Pages:
Author

Topic: FirstbitsRepo.com - Premium firstbits address such as 1sexy, 1stud, 1champ, etc - page 2. (Read 6957 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

Registered!

Btw like your site and what you are doing. It is great Smiley
Thank you!
Activity: 81

Registered!

Btw like your site and what you are doing. It is great Smiley
Activity: 75
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Activity: 60
Registered! Nice looking site  Cheesy
Activity: 26
Registered! Smiley

username: tjb0607
address: 1bitcoinYwHyZsYBYU1oZbqywfRW9A5qf
Activity: 41
Activity: 80
My name is Joe and I have used this service with great success.

Also lost my job so I just had to buy

1BRoKeDuckrAg2A61WU45exm6XVoQANgZd

totally a broke duck..... Thanks for the great service,

the Broke duck totally accepts free bitcoins as well.

Activity: 42
Registered, thanks! Looks cool.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
legendary
Merit: 1000
Win 1 BTC Promotion

I am holding a 1 BTC drawing!  Simply register an account at firstbitsrepo.com, fill in your bitcointalk.org username in the Account Information page at firstbitsrepo.com, and then post in this thread stating that you registered (no need to post any information about your account here).  The drawing will be in two weeks, on May 5th.  Good luck!

Registered Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Win 1 BTC Promotion

I am holding a 1 BTC drawing!  Simply register an account at firstbitsrepo.com, fill in your bitcointalk.org username in the Account Information page at firstbitsrepo.com, and then post in this thread stating that you registered (no need to post any information about your account here).  The drawing will be in two weeks, on May 5th.  Good luck!

Registered Smiley
legendary
Thats a nice looking website!
I don't quite get your business though, but I don't really know about creating vanity addresses either.

Say I want 1sex46gaoihga42r2, Now this obviously would be worth a lot! if bitcoin was globally accepted. What is stopping me from creating a very close variant of it? I could have 1sex26lignilnrt25 couldn't I?

Anyways I registered, Good luck people.
Hi ABitBack,

Thank you for the complements on the design.

Yes, you certainly could do that!  I wrote in the FAQ a little bit about why firstbits addresses are valuable and useful.  I'll pull two important pieces of that into this post:

If two addresses compete for the same firstbits, the address that appears in the blockchain first is the only address that can use the given firstbits.  The address appearing further on in the blockchain would have more characters added to the firstbits until it is uniquely defined apart from all addresses appearing before it in the blockchain.

What this means is, I might have the address associated with the firstbits 1sexy, but anyone who generates an address afterward that starts with 1sexy would have the firstbits 1sexyt, or 1sexyw, or 1sexyb, etc.  It wouldn't be valued as highly simply because it is longer, more complicated, and not a primary word by itself.  Certainly, there are still a number of good unclaimed firstbits, and if you want some of them, I'd be happy to help you acquire them with the split key program.

You can look up a firstbits by going to blockchain.info, and typing it into the search bar.  For instance, type 1sexy into the address bar.  You can also send directly to a firstbits address with blockchain.info as well!

Here's some additional reasons why I find firstbits addresses useful:

●  Consolidating wallets between different computers.  A quick firstbits lookup will show the full address to send Bitcoins to, rather than having to email a full Bitcoin address to myself or attempting to manually copy it down.
●  Relative needs to pay me back for dinner?  A friend bought a piece of computer hardware from me?  If they need to pay me, I simply tell them what firstbits address to send it to, rather than having to remember to carry a QR code with me or emailing them a full Bitcoin address.
●  Shortening the address for space-sensitive online postings, such as forum signatures, forum avatar text, email signatures, or tweets.
●  Tipping!  In the future, artists might sign their artwork with their firstbits addresses, in an effort to gain tips for as long as the image circulates.  Writing in a full Bitcoin address wouldn't be practical, and relying on a centralized address shortener wouldn't ensure longevity of their tips.
●  Memorizing the Bitcoin addresses of other people.  For example, I might know that my own firstbits address is 1justin, which can prove handy, but because they are so short, I might also remember a friend's firstbits address is 1jones, and a relative's firstbits address is 1jerry.  In this way, I can pay them for any reason at any time without having to ask them for an address first.
Activity: 524
Merit: 502
Thats a nice looking website!
I don't quite get your business though, but I don't really know about creating vanity addresses either.

Say I want 1sex46gaoihga42r2, Now this obviously would be worth a lot! if bitcoin was globally accepted. What is stopping me from creating a very close variant of it? I could have 1sex26lignilnrt25 couldn't I?

Anyways I registered, Good luck people.
Activity: 30
Win 1 BTC Promotion

I am holding a 1 BTC drawing!  Simply register an account at firstbitsrepo.com, fill in your bitcointalk.org username in the Account Information page at firstbitsrepo.com, and then post in this thread stating that you registered (no need to post any information about your account here).  The drawing will be in two weeks, on May 5th.  Good luck!

Thanks, I just finished registering for this.
legendary
Very cool idea (esp. the custom service) and great promotion.  I don't know if you are interested, but since you likely have hardware setup just for this purpose, you might want to try some of the bounties (although I think the math is off in some cases) - https://vanitypool.appspot.com/availableWork - although honestly I think most of those would likely take some time (lol I tried "1Casascius" across 4x Quad-Core Xeon 3.5 GHz processors at work... the best it could tell me is that there was a 50% chance that I would find a working key within a year... I think I let it run for 4 hours before I shut it off... who knows, I could have found a key if I had let it run for 4 hours and 1 minute =p).

Oh also registered =).
Thanks!

I've looked through those bounties before, and never really found any that were a better value than just mining by itself.

Certainly, a 9-character address would take quite a long time even with the hardware I do have!
DBG
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
Digital Illustrator + Software/Hardware Developer
Very cool idea (esp. the custom service) and great promotion.  I don't know if you are interested, but since you likely have hardware setup just for this purpose, you might want to try some of the bounties (although I think the math is off in some cases) - https://vanitypool.appspot.com/availableWork - although honestly I think most of those would likely take some time (lol I tried "1Casascius" across 4x Quad-Core Xeon 3.5 GHz processors at work... the best it could tell me is that there was a 50% chance that I would find a working key within a year... I think I let it run for 4 hours before I shut it off... who knows, I could have found a key if I had let it run for 4 hours and 1 minute =p).

Oh also registered =).
Activity: 9
Registered!  Thanks for holding this!

Guardian
Pages:
Jump to: