Pages:
Author

Topic: Fair Profit for Coin Founders - page 4. (Read 4525 times)

Activity: 347
Merit: 250
July 09, 2013, 05:05:21 PM
So how many bitcoins bounty do I have to put out there to get a programmer on here to prepare a coin for me to launch?

I haven't a clue.  But you guys make it sound like it's easy.  There's gotta be programmers on here for hire.  Like mercenaries, only with brains and a keyboard.  Lol.

Not trying to be rude.  But I think a lot of people are already thinking it but no one is saying it.  It does not sound like you're a good candidate to be launching a coin.

I Simply don't have the money to launch a charity coin.  I'm not working a regular Job and I have 2 kids. I'm struggling.  That's what I meant. I thought if I had success with a for profit coin then i could easily launch a charity coin. 

I'll stick to my 9 to 5 at the bank and keep my life simple instead of neglecting my family pulling 16 hour shifts trying to launch a coin with no guarantees or success.

And I also think the ETF is gonna create a craze and push bitcoin past $1,000 by next year but of course that's crazy talk at this point.  But everything I know about investing tells me there's a high probability of that happening by next year.

You're trying to launch a coin for all the wrong reasons.  Polluting the alt-coin world with another coin so you can solve your own financial woes through a get-rich-quick scheme certainly isn't the right path here.  Altruism is important for people to trust the developer's motives.  Altruism is not communism as you suggested earlier in the thread.

If you are indeed a successful investor, why are you in the financial predicament you're in?  Are you working a 9 to 5 bank job, or are you not working a regular job?  There's no faster way to financial doom than to follow the advice of a broke investor.
Activity: 322
I AM A DRAGON
July 09, 2013, 04:00:39 PM
There is no good way to do it. I believe in no forced allocation to the founder because its bad for a coin, but at the same time i think people need to get something out of it (if they innovate) in order to motivate them to innovate
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2013, 03:31:01 PM
I can't stop staring at your rig.  I saved it on my ipad.  Crazy.  I wish I had money to build a quarter of that.  That's just crazy.

can I see the pic?

It's on the last page, page 3.
Activity: 476
What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!
July 09, 2013, 01:52:35 PM
I can't stop staring at your rig.  I saved it on my ipad.  Crazy.  I wish I had money to build a quarter of that.  That's just crazy.

can I see the pic?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2013, 01:42:48 PM
devs should get a certain percentage...

I agree, I think that's the most fair way to do it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 502
July 09, 2013, 01:40:51 PM
devs should get a certain percentage...
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2013, 01:36:05 PM
So how many bitcoins bounty do I have to put out there to get a programmer on here to prepare a coin for me to launch?

I haven't a clue.  But you guys make it sound like it's easy.  There's gotta be programmers on here for hire.  Like mercenaries, only with brains and a keyboard.  Lol.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2013, 01:23:44 PM
I'm not a programmer.  I just assumed it took quite a bit of programming otherwise why wouldn't everyone here launch their own coin.
Integrity.

Well, I gotta at least figure out how to launch the charity coin, orphanCoin.  If it's that easy I don't care about making money from that one.
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
July 09, 2013, 01:13:40 PM
I'm not a programmer.  I just assumed it took quite a bit of programming otherwise why wouldn't everyone here launch their own coin.
Integrity.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2013, 01:12:23 PM
the coin they worked so hard to launch.

Been a while since I've seen that.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 09, 2013, 07:10:40 AM
the coin they worked so hard to launch.

Been a while since I've seen that.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2013, 05:21:57 AM
Dude, that's crazy.  Is that a giant GPU super computer.

Dude, I've never seen anything like that.  That's crazy.  That must eat what, 8,000 watts?  What giga hash are you getting (for bitcoin)?

You must have spent at least $25,000 building that.  And hey, if GPU's can't mine bitcoin you can't switch to litecoin.  Or sell the GPU's like you said.

Listen, buy yourself just 100,000 ixCoin.  That's gonna cost you just 4 bitcoins.  Just risk that much in case I'm right about this ETF and how it's gonna affect ixCoin.  With your super rig it would take a few years and thousands in electricity costs to mine 100,000 ixCoins.  ixCoin is a steal right now.  I hope you do it.

Congrats - timing and chance is everything and you had the vision and guts and cash to do it in a big way.  God bless you, man.

Costed about $18,000 USD. It gives me 17,200 MH/s for scrypt mining. I don't mine bitcoin, only litecoin or alts and convert them to bitcoin if the ratio is good.

Eats only 6,000 watts.

IxCoin is a steal because its worth nothing now and less than nothing in the future - that's what I believe.

So that means you'd get about 17 Giga hash if you'd mine bitcoin.  10 to 1 is the ratio I was getting with my tiny human computer.

4 bitcoins is not a lot to risk, a week of your rig working.  Fine, just buy 25,000 ixcoins.  I don't get anything out of it, I just feel so strongly its going up that I feel the need to tell people about it.

Either way, good luck with everything man.  Who knows, maybe BFL will come though.  With roughly $4,000 I bought about 80 giga hash from BFL, but the energy consumption is probably around 800 watts. 

But you're right, if bitcoin goes away those things are paper weight so its a big risk for $4,000.  But since I believe bitcoin is going much higher it was a no brainier for me but I've been wrong plenty of times before.

Good luck.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2013, 05:16:38 AM
ixCoin is a perfect risk on a play given Bitcoin gets its ETF AND I'm convinced they will. Devcoin is a more socio-political play. I'm investing in both as much as I can.
lol, did you know IxCoin is not even on major exchanges yet? , not even btc-e?

I wish I could wish you luck, but I believe in science, psychology and economics. None of them indicate any potential for BTC in the long run, let alone IxCoin.

It trades on vircurex but yeah, it's a zombie coin.

I'm a man of science too man, you can't be an economist and not love math and science.  

But None of this makes sense. Bitcoin doesn't make sense.  These alt coins being allowed to function and undermine the dollar makes no sense.

Bitcoin getting its own ETF is going to shock the entire investment world and that makes zero sense.

There's much more than meets the eye here.  This is all being manipulated.  The banks, multinationals and especially the government have so much to gain from a global crypto currency.  They want the masses to love digital money and giving it away for free is the best way.  This is my biggest premise for thinking the ETF Is a done deal and there's going to be a bitcoin and alt coin madness very soon, latest next year.  

I know, my entire theory is based on a conspiracy theory, but nothing else makes any sense from a fundamental point of view.  Bitcoin should have crashed within days or weeks back down to near zero but instead if found stability at around $100.  That's just not possible.  

There's so much more going on here than anybody realizes and of that ETF gets approved - because there's no way it should, then its going to really confirm my theory.  We'll find out soon.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Independent Analyst
July 09, 2013, 05:13:52 AM

Dude, I've never seen anything like that.  That's crazy.  That must eat what, 8,000 watts?  What giga hash are you getting (for bitcoin)?

You must have spent at least $25,000 building that.  And hey, if GPU's can't mine bitcoin you can't switch to litecoin.  Or sell the GPU's like you said.

Listen, buy yourself just 100,000 ixCoin.  That's gonna cost you just 4 bitcoins.  Just risk that much in case I'm right about this ETF and how it's gonna affect ixCoin.  With your super rig it would take a few years and thousands in electricity costs to mine 100,000 ixCoins.  ixCoin is a steal right now.  I hope you do it.

Congrats - timing and chance is everything and you had the vision and guts and cash to do it in a big way.  God bless you, man.

Costed about $18,000 USD. It gives me 17,200 MH/s for scrypt mining. I don't mine bitcoin, only litecoin or alts and convert them to bitcoin if the ratio is good.

Eats only 6,000 watts.

IxCoin is a steal because its worth nothing now and less than nothing in the future - that's what I believe.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2013, 05:10:32 AM
Independent Analyst
July 09, 2013, 05:09:51 AM
ixCoin is a perfect risk on a play given Bitcoin gets its ETF AND I'm convinced they will. Devcoin is a more socio-political play. I'm investing in both as much as I can.
lol, did you know IxCoin is not even on major exchanges yet? , not even btc-e?

I wish I could wish you luck, but I believe in science, psychology and economics. None of them indicate any potential for BTC in the long run, let alone IxCoin.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2013, 05:04:49 AM

Independent Analyst
July 09, 2013, 04:58:46 AM
Well, you're presuming the price of bitcoin will stay at $100 or drop while difficulty will go to 100 million.

That's a possibility but I think based on the fact that I'm certain the ETF will get approved (and I seem to be alone on this) that bitcoin will skyrocket later this year and especially next year so now is the time to buy mining rigs cause if I'm right there's gonna be a 1 year wait. 

And I also think the ETF is gonna create a craze and push bitcoin past $1,000 by next year but of course that's crazy talk at this point.  But everything I know about investing tells me there's a high probability of that happening by next year.

If that happens then the mining rigs I bought will be worth their weight in gold, literally.

You have to take some educated risks if you're gonna make it big and that's what I'm doing.  I do realize this is a very high risk at this point as no human on earth thinks Bitcoin will hit $250 next year let alone $1,000.

Good luck.

It's not about taking risks, the point was, you could just buy lots more Bitcoin for the same money right now, instead of waiting for asics to arrive, by which point difficulty is going to skyrocket, which means for the lifetime of your purchased BFL, it would never mine as many bitcoin as if you just use the purchase money to buy bitcoin when the price is low. If bitcoins disappears, your asics are useless, so it's the same as buying bitcoin.

I also got into bitcoin just 3 months ago, but I decided to build this, instead:

Reason:
  • I can still buy bitcoin anytime I want with my litecoin
  • I don't waste time waiting for anything while difficulty sky rockets
  • If everything bursts, I can still recoup 60% of my investment selling hardware
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2013, 04:50:30 AM
So you want me to give all my ideas to the founder of another coin?  Why would I do that?  It's like Gates saying, hey jobs, here's office for you computer Cause it's lacking that.

Sorry man, as much as I want to see a great coin launched and also a good charity coin, there's no way I'm just gonna give away anything I've got to make some other guy's coin better instead of focusing on trying to get mine off the ground.  I'm glad to see you're that trusting and giving but I'm not.

Well, as I see it you are not the Gates or the Job, because you can't code - so your metaphor is out of the windows right away.

As to the "why" question, if you have not heard of it, let me remind you:
Ideas are dozens a dime - and this comes from the founder of the multimillion dollar CDBaby.com

Why? Because your ideas will likely be wasted anyway, never to take shape and just vapor into nothingness as speculative talk.
(I don't know you, but you said you "can't code" + "no money" + "profit driven" = FAIL)

And I get a thanks and he gets rich.
You are in control of whom you trust to share your ideas.
Plus the person who gets rich off your contributed ideas, proving he is smart enough, will quickly recognise that you are an asset to him.
He will be incentivised to share the profit with you, because he knows you are the one who will make him even richer.

His wealth depends on you - the multiplier

You're putting a lot of faith in a guy you don't know, or maybe you have a lot of confidence in your ideas.  I have neither. 

I'd rather try things out on my own but your formula for FAIL is spot on.  I can't learn to program in 3 months so them for me to change the formula to WIN I need to come up with the cash.  I'll do my best.

For now I'm accumulating devcoin and ixCoin.  For some reason I have a really strong feeling that one of those 2 will hit it really big.  They're both dirt cheap. Just $1,000 in either one can make you rich if I end up being right.  Not a lot to risk for such potential.  A lot of coins will probably go up a lot after Bitocin gets their ETF but some will go up a lot more than others.

IxCoin is a clone of bitcoin and its been around a while.  Imagine being a banker and seein the bitcoin ETF working out. There's gonna be massive copying of that ETF and ixCoin would be a perfect fit for another ETF.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 09, 2013, 04:45:30 AM
Buying BFL at the current state of Bitcoin and Altcoin just some what suggests to me you don't really have the mindset of an entrepreneur, another reason why I don't think your ideas will ever take fruition on your own.

Well, you're presuming the price of bitcoin will stay at $100 or drop while difficulty will go to 100 million.

That's a possibility but I think based on the fact that I'm certain the ETF will get approved (and I seem to be alone on this) that bitcoin will skyrocket later this year and especially next year so now is the time to buy mining rigs cause if I'm right there's gonna be a 1 year wait. 

If that happens then the mining rigs I bought will be worth their weight in gold, literally.

You have to take some educated risks if you're gonna make it big and that's what I'm doing.  I do realize this is a very high risk at this point as no human on earth thinks Bitcoin will hit $250 next year let alone $1,000.

Good luck.
Pages:
Jump to: