Pages:
Author

Topic: For the love of... don't keep your coins on exchanges - page 6. (Read 549 times)

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269
Again we saw an exchange got hacked. There would be nothing to hack there if people didn't keep their coins on exchanges! For the love of Dog (lol), don't keep your coins on exchanges, start practicing safety, this is your investment we are talking about!

That's true only exchange, when you are trading your coin and after you bought some coin, withdraw it asap in your wallet or if you are going to trade and wants an early bird don't pour all your coins, better be safe than sorry, so many hacking has already happened and this will not be the last, hackers are getting better nowadays
Activity: 86
Merit: 2
This is something that shocks me every time I see people losing large amounts on an exchange, every single coin I've bought spends as little time as possible in an exchange. Until they are safe and secure away from the exchanges I can't rest.

It's a real shame we have to be so safety conscious but in the crypto world you need to be mega careful with your coins and ensure they are secure at all times.
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
Every exchange, though it is one of the biggest or trusted exchange are hacked, it become very ordinal thing in the eyes of investors. The decentralized exchange volume will probably make 1000x next years. Hodling oax is so good decision for me  Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Some prefer to keep altcoins on exchanges. This is very convenient, as modern trading platforms support dozens and even hundreds of different altcoins. However, this approach has many drawbacks, because the user has to trust the funds to a third party.
Most crypto exchanges are not insured against hacking. All this jeopardizes the safety of funds, and sometimes you can temporarily lose access to funds because of technical works or interruptions in the work of the service. Therefore, users who do not sell large volumes on exchanges should consider other options for long-term storage.
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
AMEPAY
If im not mistaken i think you are referring to coinrail exchange, i think the damage was not huge in that hack, the hacker was only able to takeaway some amounts of a couple of tokens and that too the exchange officials are investigating and soon they will catch the hacker and recover the tokens hopefully, secondly i do agree that we should not store our coins on exchanges, personal wallet with private key is the way to store.
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
I could not agree more. People need to stop taking chances for convenience sake. Maybe it's convenient to leave them on the exchange but it's totally not convenient to lose thousands of dollars.
Activity: 83
Merit: 1
It really depends on what you plan to do with your coins, and how you will trade with them.
If your idea is just to hold, well, of course it's better to withdraw from exchanges and store them in a wallet.

But if your idea is to trade and try to get benefice from a pump or from a sudden raise, there's no alternative way but to keep them on the exchange, to be ready to sell them.

Most of the time, I have open orders for my coins that I keep on the exchanges.
Activity: 462
Merit: 114
“The Future of Security Tokens”
Wallets are hacked more often than exchanges. Crypto market in general is an unsafe market, here at every step there is danger: it is dangerous to invest, the project can be fraudulent; it is dangerous to buy a crypt - it can fall in price, hold in a wallet is dangerous, it is dangerous on the exchange. To withdraw is dangerous. How terrible to live!
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
Yes, it is one of the main rules in crypto. Exchange does not mean wallet. Better pay fee, then lose everything because of hack, scam or another issue.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 506
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
People never learn of keeping off their funds on exchanges. They are thinking that the security of that exchange shall be enough to protect their funds.
But once these hackers started to go through the backdoor, all of these funds where off and gone through their pocket.
It's not bad to put a small amount to an exchange so you won't be itching the small transfer fees but make sure that it is acceptable if its lost.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
Again we saw an exchange got hacked. There would be nothing to hack there if people didn't keep their coins on exchanges! For the love of Dog (lol), don't keep your coins on exchanges, start practicing safety, this is your investment we are talking about!
Sometimes you can not immediately sell your coins or tokens on the stock exchange and you have to take risks, although I think that all traders should know that leaving the currency on the exchanges is quite dangerous. It often happens that sellers put their coins or tokens at a fixed price for sale and if the buyer is located, the transaction occurs without the participation of the seller. This is quite convenient, so people will continue to risk, because wallets in the market are not very often and everyone hopes that it will bypass them.
Activity: 845
Merit: 56
Pages:
Jump to: