Pages:
Author

Topic: Find Trendon Shavers in person thread... [BTCST, BTS&T, pirateat40] - page 17. (Read 81236 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
I want the MD5 every other Wednesday, and there better not be any fucking crumbs in the seats. I hate that.

(SEC never contacted me after filing months ago)
donator
Activity: 853
Merit: 1000
Out of obvious interest: What happens to any coins that are found?
Will it be attempted to return them, or does the court not care about that?

The SEC will handle that
Activity: 576
Merit: 514
Out of obvious interest: What happens to any coins that are found?
Will it be attempted to return them, or does the court not care about that?
donator
Activity: 853
This guy ripped of hundreds of user to (at the time) the tune of $2M in BTC using a pozi investment scheme.

He defaulted on all his loans and owes some guys hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The community doxed him and his entire family threatening lawsuits and violence.  No one followed through.

Then entire bitcoin lending market collapsed as a result.

The United States Securities and Exchange Commission has been interviewing positional witnesses over the past year.

Look for an indictment of Trendon Shavers in the next 6 - 8 months. 

(The wheels of justice turn slowly.)

I can confirm this is accurate. Very likely he will end up in prison. That will be a good day for the Bitcoin community.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
This guy ripped of hundreds of user to (at the time) the tune of $2M in BTC using a pozi investment scheme.

He defaulted on all his loans and owes some guys hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The community doxed him and his entire family threatening lawsuits and violence.  No one followed through.

Then entire bitcoin lending market collapsed as a result.

The United States Securities and Exchange Commission has been interviewing positional witnesses over the past year.

Look for an indictment of Trendon Shavers in the next 6 - 8 months. 

(The wheels of justice turn slowly.)

legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
Can someone make a TL;DR of this entire thread up to this point.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Fanning the flames...
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
You were talking to Trendon, bro.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
The guy was supposedly drunk so the extra zero is possibly a mistake. (if the story is really to true, we ain't sure about that)
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
[10/25/2012 4:53:54 PM] BangkokGuy: He had plenty of cash on him as well. 5000 bhat notes. But he was scruffy as hell, he was wearing shorts and trainers
Correct me if Im wrong but Im pretty sure there are no 5000 baht notes
You seem to be right.

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
[10/25/2012 4:53:54 PM] BangkokGuy: He had plenty of cash on him as well. 5000 bhat notes. But he was scruffy as hell, he was wearing shorts and trainers
Correct me if Im wrong but Im pretty sure there are no 5000 baht notes
Activity: 25
If everyone wasn't so sketched out, you should gather a few people up and have an unexpected meet up with him. Call his local police station and file a report, you have all the proof necessary.

Actually, there is very little "proof" which would meet the standard required for criminal prosecution and many people who lost funds to pirate don't want their own financial dealings subjected to investigation.

There is proof.
You have a signed contract with Trendon?  You are one of the few then.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
mistaken for gribble since 2011
If everyone wasn't so sketched out, you should gather a few people up and have an unexpected meet up with him. Call his local police station and file a report, you have all the proof necessary.

Actually, there is very little "proof" which would meet the standard required for criminal prosecution and many people who lost funds to pirate don't want their own financial dealings subjected to investigation.

There is proof.
Activity: 868

zaj
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
where are you located?

This may also indicate the case is no longer active.

belgium
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
You must be very new to this pirate & Trendon Shavers scam.
Activity: 42
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Inb4 Pirate is Philip Moustakis
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
where are you located?

This may also indicate the case is no longer active.
zaj
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
can dig up all the information you want about him nothing is gonna happen. and that sec fucker never mailed me back either. what a joke.

Thank you for reaching out to us.  Before we can speak, I have to make sure there are no legal hurdles on my end.  (There are different rules for each country.)  The individuals with whom I need to consult are on vacation this week, but I am sure I will be in touch shortly after the new year.

I hope the holiday season is finding you well.

Best regards,
Philip

Philip Moustakis ∙ Senior Attorney ∙ Division of Enforcement ∙ United States Securities & Exchange Commission ∙ 3 World Financial Center, Suite 400, New York, NY 10281-1022 ∙ (212) 336-0542 ∙ [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:27 PM
To: Moustakis, Philip
Subject: sec investigation Trendon Shavers
Pages:
Jump to: