Pages:
Author

Topic: [FIND] FindYou Coin - Faucet Distribution - page 13. (Read 76542 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
December 06, 2014, 07:06:54 PM
Not that I am trying to spread FUD, but there is an inherent flaw with the faucet distribution method.
I like the idea that you can leave the wallet open and coins are distributed via faucet... I think Miracle Coin was the first to do this.

One issue that raises concern with in-wallet faucet distributions is tractability.
For example, I left a wallet running... and a central server somewhere now has my IP address for distribution.

This central server knows exactly how much has been distributed to each wallet, and geographically, there is probably a participation map.
Sounds paranoid? 
Why were cryptos created in the first place?

So somewhere in the back of my mind, I can't help but think some entity will use this method to 'track down' crypto users.
Now if this was available over TOR or I2P, that would be a different story... but over clearnet?

Just something to think about when utilizing a wallet with a central faucet for distribution.

moot point now.  The coin is dead.
Activity: 631
Merit: 501
December 06, 2014, 06:58:31 PM
Not that I am trying to spread FUD, but there is an inherent flaw with the faucet distribution method.
I like the idea that you can leave the wallet open and coins are distributed via faucet... I think Miracle Coin was the first to do this.

One issue that raises concern with in-wallet faucet distributions is tractability.
For example, I left a wallet running... and a central server somewhere now has my IP address for distribution.

This central server knows exactly how much has been distributed to each wallet, and geographically, there is probably a participation map.
Sounds paranoid? 
Why were cryptos created in the first place?

So somewhere in the back of my mind, I can't help but think some entity will use this method to 'track down' crypto users.
Now if this was available over TOR or I2P, that would be a different story... but over clearnet?

Just something to think about when utilizing a wallet with a central faucet for distribution.

legendary
December 06, 2014, 06:43:16 PM
Yup, bag and tag it at this point, just another PoS clone shitcoin
December 06, 2014, 06:40:06 PM
ok, so if we don't hear from dev in next 2-3 days (until the supposed distribution end) - how can we do the community takeover? via coin swap? and how this coin swap is done? we just create new identical coin, and exchange FIND on this coins?

If that were to happen, and I personally hope the dev makes an appearance before then...

You would have to find someone with takeover experience.

It will be a bumpy road as a lot of work needs to go into discontinuing the existing chain and starting a new one.
You may not find a developer wanting to invest the time doing so.

It's really a tough call for an un-established coin... it would most likely be labeled and buried.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 06, 2014, 06:35:48 PM
ok, so if we don't hear from dev in next 2-3 days (until the supposed distribution end) - how can we do the community takeover? via coin swap? and how this coin swap is done? we just create new identical coin, and exchange FIND on this coins?
December 06, 2014, 06:22:19 PM
HOLD On MATES! Please !!! ...

This post hurt my head.

The point is, I am sure there are many of us who would like to see this coin succeed.
Keep in mind many of us have been on this ride many, many times before.

Something goes wrong, there is no communication, accusations fly and the coin dies.

The wallet has stopped faucet distribution.  
Weather this was intentional, or unintentional, something has gone wrong.

There has been no communication from the dev afaik... which in my opinion irresponsible.  
If you create a coin, and a community behind that coin, be prepared to support it fully at all costs.  

Now with that being said, what is to keep us here and using the coin?

Just because it's now on an exchange?  Not good enough.
New development?  Initial development isn't even done.

The one person who can defend this coin is not here, or appearing to not be here, to defend their coin.

So do not be quick to flame those that are calling this coin dead, or on the way, to being dead.
It is, unfortunately, showing all the signs of abandoned development.
Activity: 434
Merit: 260
December 06, 2014, 05:42:34 PM
HOLD On MATES! Please !!!
We all are in that situation..., don't start to cry at the 1-st moment, w8 to gone 24 hrs before you do SHITZ Like always.., no one of you was listen and read the DEV, no one was hear us who say don't do that.., that.., that.. and that ...., but you all are great and better than the others....
THX, almost all of you are "NICE".., the big BOSSes are here ..... OMFG Where I'm going with my crap coins......
GOOD Almost all of you who buy FIND have enough BTC in back..., only few are like me who spend the last bit for this...., and invest everything IN ...
NVM Like the MCL the Miracle will be soon here.., not shure for you all, b ut for me will be for sure.., and stop looking only for the fuzking profit, and how to make few pixels from the free....
All like me can mine for self..., too can mine for the community etc...., nvm forget :S  Undecided
I'm the stupid one cuz just loss time to write to people who don't care about anything...., no one respect the DEV work ...... (nvm how much work he spend, he say what he want and what will be .....)
sorry but every day comming some one new here and start to push oil/gas in the fire ........ SORRY BUT CANT UNDERSTAND YOU I want, but cant .....  Angry  Embarrassed  Undecided
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
December 06, 2014, 04:42:15 PM
We Bid You Goodnight
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
December 06, 2014, 04:35:01 PM
I'm out.
legendary
December 06, 2014, 04:23:59 PM
Distribution DID end.  There's still 20%+ of this coin in private hands.  It's over folks, time to turn out the lights.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
December 06, 2014, 04:20:05 PM
I wish there was a polite way to say FUCK YOU to all the idiots in this thread that don't take the time to read what the dev writes and instead just post crap about waiting for him.  I have rarely seen a dev express his intent as clearly as the FIND coin dev did.  So if you are confused or waiting for the price to go up pull your head out of your ass and read the dev's posts.  There are only four of them ffs.
Thank You ..Time will tell

4 sat. it seems that jookly is right
Activity: 154
December 06, 2014, 04:12:53 PM
The distribution will end on the 10th of December and yet the price keep dropping. Is there any hope for this coin?

NO.

I wish i sold this crap while its price was 30-35 satoshi...
Frankly me too but i hope things turn around for good.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
December 06, 2014, 03:42:48 PM
The distribution will end on the 10th of December and yet the price keep dropping. Is there any hope for this coin?

NO.

I wish i sold this crap while its price was 30-35 satoshi...
Activity: 154
December 06, 2014, 03:38:04 PM
December 06, 2014, 02:43:36 PM
Blah blah, you'd have to do a coin swap to cut the remaining coins.  Not worth saving.  I hope you didn't throw any BTC at this Cheesy

Then again the only ones that really did were the pump and dumpers, and fuck them so ha ha Grin

I was hoping it wound't be too complicated.. .but you're right, it would be a lot of work for this.
Never purchased any, just had the wallet open while my machine did other work.

If this tanks, I feel sorry for those who did buy.

legendary
December 06, 2014, 02:40:55 PM
Blah blah, you'd have to do a coin swap to cut the remaining coins.  Not worth saving.  I hope you didn't throw any BTC at this Cheesy

Then again the only ones that really did were the pump and dumpers, and fuck them so ha ha Grin
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
December 06, 2014, 02:26:47 PM
Yeah let's call CyberRobinHood and hax dat coin. Then distribute it to ppl like what it is invented for.

Forget the dev. He is asleep.
December 06, 2014, 02:06:27 PM
what about community take over Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Where's Tranz.... he's good at take overs!   Wink
I agree ok waiting him to respond anyone could help ...Raise A Hand

Meaning you contacted Tranz?
I hope he can pick up the coin!
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 06, 2014, 01:37:57 PM
what about community take over Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Where's Tranz.... he's good at take overs!   Wink
I agree ok waiting him to respond anyone could help ...Raise A Hand
legendary
December 06, 2014, 01:36:02 PM
Faucet broken.  Well guess it really IS time to dump this shit.
Pages:
Jump to: