Pages:
Author

Topic: FonzieCoin [FONZ] (was XFC) Now Pure PoS; Fair Launch; No ICO, No Insta/Premine - page 17. (Read 36015 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

My pool operator is MIA.

Blame them. It's a flake fest.

dangit.. well.. ill just check it out in the morning for me then. hopefully the diff wont be too crazy high at that point.

good luck getting everything working. Its a pia when things out of your control happens.

Activity: 201

My pool operator is MIA.

Blame them. It's a flake fest.
Any solo miners out there? We should launch this. If the pool operators are worth a shit, they'll fix stratum.

Here's what's going to happen.

I'm going to make a special fix to get this wallet to cooperate with stratum and give it to the pool operator I'm working with. That will be the pool.

It will be fair because only 1 person (down from 3) will care about this coin, so it will be fair for that person.

They can mine at the pool. After I've had a good night's rest, I'll upload the fix to github and other operators can get in on the action.

If you want to go to sleep and mine later, have at it. If you want to stay up, that's good too.

If you want to just bitch, that's fantastic because this thread is not moderated.

I'll post updates here as I get close.
LOL your kidding right? Your defensive and there is 3 people reading this OP

Have you seen the amount of bitching that just 3 people can do?

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I never had a chance to test stratum. OCminer never got back to me. I don't know why.

I just tested with a pool Op who came available 40 minutes ago and it looks like the non-standard stuff I put into the block structure doesn't agree with the standard blocks submitted by stratum. The pool Op I was working with tonight gave me my first helpful error messages to debug the problem.

I know there will be bitching, but bitch at each other for absolutely no real help coming in. I'm not concerned about your problems. I'm here to make a fair coin.

I'll announce another launch time when I get this sorted out.

P.S.: if you want an easy coin to mine, find a straight clone.

*you're
I never had a chance to test stratum. OCminer never got back to me. I don't know why.

I just tested with a pool Op who came available 40 minutes ago and it looks like the non-standard stuff I put into the block structure doesn't agree with the standard blocks submitted by stratum. The pool Op I was working with tonight gave me my first helpful error messages to debug the problem.

I know there will be bitching, but bitch at each other for absolutely no real help coming in. I'm not concerned about your problems. I'm here to make a fair coin.

LOL your kidding right?

No.
Activity: 582
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
15 minutes and I see NO link to a pool.
Activity: 224
its 11:30 March 17th here.. isn't that past UTC 6am? Im UTC-7

Just over 20 minutes.
its 11:30 March 17th here.. isn't that past UTC 6am? Im UTC-7
Activity: 224
I'm pushing it back 30 minutes. The makefile problem is resolved.

New launch time 6:00 AM UTC March 18.

I just forked the parent coin to start the repo. That's not the real sources.

eta?

I just forked the parent coin to start the repo. That's not the real sources.
Is supernova.cc going to host fonziecoin?

No, but I just got a pool for it for launch.

Don't worry, no one on the team or operating the pool will hash until we see others hashing first.

I never heard from OCminer.
Is supernova.cc going to host fonziecoin?
I'm pushing it back 30 minutes. The makefile problem is resolved.

New launch time 6:00 AM UTC March 18.
I haven't heard from OC miner. Launch is set for 5:30 AM UTC March 18. The parent coin had a full SHA256 run which finished just a few weeks ago without any problems. Many pools mined it. I also fixed a bug with solo RPC mining discovered by TimW (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10709735). This bug goes back to novacoin and only manifests under rare conditions. I've tested both solo RPC mining and staking on the testnet. I'm moving launch back earlier in the evening for those in the U.S., and at a time that should be somewhat convenient to nearly everyone on the planet. If I don't hear from OCminer, I'll point my rented hashes at the first good pool that pops up. If he can test before launch, then I'll try to test.

Fair blocks are still in effect. Nothing has changed except the code base of the parent coin and some small surprise enhancements I threw in.

Code:
Reykjavik (Iceland)               Wednesday, March 19, 2015 at  5:30:00 AM  GMT   UTC
Tokyo (Japan)                     Wednesday, March 19, 2015 at  2:30:00 PM  JST   UTC+9 hours
Bangkok (Thailand)                Wednesday, March 19, 2015 at 12:30:00 PM  ICT   UTC+7 hours
Mumbai (India - Maharashtra)      Wednesday, March 19, 2015 at 11:00:00 AM  IST   UTC+5:30 hours
Moscow (Russia)                   Wednesday, March 19, 2015 at  8:30:00 AM  MSK   UTC+3 hours
Prague (Czech Republic)           Wednesday, March 19, 2015 at  6:30:00 AM  CET   UTC+1 hour
New York (U.S.A. - New York)      Wednesday, March 19, 2015 at  1:30:00 AM  EDT   UTC-4 hours
Dallas (U.S.A. - Texas)           Wednesday, March 19, 2015 at 12:30:00 AM  CDT   UTC-5 hours
Denver (U.S.A. - Colorado)          Tuesday, March 18, 2015 at 11:30:00 PM  MDT   UTC-6 hours
Phoenix (U.S.A. - Arizona)          Tuesday, March 18, 2015 at 10:30:00 PM  MST   UTC-7 hours
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California)   Tuesday, March 18, 2015 at 10:30:00 PM  PDT   UTC-7 hours
Anchorage (U.S.A. - Alaska)         Tuesday, March 18, 2015 at  9:30:00 PM  AKDT  UTC-8 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT)           Wednesday, March 19, 2015 at 05:30:00 AM  GMT   UTC

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

OCminer is MIA tonight.  Huh

If I don't hear from him tonight, then launch will have to get pushed back another day.
Sounds good.. i think everyone wants a solid, tested coin on release.

Lookin forward to it.

I went a little crazy on this mining bug that TimC found. It actually goes back to novacoin, but would never surface there because the network is PoS now. It could only happen to a nova descendant before the PoS period starts. It usually doesn't happen to coins on launch because the hashes are too great.

It happens when everyone on the network is mining PoW with RPC mining and no one finds a block for 10 minutes. The only way to restart the chain is for someone to restart the wallet they are mining into. I don't know how stratum works, but I don't think it would apply because the bug is in the RPC mining code.

Either way, I fixed it, although it probably won't be necessary. I'm ready to test stratum now, so I'm about to PM OCminer.
Pages:
Jump to: