Pages:
Author

Topic: Fiat and crypto and stock is bs, but property is real - page 4. (Read 960 times)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 115
0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC
...How do you know the wall is definitely structurally sound without a surveyors report.

“You may loss 10-50% on property scam, but not 100% total loss unlike in stock market” I can’t rule out there is foul play on property, and tbh the scam is rampant in property transaction too. The wall might be build with hollowed structurally to cut cost, which they do not fill the entire wall with brick, instead leave the inside to be empty, which save them a lot of money to build wall. I know there is very bizarre scam on property purchase, I recently read news about a bunch of people fighting over the evergreen devel failed to deliver their property, what I understand here is that the property is half baked finished and unliveable, but that’s the worst they have got on property purchase and it’s unorthodox very ground breaking scam, however they still got a pile of concrete in the end, what did the stock investor got after getting scammed, they got totally nothing, not even getting back some concrete, yeah a total loss. Elon Musk got the business from the twitter purchase? that’s certainly not what I heard about him on the gossip.[/quote][/quote]

...“Well diversified portfolio”

This snake oil never get old, I refuse to mention it anymore, this look more snake oil than the stock itself, I strongly believe it’s not much better than short selling derivatives that’s often discussed. So you bought a bunch of well diversified bs and you got the business, what give again? It’s doesn’t even add up, word by word or context by context.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
Many people will transfer assets to property because they have been proven to be safe assets, immovable assets that always go up even by a small percentage, in my country property prices in cities can increase by more than 100% in 7 years or there is an increase of more than 13% per year, of course when compared to cryptocurrencies the increase of 13% per year is very small but the risk is very small making property always the choice of many people.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 301
*STOP NOWHERE*
Property is a very good investment and is liked by everyone, property prices continue to rise because demand for property will continue to increase, even if it is in a strategic location, the increase can reach 100% in 10 years or even less, it is only natural that property is the first asset that everyone targets .
That is indeed a very common thing for property, but investing in property also has risks such as destruction when natural disasters occur, even though this often happens very rarely because remembering natural disasters do not always occur in a certain area or place.

So choosing a property as an investment area is not bad, but everyone also has to look at the place where the property was built so that it has the potential for a 100% increase in price, because not all properties have the same amount of increase when the location is not so strategic.

Exactly, there is no such thing as absolute safety, real estate will also become useless or cause loss if there is a natural disaster or worse, war happens like in Ukraine, real estate is not worth it in this case.

I don't understand why OP is calling cryptocurrency, stocks are bs, when they can bring many times bigger returns than real estate investment. We cannot touch or touch them like other physical assets but their value to us is real, so they can't be called bs, bs are things that do not create value.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
Property is a classic investment that will be liked at any time, it's only natural that people always make real estate the first investment before looking for other investments, besides that the opportunity for profit is very large because real estate prices such as houses, land, buildings and so on will continue to increase.

You sure about most people look to invest first with real state? Coz I see it differently as not everyone could afford to have a property. Yes, the long term profit for real estate is huge and very sustainable. However, you need a bigger capital and even a bigger budget for maintenance and renovation/improvements of your property, especially during the first phase of your business.
With crypto or stock, you don't need extra funds to keep your assets being profitable, as it purely based on the supply and demand.
I don't pick sides which investments are good here, coz they are all a good one, but only depends what your financial standing is.
Maybe he means that since a lot of people never really take the time to invest in anything and spend most of their money away the only moment in their lives in which they actually invest in something is when they purchase a house, and I think that for the most part that is true, after all there are very few people that have any substantial savings which then they decide to use to try to increase their capital by investing in the stock market or in the market of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
Property is a classic investment that will be liked at any time, it's only natural that people always make real estate the first investment before looking for other investments, besides that the opportunity for profit is very large because real estate prices such as houses, land, buildings and so on will continue to increase.

You sure about most people look to invest first with real state? Coz I see it differently as not everyone could afford to have a property. Yes, the long term profit for real estate is huge and very sustainable. However, you need a bigger capital and even a bigger budget for maintenance and renovation/improvements of your property, especially during the first phase of your business.
With crypto or stock, you don't need extra funds to keep your assets being profitable, as it purely based on the supply and demand.
I don't pick sides which investments are good here, coz they are all a good one, but only depends what your financial standing is.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 255
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
It just all depends on what you want to do, that is, just save your capital, increase your capital and at what rate you are going to increase it. Regarding stocks, that is, the stock market and the cryptocurrency market, you have more chances to increase your capital at a faster pace. But as you know, free cheese happens only in a mousetrap and in this case there is a much greater risk. As for the shares themselves, I would like to say the following, that everything depends on which block of shares you acquire, that is, in most cases, the acquisition of a large number of shares implies the acquisition of the company itself with real estate relying on this account, so I would not talk so superficially about shares, that is, real property.
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science
When you talk of investing in property like real estates or owning a mere land remember they are capital intensive. Crypto might seem as bullshit because it has no physical representation but it has raised capital for so many property owners today. Many property owners got what the have through investing in crypto currency. Many through Bitcoin and some through altcoins including the so called shit coin.

Crypto investment is the only way the average investor can try their luck on a few coin and stand a chance of catching up with real world investment. Without the invention of Bitcoin and other crypto currency a lot would have remained in trenches.
Activity: 903
Merit: 391
Property is a very good investment and is liked by everyone, property prices continue to rise because demand for property will continue to increase, even if it is in a strategic location, the increase can reach 100% in 10 years or even less, it is only natural that property is the first asset that everyone targets .
That is indeed a very common thing for property, but investing in property also has risks such as destruction when natural disasters occur, even though this often happens very rarely because remembering natural disasters do not always occur in a certain area or place.

So choosing a property as an investment area is not bad, but everyone also has to look at the place where the property was built so that it has the potential for a 100% increase in price, because not all properties have the same amount of increase when the location is not so strategic.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
Fiat and crypto and stock is bs, but property although is just concrete but it is real.
But what is there to say, when I tell them, they’re scammed they don’t believe me and even being very hostile on me and call me retard, they think they’re getting the business when they buy the stock, what give?

Stocks and real properties are two (2) different investment mechanisms that offers different approaches in order to be effective. It does not mean that if a person losses money frequently on the other, it concludes that investing on such is considered "bs" like what you just mentioned.

Again, while stocks or cryptocurrencies are intangible, it does not make them any less of each other. They have as much impact as any other investment, if not, better if the person knows how to deal with them and use it to their advantage. Having to hasty generalize that they are absolute trash is very fallacious, only depending it on your experience while not checking others.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 722
Fiat and crypto and stock is bs, but property although is just concrete but it is real.

I know all stock investor loss money and some of them are killed, but not all property investor loss money, when Elon Musk said crypto is as bs as fiat, I challenge him to prove me property is anything resembling bs.
I get the people who like to go with the traditional route, but crypto is crypto, the profit you make is the same whereas property is not exactly the same everywhere. Buying a house in Toronto, and Detroit is VERY different and yet they are side by side, biking distance, same goes for every nation everywhere, buying property is not exactly the same method and it doesn't allow you to make it work like that neither.

This is why I have to say that it's true for some nations with some laws and such, whereas it's not true for some other nations because it's a lot more strict and problematic as well. You can talk about whatever nation you are in, but this isn't globally true.
Gliobal situations would really be that totally different which the thing you had said and mentioned are actually precise and its something that do means that every decision making would be ending up on different way
whether we do talk about the result or do talk on about on how they would be acquiring it.Speaking about money or profits then it would be situational considering that crypto investment doesnt impose out fix
income per month unlike when you do have real estate.

Doesnt matter on which one you would be choosing because as long it does give out that kind of opportunity for you to earn on something passive whether its on crypto or in
those typical business then thats what do counts.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058

I know all stock investor loss money and some of them are killed, but not all property investor loss money, when Elon Musk said crypto is as bs as fiat, I challenge him to prove me property is anything resembling bs.
I get the people who like to go with the traditional route, but crypto is crypto, the profit you make is the same whereas property is not exactly the same everywhere. Buying a house in Toronto, and Detroit is VERY different and yet they are side by side, biking distance, same goes for every nation everywhere, buying property is not exactly the same method and it doesn't allow you to make it work like that neither.

This is why I have to say that it's true for some nations with some laws and such, whereas it's not true for some other nations because it's a lot more strict and problematic as well. You can talk about whatever nation you are in, but this isn't globally true.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 362
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

When you buy into stock, you get snake oil, but promised it’s indeed a “business”, stock =/= business wake up. When you buy into property you indeed get the concrete box, you indeed get what you paid for,

first of all, you know that property can be created more and destroyed while bitcoin cannot be added or subtracted at all. currently, people in my country are complaining because selling their property quickly is really difficult, it shows even though you have the physical property of the property but in reality, only people who need it buy it. Property is not an investment asset, it is a liability.

But what is there to say, when I tell them, they’re scammed they don’t believe me and even being very hostile on me and call me retard, they think they’re getting the business when they buy the stock, what give?

some companies will distribute dividends per year to each of their shareholders, so shares are still very much in demand, especially by old investors who have a lot of money.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
And one reason why property prices are going to increase is that, they're limited, a scarce asset and that's why demand will surely be up continuously.
But, we just can't say that it is going to be up forever because once the housing market collapses then it will be a domino impact that there will be more cheap houses on sale depending on laws and the interaction of the government where you live at. We all agree that it's one of the best asset and each of these great assets are incomparable to each other.
It's still a profitable asset even if you say it will collapse it depends if the population would stop to grow then we won't see a bunch of housing projects. But land property is a thing wherever you are it can grow over time and all you have to do is patiently waiting to sell it on the right time or put some business on it when that place is developing. Real estate is indeed in demand especially in the urban area since no matter what happens in that town the population and people want to go in there won't stop.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
And one reason why property prices are going to increase is that, they're limited, a scarce asset and that's why demand will surely be up continuously.
But, we just can't say that it is going to be up forever because once the housing market collapses then it will be a domino impact that there will be more cheap houses on sale depending on laws and the interaction of the government where you live at. We all agree that it's one of the best asset and each of these great assets are incomparable to each other.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
ok quick math

2003: house market rate £150k
2003 mortgage interest rate 5%

end result on 20 year mortgage =  $237k paid just to have a house

market rate this year. £266k
now include the £500 a year buildings insurance required as part of mortgage agreement
+£10k
then the £500 electric/gas maintenance
+£10k
then there is the general maintenance and living costs. land taxes, gains, state(coincil) taxes
UK council tax alone is £1.2k/y = £24k

=£281,000 vs market rate of £266,000
.. and yep no longer a profit.

however if i invested in bitcoin in 2012(10 years) using just £150 (one and 1half hundred.. not thousands)
£4 a coin becomes £13600
37.5 coins become £510,000

bitcoin: £150->£510,000
vs
housing: £281,000-> £266,000

summary

real estate "value gain" of x multiplier is not real. because most forget the actual ongoing costs after the initial house valuation.. like interest, insurance, maintenance and tax
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
Depends on where it is located and depends on how good the property is when it comes to looks and utility or in overall since not all properties does ends up on appreciation value but we cant really deny
that it is one of the much more preferred when it comes to investment.The main problem or issue on here is that these type of investment cant really be cheap, even if we wanted to buy one but it
cant really be something that do involves small amount of money which is particularly the opposite and this is why it would really be remaining as a dream since
it is something that everyone could easily attain.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 311
Investment, of course, depends on everyone, expensive property prices cannot be reached by most people, especially when you need money it will be difficult and take a long time to sell, while cryptocurrencies are very easy investments and we can make cash at any time, and of course the potential for profit can reach hundreds of percent per year.
Investing in crypto is very easy to do, in fact it can be done by everyone. Moreover, some exchanges accept users from all over the world using passport identities. But there are also many investors who experience losses as a result of choosing the wrong coin to invest. And many investors experience losses when investing in pre-sales. In essence, crypto investment must have the right analytical skills.

If someone is going to invest in poperty, of course the basic capital that must be issued is far greater than investing in crypto. Or you can do it by credit if a place provides credit services. But for me, the most appropriate investment is to buy land, because in the end we will need it for old age. In old age, we no longer think about how many cars we have, but where can I live for the rest of my life.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 12
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
I get what you want to point out but calling those things BS is going overboard. I love having more properties if I can because it doesn't get spoiled or it won't go away, it will just be there for the rest of our lives.
But if you are still using fiat for buying necessities, and you are talking in a cryptocurrency-based forum, aren't you exaggerating things here and being a hypocrite. Me? I am glad there's so many options now because real estate investment is not a cheap one unlike others that was mentioned to be "BS".
Pages:
Jump to: