Pages:
Author

Topic: First Ever Bitcoin Bank to be Opened in Switzerland? - page 4. (Read 6933 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Sounds interesting, original idea
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
IMO for most bitcoin adopters, they need such kind of service, a trusted third party holding their funds and earning interests at the same time. Switzerland is the best place to open such a bank, due to its regulatory stability, international neutrality and its deep-seated tradition in global finance.

What would really be wonderful is if the Swiss government embraced bitcoin as a completely protected currency without any government interference. With Switzerland's financial reputation, it would send a huge message to the rest of the world that bitcoin is a valid currency.

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
having a bitcoin bank defeats the whole purpose of bitcoin .. ugh!

If you can borrow and save money without a bank, then you do not need a bank.
Activity: 350
having a bitcoin bank defeats the whole purpose of bitcoin .. ugh!
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Captain

3 very interesting articles, thanks for sharing.

I think that most bank are terrified about bitcoin, because they can't control it and the bad rep also play a role (Mainly silkroad).

But I have little doubt that banks eventually will have to switch to crypto. Like mentioned in the article, each time money is being printed, the fiat value just gets more and more deluted. I would not be suprised if a number of big banks will together and create an new "altcoin" (to be used for interbank transfer) based on blockchain technoligy and get all the ISO and FED approvals to have it reconized as a currency, all other banks would quickly after make their own altcoin or join. If that happens then is bitcoins mission completed = Eliminate the nasty fiat.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
That is not good. The whole point with bitcoin is that people should learn to take responsibility for their own money.
Banks will just make another weak point of centralization where speculation can happen.
The problem is that when a lot of people deposite money in the same place then can the bank "invest" these fundshttp://sbex.ch/ to all kinda stuff, risking the peoples money with only vauge concensus. Bitcoin gives people an unique oppotunity for being independend of banks.

Yeah Scamlert, you're absolutely right , overwise, have you read this ?

http://www.coindesk.com/swiss-bank-ubs-banks-absorb-benefits-bitcoin/

and this:  
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-27/switzerland-open-bitcoin-bank-crypto-fort-knox-relocates-zurich

and finaly  this ...: http://sbex.ch/

?  Wink
Activity: 490
Captain
That is not good. The whole point with bitcoin is that people should learn to take responsibility for their own money.
Banks will just make another weak point of centralization where speculation can happen.
The problem is that when a lot of people deposite money in the same place then can the bank "invest" these funds to all kinda stuff, risking the peoples money with only vauge concensus. Bitcoin gives people an unique oppotunity for being independend of banks.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
Is there really a need for a Bitcoin bank?
I thought the whole purpose of Bitcoin is to avoid banks.
To be your own bank.

Sure, anybody could be a bank, but nobody could be a mountain.

"And that's where Guido stores our bitcoins."

Your picture is fake - just went up there to search for the promised Bitcoins, but everything was covered in snow:

So you are saying this Swiss guys are storing Bitcoins people deposit there inside fake Mountain?
Can that be true? You have any other picture or other evidence to confirm your claim?

No. We Swiss use mountain goats to stomp QR_codes into the snow. Then we turn it with a little help of water into ice. So the only way to read the code is to fly high or to use a QR-sniffing-dog.
Activity: 210
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
To be your own bank.

Your picture is fake - just went up there to search for the promised Bitcoins, but everything was covered in snow:

So you are saying this Swiss guys are storing Bitcoins people deposit there inside fake Mountain?
Can that be true? You have any other picture or other evidence to confirm your claim?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Fuck man, this is a bad news...bank for bitcoins, then it is a normal currency now.

just don't use like you do with fiat, and nothing will change, those bank for bitcoin are born because many can't have full control over their bitcoin, and aren't good enough at security

if this will help adoption, then it's welcome
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
This is also the first ever post to bitcointalk.org.

Pretty cool eh? 

Activity: 196
I don't get it. Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

First we invent BTC to sac the bankers.

Then we establish Bitcoin bank to give birth to new breeds of bankers.

Confused... Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

The problem here is if Bitcoin fall into conventional banking, there is a big chance that it's coin value pegged down deep. I do not trust any more these conventional banking, I would like to see the Bitcoin in its own trading stand apart from other banking methods. Bitcoins stands first for security and transparency, I am afraid that will it keep that trust for long time.
Activity: 168
Fuck man, this is a bad news...bank for bitcoins, then it is a normal currency now.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
ECUREX Becomes First Digital Currency Exchange Platform To Comply With Swiss Banking Act

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ecurex-becomes-first-digital-currency-exchange-platform-comply-swiss-banking-act/

That's only the beginning. Now, we have to find out what this bank will actually propose to its customers. Will it give interests on BTC deposits as regular banks do with cash? Will you be able to get a loan to buy a house?
legendary
ECUREX Becomes First Digital Currency Exchange Platform To Comply With Swiss Banking Act

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ecurex-becomes-first-digital-currency-exchange-platform-comply-swiss-banking-act/
legendary
I do not think it could be BTC bank in Switzerland - to open bank in Switzerland you need a lot of own capital, and there are other rules too. It is not so easy and fast. Switzerland have own bank laws, in fact it is real bank country Grin 
indeed...  Grin

Activity: 658
I do not think it could be BTC bank in Switzerland - to open bank in Switzerland you need a lot of own capital, and there are other rules too. It is not so easy and fast. Switzerland have own bank laws, in fact it is real bank country Grin 
Q7
Activity: 448
I don't understand why we need banks in the first place. Managing your own wallet doesn't get harder than that and obviously I don't need a service of a third party and especially I'm not going to entrust anyone to manage private key in my behalf. Also it might confuse people to think that bitcoin functions the same way as fiat which it doesn't in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
To be your own bank.

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
A trusted bank could boost bitcoin adoption for those users who cannot download a bitcoin client and use it. There are a lot of them. Of course, if you are registered here and reading this then you are most likely capable of dealing with bitcoins to a certain extent, but that cannot be told of the general public. Sometimes I don't see why the average user would use bitcoin if they can use (and are used to) banks/cash etc. For some it is just too complicated. An easy application like this may be the solution, maybe not.

A bank is useful for saving/loan of the BTC. It could also be useful for the instant transaction of BTC (same as buying stuff in supermarket with a credit card)  which cannot be realized with 10 mins  or even shorter block time. As we save the BTC in the bank, the transaction will also not seen on the block chain, thus the bloating of block chain is less a problem.
Pages:
Jump to: