Author

Topic: Flat Earth - page 386. (Read 1095196 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
October 08, 2017, 01:15:31 PM
...[belch]... Aristotle provided evidence for the spherical shape of the Earth on empirical grounds by around 330 BC. ...[hic]...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/Orlando-Ferguson-flat-earth-map_edit.jpg/1280px-Orlando-Ferguson-flat-earth-map_edit.jpg

Flat Earth map drawn by Orlando Ferguson in 1893. The map contains several references to biblical passages as well as various jabs at the "Globe Theory".

#1 - That's a fucking bowl, it's not flat; the Bible says God stretched a flat and level line across the Earth during its construction. -- Job 38:5

#2 - The Sun's rays don't hit the Earth in parallel, that's a theory breaking assumption that has to be made if one accepts Aristotle's evidence. Correction that was Eratosthenes not Aristotle.

#2 - Aristotle used the curved mirror surface of the dome and projected his observation of the stars onto the Earth, this is the same bullshit trick used today with Earth geoid mapping.
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
October 08, 2017, 01:01:18 PM
...[belch]... Aristotle provided evidence for the spherical shape of the Earth on empirical grounds by around 330 BC. ...[hic]...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/Orlando-Ferguson-flat-earth-map_edit.jpg/1280px-Orlando-Ferguson-flat-earth-map_edit.jpg

Flat Earth map drawn by Orlando Ferguson in 1893. The map contains several references to biblical passages as well as various jabs at the "Globe Theory".

#1 - That's a fucking bowl, it's not flat; the Bible says God stretched a flat and level line across the Earth during its construction. -- Job 38:5

#2 - The Sun's rays don't hit the Earth in parallel, that's a theory breaking assumption that has to be made if one accepts Aristotle's evidence.  

You're a bowl.
Activity: 84
Merit: 12
Block Hunting
October 08, 2017, 11:41:44 AM
The Flat Earth model is an archaic conception of Earth's shape as a plane or disk.

Many ancient cultures subscribed to a flat Earth cosmography, including Greece until the classical period,

The Bronze Age and Iron Age civilizations of the Near East until the Hellenistic period, India until the Gupta period (early centuries AD), and China until the 17th century. That paradigm was also typically held in the aboriginal cultures of the Americas, and the notion of a flat Earth domed by the firmament in the shape of an inverted bowl was common in pre-scientific societies.

The idea of a spherical Earth appeared in Greek philosophy with Pythagoras (6th century BC), although most pre-Socratics (6th – 5th century BC) retained the flat Earth model. Aristotle provided evidence for the spherical shape of the Earth on empirical grounds by around 330 BC. Knowledge of the spherical Earth gradually began to spread beyond the Hellenistic world from then on.

in the 6th-century BC and Parmenides in the 5th-century stated that the Earth is spherical, the spherical view spread rapidly in the Greek world. Around 330 BC, Aristotle maintained on the basis of physical theory and observational evidence that the Earth was spherical, and reported on an estimate on the circumference. The Earth's circumference was first determined around 240 BC by Eratosthenes.

By the second century AD, Ptolemy had derived his maps from a globe and developed the system of latitude, longitude, and climes. His Almagest was written in Greek and only translated into Latin in the 11th century from Arabic translations.
The Terrestrial Sphere of Crates of Mallus (c. 150 BC)

In the 2nd century BC, Crates of Mallus devised a terrestrial sphere that divided the Earth into four continents, separated by great rivers or oceans, with people presumed living in each of the four regions. Opposite the oikumene, the inhabited world, were the antipodes, considered unreachable both because of an intervening torrid zone

Activity: 337
Merit: 258
October 08, 2017, 08:52:24 AM
Governments and hardcore Globe tards are mostly gay.

Well, they can't all be happy all of the time.  Tongue
Activity: 644
Merit: 274
October 08, 2017, 08:26:52 AM
are you back nomad? Smiley We've missed you.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
October 08, 2017, 07:49:00 AM
..maybe it's flat and hollow. But the view from space sure looks circular.
"Oblate Spheroid" as scientist would debate Grin
Activity: 421
Merit: 250
October 08, 2017, 07:31:32 AM
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
October 07, 2017, 07:16:48 PM
everybody lie the governement is hidding something  Grin Grin Grin but there is bitcoin for save us  Roll Eyes
Activity: 978
Merit: 506
October 07, 2017, 06:41:46 PM

Flat earth truth movement is getting bigger and bigger every day. Don't stay blind and indoctrinated spinning ball earth fantasy believer.

Don't stay behind, research&study flat earth.

legendary
October 07, 2017, 02:09:01 PM

The blue pill.
legendary
October 07, 2017, 01:54:51 PM

Density and buoyancy.
legendary
October 07, 2017, 12:25:39 PM
this theory seems to me very ridiculous because if the earth is flat then other parts of the earth will not experience day or night, in the religious book I explain that the earth is bullet a bit oval so back again this theory is so ridiculous

Thanks for explaining how light and perspective works over long distances on a flat plane. Where would we be without scientific minds like yourself?
Activity: 395
Merit: 129
October 07, 2017, 11:04:37 AM
You take a backpack and start walking in one direction, taking care of never changing direction. If you find water, just swim, still always in teh same direction. If at some point you end up in the same exactly place you started from, the earth is not flat.
Activity: 145
Merit: 10
October 07, 2017, 09:46:05 AM
this theory seems to me very ridiculous because if the earth is flat then other parts of the earth will not experience day or night, in the religious book I explain that the earth is bullet a bit oval so back again this theory is so ridiculous
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 06, 2017, 10:50:35 PM
How as an individual can I know if the Earth is a sphere or a flat disc? What experiment can I do that doesn't involve trusting information from a 3rd party that would prove what the geometry really is?

Attach your GPS enabled phone to a helium balloon and let it record the curvature of the earth.

Cool
legendary
October 06, 2017, 10:45:30 PM

"Nearly 60 years ago, the US Navy launched Vanguard-1 as a response to the Soviet Sputnik. Six decades on, it’s still circling our planet."

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20171005-the-worlds-oldest-scientific-satellite-is-still-in-orbit

It's hanging from a balloon if it's really up there at all.

https://youtu.be/sY8MeZ6lpwI <--- "project echo" "space balloon" "a thousand miles high" "the worlds first telecommunications satellite"

For more information on project echo get it straight from the horses mouth. -- https://history.nasa.gov/SP-4217/ch4.htm

... First, if such a satellite 100 feet (about thirty-one meters) in diameter were placed in an orbit 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) above the surface of the Earth, it would afford the best possibility for successfully relaying messages. A sphere of that size would not require a special alignment in orbit to reflect signals. Second, its characteristics would allow the satellite to relay the widest range of signal frequencies from one point on the Earth to another. Pierce concluded his speech by suggesting aluminum foil as a possible material for the construction of the satellite, as long as "one could inflate [the sphere] gently."

Activity: 84
Merit: 12
Block Hunting
October 06, 2017, 10:37:32 PM
I am not saying that this can not be true, but I wan to say... Try to imagine the world like coin and you will see that this will be possible.

Yea that would be weird if the earth were a coin shape. wonder whats going down on the other side! Smiley
legendary
October 06, 2017, 10:36:10 PM
How as an individual can I know if the Earth is a sphere or a flat disc? What experiment can I do that doesn't involve trusting information from a 3rd party that would prove what the geometry really is?

https://i.imgur.com/O8IpMmi.jpg

I have actually read an article that the earth is not really flat. And it is scientifically proven. Don't you see NASA's program where they capture pictures of EARTH from space? It's really a sphere but not a perfect one. It looks like a deformed sphere at all.

Yes I see the liars and hoaxers at NASA and they're full of shitty CGI images. BTW do you have a reading comprehension problem?
Activity: 451
Merit: 269
October 06, 2017, 10:33:06 PM

"Nearly 60 years ago, the US Navy launched Vanguard-1 as a response to the Soviet Sputnik. Six decades on, it’s still circling our planet."

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20171005-the-worlds-oldest-scientific-satellite-is-still-in-orbit
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 06, 2017, 09:43:34 PM
At my opinion it's unreal to chek it without using information.it's easy,but if you can take a map. This is only possible if the world is flat then you can see the everything of the world. Smiley
Jump to: