Pages:
Author

Topic: [For Developers] n0nce's Bitcoin Testnet Faucet [~10 tBTC] - page 7. (Read 2278 times)

Activity: 828
Merit: 657
I believe I'll stop at about 10 tBTC

Excellent, yes, 10 tbtc is enough for tests, actually the amount that you give is more than most of the faucets out there offer, some automated faucets only offer some 8000 or 10000 tsats.

You should consider five less amounts unless bigger amounts are necessary

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
I believe I'll stop at about 10 tBTC; that should last me / us for a while, especially if people return the coins after usage.
Because of the cost of electricity, I'd rather point my R909 at Kano's mainnet pool, but maybe I can figure out a long-term solution for Compac F's and let one continue mining testnet as it pulls very little power.

I just personally prefer the peace of mind that the R909 gives me with its integrated cooling design, whereas I fear I could come home to a molten-down Compac F. There is just not a good place to install fans for cooling mining sticks. Something DIY or 3D-printed may help, but for a single or 2 sticks, that's a lot of time & money again.
Amount: <0.1 TBTC>
Address:
Project: https://github.com/MrMaxweII/Bitcoin-Address-Generator >

Sent, good luck with your project! Just send it back to the same address when you're done.

Nice to see this kind of topics, n0nce you should add an address to get some return after the users finished their test. I know that you don't need them back but it should be fine to keep those coins circulating
Thanks for reminding me; I knew I'd forgotten something! Added to starter post right now.. Smiley
Activity: 828
Merit: 657
Nice to see this kind of topics, n0nce you should add an address to get some return after the users finished their test. I know that you don't need them back but it should be fine to keep those coins circulating
Activity: 378
Merit: 93
Enable v2transport=1 and mempoolfullrbf=1
Activity: 239
Merit: 59
a young loner on a crusade
edit:  Wow, that was fast, did you set up a bot for this?
That was me. Yes I did.

--Knight Hider
Activity: 378
Merit: 93
Enable v2transport=1 and mempoolfullrbf=1
Amount: 0.02 tBTC
Address: tb1qajucpss6g5t3qywnrcegw9s2y6awgyjmjak95j
Project: Wasabi, a coinjoin enabled wallet - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wasabi-wallet-open-source-noncustodial-coinjoin-software-5476197

edit:  Wow, that was fast, did you set up a bot for this?
Updates

Code:
21.09.2023: Added 0.5 tBTC from solo mining
22.09.2023: Added 0.5 tBTC from solo mining
24.09.2023: Added 1.0 tBTC from solo mining
25.09.2023: Added 0.5 tBTC from solo mining
26.09.2023: Added 1.0 tBTC from solo mining
29.09.2023: Added 2.0 tBTC from solo mining
29.09.2023: Added 0.25 tBTC from solo mining. Got 10tBTC; pausing testnet mining for now.
I mined multiple whole Bitcoins using nullama's guide by now, and am about to start the rig back up, after some infrastructure changes.

Therefore, anyone who needs a certain (potentially large) amount of Testnet BTC, do feel free to post a request in here and I will lend them out as long as I feel your explanation / reason for needing that amount makes sense.

This is intended for development / testing use. In my personal experience, it can make sense to test the Bitcoin software you are developing one last time in a 'almost mainnet' configuration, e.g. being able to interact with it from a popular wallet, hardware wallet, and so on, which don't have a signet option, for instance.

I strongly agree with the popular opinion that you should be able to test everything with even very small amounts, but I'm deliberately choosing not to set a hard cap, and will decide on a case-by-case basis.

Address (also for returns): tb1qm068f6x09x2tyswpatvmen25kz2g6f7zexc9gv

Current balance: 8.98512319 tBTC

I think it goes without saying that the funds are meant to be returned after use, as is usual in every other faucet.. Smiley

If you're a Newbie user or I otherwise suspect of not getting the coins (minus fees / whatever got lost in experimentation, say up to 10% loss) back, I may ask for a collateral in BTC or deny access to my faucet.

Please post your request as follows:
Code:
Amount:
Address:
Project:
Pages:
Jump to: