Pages:
Author

Topic: For the love of... don't keep your coins on exchanges - page 4. (Read 549 times)

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
yeah you're probably right but most investors who keep their coins on exchanges they using a big Volume of coins of course to make a big profit and that's the hardest thing to do because they are keeping there a big amount of money.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 109
I support your statement, do not store your coins in exchange, place all assets owned in the wallet safe and only you have access. Who wants all his assets taken by irresponsible people and lost everything
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
Again we saw an exchange got hacked. There would be nothing to hack there if people didn't keep their coins on exchanges! For the love of Dog (lol), don't keep your coins on exchanges, start practicing safety, this is your investment we are talking about!
This is the risk mate, how can you trade if you don't have the coin on the exchanges. Its true that's exchanges nowadays are not safe because of the current hacking issues, But I think if its a big exchange I still your funds are still safe with them. Don't just put everything in the exchanges learn to secure some profit and again trust on the exchanges you are using, they will get even better soon.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Good day. Been using Etherdelta by the time it was hacked luckily there's a withdrawal option to withdraw funds even if you're can't open the site. I was able to secure some of my precious altcoins. I don't leave my coins there again. Been using Idex now due to coins gets listed there fast just after ICO. But since the news of another hacking, I decided to withdraw my coins there too. Better keep in my wallet for the meantime since trading is a little bit slow due to the downtrend of ETH and BTC. It would be painful to lose hard earned coins.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Again we saw an exchange got hacked. There would be nothing to hack there if people didn't keep their coins on exchanges! For the love of Dog (lol), don't keep your coins on exchanges, start practicing safety, this is your investment we are talking about!

Very amazing advice you have here, keeping your coins in an exchange is not very safe practise because many exchanges are potential targets of hackers. I think it's very necessary to keep your coins in a private and well protected wallets.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
I think it's OK to put our coins in exchange, as long as we could keep an eye on it every time.
But if we can't then it better to safe our coins in our personal wallet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
in my opinion, if it is better to keep the cryptocurrency assets in the official wallet or cool wallet. But there are situations where some platforms are not very convenient and secure, so people are forced to keep some of their assets on the exchange and If you do not trade then there is no reason why you should leave your coins hanging on the stock knowing fully well that the exchange is the target main hacker.

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
This is our fund and this is our choice but remember they can't do anything if they are not sending their coin to the exchange site. But to secure our amounts after used it to trade and it may better to send back them all fo the our private wallet again. I guess this should become an obligation for everyone
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
For the love of your hard earned money you should not keep it in exchanges in the reason that they cant guarantee security of your account you entrust to them.
Activity: 406
Merit: 109

If you are heavily invested in crypto, its always better to invest in a hardware wallet and use it for storing your coins. I personally prefer Ledger, however, Trezor works great too. Choice is yours, invest wisely, keep your coins, private keys safe. Never trust an exchange just because its big. Hacks happen on big exchanges.
Activity: 73
The amount or stories of hacks and thefts of funds is staggering in the space. I'd say ALWAYS get a hardware wallet, its the inky way to have complete peace of mind!
Merit: 101
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
I followed some of this thread and it really matters for us people in crypto space we need to avoid storing our crypto coins on exchanges better get a hardware wallet that will keep your coins safe.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net

I think your suggestion is quite right, not keeping your coins in an exchange is a very good idea because hackers get interested when they know that there is many so much money in store in an exchange. So we should try not to keep our coins in exchange instead we should keep them in safe wallets.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16

I am thankful that there are post like this to raise awareness to new traders just like me. I know that there will be more transaction fees if we are going to transfer back the money to our wallets then transfer it again to exchange if we are going to trade again, better to have additional transaction fee than lose all your coins/invest in an exchange because of this shit security. We can never know if this is an inside job or what but I think this is the only best way we can do to keep our tokens safe.
Activity: 688
Merit: 101

How to, not to keep your coins in exchange if you are selling or buying coins on it. Ofcourse for you to get good profits you need to stay your coins on the exchange and do day trading, we cannot predict when the hacker came to hack the exchange, meaning the exchange didnt have a good security because they got hack. And traders suffer that fault from exchange.
Merit: 102
Id have to agree with this. It is not safe to keep coins in exchanges. A lot of hacking has happened i hope this will open the eyes of everyone. Keep your coins in hardware wallets or cold storage to keep it safe. I don't think the hacking will stop. They will keep trying until they get all.
Activity: 89

I think it comes down to a combination of laziness and people trusting the exchange too much, maybe wowed by its slick interface.

Sometimes it takes a lot of time to get all your coins out and into seperate wallets, so it's just easier to leave them in there, thinking it will not happen to that exchange.

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
i never put my coins in exchanged sites but sometimes i leave some of my coins but not much only the amount i can afford to lose. there are many exchange got hack this will be a lesson to them to never put coins in exchange site. if possible make multiple wallets to separate your coin in case it get hot the others are safe.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 260
Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

That's right don't keep yoir bitcoins in an exchange. Hackers found a way into attacking your money in an exchange. You should be more careful and wise to not let your money stay in the exchanges.
copper member
Activity: 168
I think that all traders should know that leaving the currency on the exchanges is quite dangerous. Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: