Pages:
Author

Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked - page 17. (Read 2495 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14
It is very distressing to hear about what happened to you. I understand how hard it is to realize that some scoundrel has taken from you what you earned with your labor for a long time. I felt the same feelings some time ago. I, of course, did not quite understand how they managed to hack MEW through the mail. But we need to be very careful about all suspicious messages.
Activity: 95
Merit: 0
I'm sorry to hear that. I myself want to buy a crypto currency for a long time and I do not know how to protect it. Now this has become a big problem
Activity: 112
It's terrible!  Angry I feel sorry for anyone who lose money. Did you have strong password for email?  Did you write to tech support google? may be they will tell you how it happened..
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Sorry for the loss, hackers are on prowl these days, they targeted mostly MEW wallets using phishing sites as well as sending unsolicited emails while demanding for some information from people thus gaining access to your wallet, I had been sent many emails by hackers urging me to give some information about my wallet in return for some tokens of course such  messages are deleted immediately.
Activity: 140
This is a very sad news and I am sorry for your loss. If you may can you specify in details what happen to the situation where you get a phishing attack on your email address? This may help others too to prevent on making the same mistakes you did. Also hold on to the crypto industry this should be again your stepping stone to move forward and to be more develop.
Activity: 196
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/myetherwallet-2833397
Read the post. Maybe you'll find something new for yourself. My friend had the same situation. Now he very cautiously owns a mayetherwallet.
Activity: 616
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
If you can tell in more detail what exactly happened, whether you  follow any links or how an attacker could get your key. We all together try to understand what happened.
Activity: 728
Merit: 110
Man, I apologize for that. If you are sure that it was mew hack and not a phishing site, then maybe you will drop a message to the mew team with explanation what happens with you, maybe they can recover your crypto. I know whitehats hackers recovered money somehow.
Activity: 168
Are you guys still using myether wallet after so many warnings from the site that it's not advisable to log in with your private key. Download imtoken and login to your wallet from there
Activity: 616
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't even tell you how much it hurts. The only step I took to secure my funds was to buy a hardware wallet and use several wallets, as it is very dangerous to keep everything on one. And still there is a wallet on which I have most of my money and I am very afraid. MEW needs to make more safe wallet!!!

It's horrible!! You don't leave crypto, give it one more chance. You need buy a hardware wallet and then you will be more secure, your losses now no one will make up for, but you will be able to re-earn.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
Friend, I express my condolences (It is really very sad and I too can not understand how hackers have broken your wallet. I would advise you to keep funds on hardware wallets, which is very convenient and safe. MEW has been breaking very often recently.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I have a friend in the bounty company laid out not his wallet, but his own key. And he, too, lost a very large amount. So you need to be more careful
Activity: 196
I'm very sorry for Your loss! This is a bad situation, you need to tune in and be able to survive this situation. There are a lot of scammers in cryptomeria, all are looking for benefits using hacker attacks. How to protect yourself from them? There is still no sure way. This is the only disadvantage of storing funds in an electronic wallet.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
I am sorry about what happened to you and I understand how you must be feeling right now. I do not think myetherwallet hack doesn't have to do with compromised google account unless you saved your private key (or json file) on your google drive. However as others suggested invest in hardware wallet or spread your tokens along multiple etherwallet accounts.
Activity: 453
Merit: 100
I use my ledger nano s hardwallet, it's safer, I mean you could increase the safety all most on every level, but if they got your keys trough your mail/email, that is just shitty security from your side.

You should know that if you didn't disable, google saves all your history and what have you been doing and saves on your email adress that has been logged in at the time you were using wallet/web. Now I don't know what that means with all the keyboard inputs.

also, if you unknowigly saved some private keys on google drive is a possibility too, other than that beware of rigged chrome or firefox extentions
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
Think better
Very sad indeed if we get hacked wallet. but most of the hackers before doing it usually ask for a wallet key with a very interesting promotion and we accidentally fill out a form that one of the contents mapped the wallet key.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Sorry for your loss mate.

Why is it that I have read again someone complaining that they are using email to login with MEW?

I suspect that you logged in to a phishing link and you never the latest news that a browser extension was hacked thats connected to MEW.
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
Im sorry for your loss. I'm still think if how you got hacked by an email there is a slight chance that you got hack by it. Just because someone know your email it doesn't mean that you will get hacked unless you have your private key stored in your email.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
Most of the people who uses MEW was accidently put their private key to some phishing links, these are the common reasons on why their MEW got hacked. But, somehow, if there also another account like your google account which doesn't have any relation between each, it probably your PC got hijacked by someone else a k a RAT.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
A few months ago MEW was crowded in talk too because many assets are stolen, and the way hackers steal them is by phishing web, I guess this also happens to MEW thag you have. For the future if you save money on MEW, bookmark MEW is a safe way.
Pages:
Jump to: