Pages:
Author

Topic: For the love of... don't keep your coins on exchanges - page 2. (Read 549 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 0
I take the coins after the sale. But I have a small amount on the account on the stock exchange. I think it's reasonable.
Activity: 900
Merit: 503
Again we saw an exchange got hacked. There would be nothing to hack there if people didn't keep their coins on exchanges! For the love of Dog (lol), don't keep your coins on exchanges, start practicing safety, this is your investment we are talking about!
Following your logic, there would be no robberies at all, if people at all didn't possess any valuable things  Cheesy
Maybe it's rather the problem of the exchange that did not take enough precautions to protect the people's savings?
I also assume that hack attacks could be successful because of leak of data from the owners of the exchange..
Activity: 254
Merit: 18
It is funny in a way to see how people have been given the chance of not having centralisation but they are so scared that can't leave it just yet.
Activity: 419
Merit: 100
For me that is somehow true because the in order to have a huge income you should wait for a longer period of time and wait the perfect time to sell it in order to obtain a huge income here in crypto.
If you are there in the world of the crypto currencies and that you are planning for long term investment of money, then it is better to keep your coins in your own wallet instead of keeping them on any of the exchange. There are so many hackers and scammers around which are constantly looking for the ways to grab your money and you need to stay away from such kind of people to stay safe.
Activity: 40
You are right, keeping coins in exchanges is not a good way of storing coins. You do not own the private keys of the exchange wallets and does not have much control over it.
indeed it is, it would be better if we menyimpat our digital assets (coin) in a private wallet, not on the exchange, because it is very risky if the exchange has been hacked
Activity: 57
I whole-heartedly agree with you but I would say it's easier said than done especially when you HODL like 30+ coins/tokens. It's a big PITA to download a wallet for each one of these coins, and even if you have a LEDGER or one of these 'universal' wallets, chances are you're still going to have to download individual wallets, especially for some of these smaller cap projects that will likely never get support on these universal wallets. I would definitely recommend removing coins off of lesser-known exchanges because then you're asking to lose your coins (happened to me with Raiblocks/Nano, got screwed big time by Bitgrail) but when it comes to the bigger ones like Bittrex and Binance I honesty think most people have nothing to worry about. Lastly, I'd say with BTC, LTC or ETH, or anything you're heavily vested into for that matter, yes that's a no brainer to move them off exchanges, but any other relatively small investments on more popular exchanges you can probably get away with just keeping them there until you're ready to sell.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
Cryptographic market has many risks: fraudulent projects, hackers ... The best way is to protect yourself. Money on the exchange is also vulnerable to hackers. When I joined the deal, I was nervous until my money was transferred to my wallet.
Activity: 39
I concur with you. Keep cryptographic money for long haul stockpiling on the stock trade. In any case, this choice isn't reasonable for digital money brokers, since they need the cryptographic money dependably on the trade. Hence, cryptographic money brokers need to in part pull back their assets from the trade.
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
I think it is better or used your investments as securities for your great future your excellence is the key to obtained a huge money
that you can used in your own future and for the community.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
You are right, keeping coins in exchanges is not a good way of storing coins. You do not own the private keys of the exchange wallets and does not have much control over it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 112
For me that is somehow true because the in order to have a huge income you should wait for a longer period of time and wait the perfect time to sell it in order to obtain a huge income here in crypto.
Activity: 98
Again we saw an exchange got hacked. There would be nothing to hack there if people didn't keep their coins on exchanges! For the love of Dog (lol), don't keep your coins on exchanges, start practicing safety, this is your investment we are talking about!
Yes, I agree with you. It is always better to store your coins on wallet from which you have a private key. On the exchange, I keep my coins with which I want to trade or shortly sell. Otherwise it is very unsafe to store all your money on stock exchanges.
Activity: 728
Merit: 131

If you will not let your token or coins rest at any exchanger.
how can you set a buy or sell wall then?
hackers do hack exchanges but not our wallet on the exchange.
Activity: 40
yes sure, very risky if someone keep their asset on exchange, the most appropriate thing is to save all personal trumpet assets, many bad experiences from some people who keep their assets in exchange, so start now be careful. consider your assets well.
Activity: 349
Merit: 10

After the recent security clutter, it's hard to imagine that cryptocurrency became the technology of the future. Perhaps the safest way is to store in the hardware wallet.

Activity: 686
Merit: 10
sure. always its safe to use a wallet which you control private keys of crypto assets. so you can keep the private keys safe and you will be happy. always exchanges are risky. just use exchanges to do day trading
Activity: 378
Merit: 19
Why we should keep security tokens on exchanges if they can allows us to earn shares from company profit in future?!
I invested in Organicco project and will keep ORC tokens in my balance on website to earn more and more easiPayer coin in future.
You can do it now, this is their ANN thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annicoairdrop-organicco-green-tech-proven-technology-3379079
Activity: 42
Sometimes you can not immediately sell your coins or tokens on the stock exchange and you have to take risks, although I think that all traders should know that leaving the currency on the exchanges is quite dangerous. It often happens that sellers put their coins or tokens at a fixed price for sale and if the buyer is located, the transaction occurs without the participation of the seller. This is quite convenient, so people will continue to risk, because wallets in the market are not very often and everyone hopes that it will bypass them.
Activity: 96
People keep their crypto currency on the exchange, as they trade it on a daily basis. This is the main reason why people do not transfer money to cold crypto currency wallets.
Activity: 17
I see most of the trading floors are quite safe. Some of the hats are going on, but it's not as much as hacking in the free wallets that the publishers offer
Pages:
Jump to: