Pages:
Author

Topic: First Ever Bitcoin Bank to be Opened in Switzerland? - page 7. (Read 6933 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
Why would I even want to put bitcoins in a bank!?  Roll Eyes

To earn interest from the bank and also for security. The same thing on why people want to keep their money in bank, for security and also to get interest. People love to multiply their money by putting it on the bank, I dont see why this is not a good idea, it could be a good idea if the bank is transparent

Because the main idea of Bitcoin is decentralized digital currency, which mean Bitcoin is not controlled by any Bank. Just like in the "What is Bitcoin?" video Wink
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

To earn interest from the bank and also for security. The same thing on why people want to keep their money in bank, for security and also to get interest. People love to multiply their money by putting it on the bank, I dont see why this is not a good idea, it could be a good idea if the bank is transparent
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
It is actually bad for bitcoin as it takes away the decentralized part away from bitcoin. And it is hard to trust them as they might sell for fiat for their further investments.
yeah.. you're absolutely right.. indeed.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
It is actually bad for bitcoin as it takes away the decentralized part away from bitcoin. And it is hard to trust them as they might sell for fiat for their further investments.

This is what "bank" do to earn profit. They use our fundsthat we save to lend people with some huge interest or use the funds for trading to get more of it. Bank is designed to get money not to give free interest for everyone but I dont see why it taken the decentralized part away, so keeping bitcoin in one place is decentralized now?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
is this the First Ever Bitcoin Bank to be Opened in Switzerland?

source:
http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/05/28/first-ever-bitcoin-bank-to-be-opened-in-switzerland/
Pages:
Jump to: