired.
In a first batch, I send him 2 mBTC (around 40$):  

Originally posted here (German topic): Kleine Spendenkampagne BTC / Taifune in den Philippinen

Expand an existing farm

In addition, also in November, we tried to expand an existing farm, partially damaged by heavy rain and flood from typhoons. I made a public announcement in our German local section and set a limit of 10 mBTC to get it funded. A total of 22 mBTC was collected.

Rice seedlings were bought from a local supplier:

Rice seedlings were transported and planted later:

Work was finalized in November, farm is still growing.

Setting up a formerly used, but abandoned rice farm

After funding was a huge success, our farmer decided to started funding to set up a formerly used, but abandoned rice farm in December last year. It was announced here: [Ziel erreicht]Kleine Spendenkampagne BTC / Taifun in den Philippinen - Teil 2

Abandoned rice farm before it was renewed

Work included removing old plants and preparing it to plant new seedlings. To removed old plants and preparing it to farm rice again, machines were bought to do so. Due to heavy rain, it got a bit delayed and finally it was also a little bit more costly.

Finally, we collected almost 50 mBTC.

Removing old plants (farm wasn’t used for a long time):

Work was finished (birds liked it).

Two weeks later, a second step was done to remove growing stuff again before finally planting new seedlings:

And here a picture how it looked after removing part 2:

After work was done, our farmer waited to purchase seedlings again, but unfortunately all seedlings were bough by someone else and he decided to wait.
Meanwhile heavy rain started again:

It took some time to prepare it again and our farmer decided to plant rice seeds directly because it would take too long to wait for new rice seedlings:

Seeds were planted now and it didn’t take long to grow:

Now, we are waiting for it to grow but only few BTC is left.

New, international campaign

Now, we are planning to set up a new, even bigger farm. It is currently also abandoned but need to be purchased, too. After purchasing it, we are planning to prepare it and try to expand it (needs to be considered locally).
Preparing will include purchasing rice seedlings and planting.

We expect a total amount of 0.2 BTC to be sufficient here but we’ll watch out for difficulties (like last time when heavy rain gave us some extra expenses and a delay when we could buy rice seedlings.)

You can donate here: bc1qsqd6rlseaurd25uks0jvxjanuuz47x6pyuuyqd
(It's my address, I'll forward it to our farmer because he can only cash out 500$ per day.)

Note: This campaign is cancelled because it's not any longer possible for our farmer to buy this part of land for his rice farm
Donations will be refunded, but I'll send my 2mBTC to him anyways
Refunds will occur next weekend

Funding goal:  0.0024 / 0.200BTC  

Current balance:

USD value:

Progress will be updated constantly below and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out.  Smiley
If anyone wants to donate here, it would be really great to help building rice farms while using BTC to make it possible.
Pages:
Jump to: