Pages:
Author

Topic: Finmail - Email service with native support for BTC/USDT - page 2. (Read 1477 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 11
I love getting early access ... so I decided to test your product a bit and it was completely unexpected for me that the username "@username" was available for registration, and I took it .. (although for example usernames such as "Bitcoin, Crypto, OgAss" were already taken). As for the product, I like the idea and the interface, but I'll write about that a little later.

Thank you for your comment and support!

Meanwhile, it is not suggested to use common name/word like "Bitcoin" and/or "Crypto" to be username, since it may confuse the receiver of sender's identity.

We will continue to improve the service and, hope it can benefit more people.
Hello! I love the idea of the project and I have couple of questions
1. Only transfers of BTC/USDT available?
2. Do u plan to implement altcoins?
3. Can I tansfer coin to bitcoin fog or other similar wallets?
4. Do you plan to make mobile application?
5. How do you secure freelancers? Do you have your own ESCROW service?
Thank you for your support Smiley The answers are as below:

1. Yes, presently only BTC/USDT are supported. It is because for reward purpose in USD, BTC/USDT is sufficient. ETH may be introduced in future.
2. Probably. It mainly depends on market demand.
3. Sorry but we are not familiar with bitcoin fog. However, if it supports BTC and/or USDT on Omni network, probably it is possible.
4. We are considering making a mobile application, but not decided yet. Presently you can use web browser on mobile to view the site, which will be displayed in mobile version.
5. It is a big point. We had ever implemented escrow service in the legacy site at https://legacy.finmail.com. After moving to the new/current site, we are considering improving the process, so the same feature has not been implemented yet. We may release the feature in future.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
I love getting early access ... so I decided to test your product a bit and it was completely unexpected for me that the username "@username" was available for registration, and I took it .. (although for example usernames such as "Bitcoin, Crypto, OgAss" were already taken). As for the product, I like the idea and the interface, but I'll write about that a little later.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello! I love the idea of the project and I have couple of questions
1. Only transfers of BTC/USDT available?
2. Do u plan to implement altcoins?
3. Can I tansfer coin to bitcoin fog or other similar wallets?
4. Do you plan to make mobile application?
5. How do you secure freelancers? Do you have your own ESCROW service?
Monthly Update:
1. Since its launch on November 1, 2020, Finmail Mailbox now has more than 20,000 registered users. On January 7, 2021, “ro**[email protected]” became the 10,000th user. To celebrate this breakthrough, 200 USDT has been awarded to the user’s Finmail account.
2. A new feature "Today's Cuisine Travel" is added to the mailbox
3. Due to increased number of submissions, the specification of Task 8 has been updated to ensure the quality of articles.

The Finmail January Newsletter in 2021 is available at http://xro3s.mjt.lu/nl2/xro3s/ovx.html
2-Factor Authentication feature  seems to be out of commission. Both "Create secret" and "Show recovery codes" button grayed out and do not work  when "Activate" box is checked. Is that function still developed? It would be nice to have U2F authentication as well.  Guidance on how to send / receive crypto using FinMail service would be greatly appreciated.

UPD: managed to make 2FA working but I don't understand how I did it through randomized clicking on various buttons, either a bug or not straightforward implementation.
Thank you for your comment, which is very valuable. U2F authentication may be useful for payment related users and, we'll consider supporting it. A new guide on how to use Finmail Mailbox may also be introduced in the main site.

To enable 2FA, please try the steps below:
Login -> Click "Settings" -> Click "2-Factor Authentication" -> Click "Fill all fields" -> Scan QR code -> In the text field right to the "Check code" button, fill in the auth code on your cell phone -> Click "Check code" -> A message shows "Code OK" -> Click "Save" -> Done
I don`t completely understand what role cryptocurrencies have in your project. Could I transfer them just with the e-mail, right? I think project is quite local, because I really don`t see it necessity in my life, but it looks really strong and hope Finmail will find own consumers
Thank you for your comment. Presently you can transfer BTC/USDT using email addresses within Finmail, Hotmail, Outlook and Office 365 users by internal transfer. As mentioned in the last post, options 2 and 3 enable different email hosts to transfer BTC/USDT in between by email addresses as well. Since different hosts are completely independent, we have to rely on cryptocurrencies to transfer value between them.
In future we also hope to transfer digital currencies together with e-mail, which should be technically feasible.
Although not totally sure, we believe the project will make people's lives more convenient in future.
Activity: 252
I don`t completely understand what role cryptocurrencies have in your project. Could I transfer them just with the e-mail, right? I think project is quite local, because I really don`t see it necessity in my life, but it looks really strong and hope Finmail will find own consumers
Will users be able to self-custody?
It is possible. Presently we are expected to support the following custody options:

1. Use @finmail.com as main domain to handle both email and digital currency. All domain, mailbox and coin wallets are hosted by us, like the Finmail Mailbox.
2. Use custom domain from users. Domain is self-custody by users, while mailbox and coin wallets are hosted by us.
3. All domain, mailbox and coin wallets are self-custody by users.

All transfers of BTC/USDT can be made by email address. Within the same hosts, they goes through internal transfer to enjoy low cost and high efficiency, while between different hosts they goes through external transfer, i.e. BTC/USDT network.

Users can also send/receive just coins by email addresses, if they do not plan to use mailbox. In this case, there is no need to host mailbox.

All 3 options have been realized through our internal test. However, since option 3 needs to release source code to users, for security purpose, it may not be available at the moment. We may release options 3 when appropriate.

If interested, you are welcome to try option 1 and 2. To option 2, please contact us for more details.
sdp
Activity: 469
Merit: 280
Will users be able to self-custody?
Thank you for the comments, which are quite valuable.

To solve the partial refund issue, it is true that due to the relatively low transaction speed and high fee of Bitcoin, more currencies need to be introduced, for example LTC and USDT, etc. In this way, we are using the "remittance" or "clearing" approach, which is also how email is working.

Alternatively, some semi-centralized or centralized mechanisms can also be introduced, for example lighting network and third-party service. In this way, the value transfer is kind of "payment", which is usually faster and fault-tolerant. However, the network covered by payment service is usually smaller than email. Therefore these approaches will be good supplement to the add-in, but the foundation will still be digital currency.

The current support for Microsoft email is due to the fact that Outlook/Hotmail has wider acceptance globally than Gmail, although Gmail has more users than Outlook. In addition, the development environment for Outlook is very mature, which makes is easy for us to turn the idea into production. After the add-in for Outlook/Hotmail, we will naturally continue the development for other brands including Gmail, if the market turns out to be valuable.

It might be true that it will be a humongous task to make people trust the add-in and their online money (personally I do not like this word). However just like online payment 20 years ago and, cloud service 10 years ago, the change of publicity in internet age is always faster than old days. In addition, regardless the publicity, if the project is really a cornerstone, it will be able to show the beneficial value to the society, which we believe so.

Hello dude, I think you must also consider this one

this is for the better and improvement in regarding to your post here anyway. Although, I am reviewing it right now all the statement mentioned in the above as well.

Thank you for the comments. We have updated the topic subject and the first post, which reflects the latest development of Finmail. Hope it is fine.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Thank you for the comments, which are quite valuable.

To solve the partial refund issue, it is true that due to the relatively low transaction speed and high fee of Bitcoin, more currencies need to be introduced, for example LTC and USDT, etc. In this way, we are using the "remittance" or "clearing" approach, which is also how email is working.

Alternatively, some semi-centralized or centralized mechanisms can also be introduced, for example lighting network and third-party service. In this way, the value transfer is kind of "payment", which is usually faster and fault-tolerant. However, the network covered by payment service is usually smaller than email. Therefore these approaches will be good supplement to the add-in, but the foundation will still be digital currency.

The current support for Microsoft email is due to the fact that Outlook/Hotmail has wider acceptance globally than Gmail, although Gmail has more users than Outlook. In addition, the development environment for Outlook is very mature, which makes is easy for us to turn the idea into production. After the add-in for Outlook/Hotmail, we will naturally continue the development for other brands including Gmail, if the market turns out to be valuable.

It might be true that it will be a humongous task to make people trust the add-in and their online money (personally I do not like this word). However just like online payment 20 years ago and, cloud service 10 years ago, the change of publicity in internet age is always faster than old days. In addition, regardless the publicity, if the project is really a cornerstone, it will be able to show the beneficial value to the society, which we believe so.

Hello dude, I think you must also consider this one

this is for the better and improvement in regarding to your post here anyway. Although, I am reviewing it right now all the statement mentioned in the above as well.
Monthly Update:
1. The main site "www.finmail.com" has been moved to the original Finmail Focus site and, the old domain "blog.finamil.com" is obsoleted.
2. A new section "Cuisine Travel by Finmail" has been added to the frontpage for cuisine travelers.
3. A new Knowledge Base system has been introduced to archive all supporting and help documents.
4.With the move of main site, the newsletter system has also been updated.

The Finmail December Newsletter is available at http://xro3s.mjt.lu/nl2/xro3s/msk.html?m=AMAAAI23M08AAAAAGcQAAADkzWAAAAAALHEAAByzABbQhQBf5iQFo_9nVscLQw6N9qththFICgAWcgk&b=97fca125&e=d13f48d3&x=NsQvKZRkXv_BiFdAPsn41w

Although this year has been very challenging, Finmail is still developing rapidly with your great support and our joint effort. Thank you for your assistance and collaboration in the part year!

Merry Christmas  Smiley
With the launch of Finmail Mailbox, this month will be a milestone in our team's history. Here's the Monthly Update:
1. Finmail Mailbox is officially launched on Nov 1, 2020.
2. Both Finmail Payment and Work have been moved to Finmail Mailbox and integrated as internal facilities.
3. To encourage transfers to Finmail Mailbox, the reward for all approved submissions between Nov 11 and Nov 13 has been doubled.
4. Due to increasing number of submissions, the task specifications have been updated.
5. There have been several news reports about Finmail Mailbox, including Yahoo! Finance, PaymentsSource and PR Newswire, etc.

The Finmail November Newsletter in 2020 is available at https://shoutout.wix.com/so/c4NO8dC_2

Some news reports are available at:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/securechain-launches-finmail-mailbox-send-153400157.html
https://www.paymentssource.com/news/alipay-comes-to-u-s-vending-machines-nrf-predicts-bountiful-holiday-sales
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/securechain-launches-finmail-mailbox-to-send-digital-currency-by-email-301178004.html?tc=eml_cleartime
Monthly Update:
1. Finmail Mailbox, a new email service integrated with digital currency, has started internal testing.
2. More than 200 people have received our invitation to participate in the internal test of Finmail Mailbox
3. Both back-end and front-end of Finmail Payment has been updated to support Finmail Mailbox

The Finmail October Newsletter in 2020 is available at https://shoutout.wix.com/so/b7NLk4tJt
Monthly Update:
1. The homepage of Finmail Focus is updated
2. The article layout is updated in order to encourage more voting and rating
2. The article handling process is improved

The Finmail September Newsletter in 2020 is available at https://shoutout.wix.com/so/44NJFvKXj
Monthly Update:
1. Some task scopes are updated
2. The Finmail Focus website back-end is improved to be more efficient.
3. The number of new article submissions reaches around 150

The Finmail August Newsletter in 2020 is available at https://shoutout.wix.com/so/8eNGgqV5s
Monthly Update:
1. A new version of Finmail Payment service is released, which enables all domain owners to use their domain-based email addresses to send/receive BTC/USDT payment. The service can be hosted either on cloud, or even on your own server.
2. A new version Finmail Add-in is released in Office Store, which is compatible with the updated Finmail Payment service.
3. The ID verification policy is updated, which enables people to post freelance tasks without the need of ID verification, if the reward is small.
4. A new user guide for Finmail Payment Web is online.

The Finmail July Newsletter in 2020 is available at https://shoutout.wix.com/so/ecNELXkJE
Monthly Update:
1. In addition to personal submissions, solutions submitted by organizations are also accepted.
2. The back-end of Finmail Payment service is improved with emphasis on stability.
3. The number of article submissions maintains a record high.

The Finmail June Newsletter in 2020 is available at https://shoutout.wix.com/so/8dNBrEEjD
Looks like an interesting project, I think the UX/UI could be improved but nonetheless it's a great idea.
Cool
Pages:
Jump to: