Pages:
Author

Topic: Forgotten myetherwallet password - page 2. (Read 528 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 0
August 04, 2018, 10:08:31 PM
I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?
Hope you mates can help me clear this out.

Maybe you are confused what is the use of that password when you created your myetherwallet address. That password is useful when you will open your address via JSON file. It is more safe to open an address via JSON and your password than opening an address through private keys. Either of the two can still open you etherwallet address when you want to transfer your tokens to an exchange.
Activity: 118
Merit: 1
August 04, 2018, 10:03:13 PM
I make hundreds of transactions per month with MEW and you do not need the JSON or password file.  Only the Private key is necessary to access your funds.  Keep this private, safe and backed up.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
August 04, 2018, 10:02:54 PM
I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
Private keys is enough to open your myetherwallet address if that is the one to intend to open.

My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?
[/quote]
No, you don't need your password anymore when you want to trade your tokens into fiat as long as you have your private key in Myetherwallet. If you are talking about exchange then yes, you really need your password on that particular exchange, you should not lose it.
Activity: 82
August 04, 2018, 09:58:58 PM
It is like our pin code for our bank's ATM that we need to remember.  In our wallet case, since it is too long to memorize, we must have a soft copy of the password that only you has the access on it, you could also print it and have it kept safe for emergency use.  Our income depends on our wallet as well.
Activity: 866
August 04, 2018, 09:52:29 PM
if there is a private key it doesn't matter to access the wallet, because with us having a private key we can with whatever you want to change the password that we have and I don't think you need to worry about that
Activity: 56
August 04, 2018, 09:47:30 PM
Don’t worry, though MEW password is important but not more than your private key. You can do all your transaction using your private key. But if you are opening an encrypted wallet, you cannot access your wallet without it.
Activity: 84
August 04, 2018, 07:41:52 PM
To make transfers you'll need private key and the address, there is no need for password there. However, if you are trying to access your wallet using a JSON file then you'll definitely need the password. I hope contacting the support will help you with recovering your password though there's a very low possibility of it to happen.
Activity: 196
August 04, 2018, 07:33:09 PM
Passwords in MEW are one of the ways to access your wallet other than its private keys but remembering both is ideal but and recommended as losing your private key would means losing your wallet forever. Other than that getting other means of security in your wallet is essential. For instance using metamask to access your MEW to avoid being hacked in exchanges such as etherdelta or using hardware wallets such as ledger is a must.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
August 04, 2018, 06:19:00 PM
Forget password with MEW wallet is not too important because the principle when dealing only need to own address and the private key is able to access e-wallet anywhere in the world. So forgetting the MEW password will not matter, just having a private key is enough.
Activity: 236
August 04, 2018, 06:14:45 PM
The password isn't more important than the private key is the main security for your wallet. Make sure you always keep it in a safe place and not share with anyone. But you may not be able to access your wallet without the password.
Activity: 224
August 04, 2018, 02:28:42 PM
Do not transfer the private key to anyone. And to exchange it is necessary to go into the purse and transfer coins to the exchange. If you lose the key to your wallet, you will never open it
Activity: 279
August 04, 2018, 01:31:17 PM
if you lose your password or private key, it's useless to save the ethereum address, because the type you want to transact is the private key or password, and you must be careful not to let anyone know or you give your private key to someone other,
Activity: 5
August 04, 2018, 01:10:14 PM
You can opt out to open your wallet via private keys, but be it noted it is not recommended. Specially when you access a phishing website then you are doomed. It is risky to have it that way. Better yet change it to a hardware wallet now, a lot safer than any other wallets now.
Activity: 304
August 04, 2018, 01:09:50 PM
My question is?

If you have pvt keys with you there is nothing to worry.

Password becomes important when you lose your pvt key. Then you will need password and Keystore file to unlock your wallet. I would still suggest you to move your funds to some new mew wallet. So, that you can have access to pass as well. There is nothing wrong in having to options to unlock your wallet when your savings are in it.
Activity: 398
August 04, 2018, 01:06:57 PM
My question is?

just keep your private key in safe place,,
password is not important in myetherwallet if you still have the private key you will be able to open your mew or sent eth/eth token from your mew
Activity: 196
August 04, 2018, 01:06:45 PM
You can enter your wallet again with your private key. And you can also make normal transactions. Your private key is very important and necessary. Do not share it with anyone for your own sake.
Activity: 306
Merit: 102
Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak
August 04, 2018, 01:02:08 PM
It's not a matter of panic to forget about your EtherWallet password as you have your private keys and Json key. It would be possible for you to transfer and withdraw your coins with the key you have. But I will suggest you contact MyetherWallet support center and try to recover your password ASAP as it will make your account safer. You will not lose control over it. you may also transfer your most of the balance if you can't make it.

Etherwallet clearly stated  on its T&C that they do not hold your password and will not provide assistance for password recovery. I think MEW is designed that way to absorb the admin of any responsibility for any loses that may occur to MEW users. So, don't waste your time and energy contacting them.
Activity: 602
August 04, 2018, 01:00:14 PM
Private key is more important although when you are going to transfer your coins into any exchange you should have to need of private key, especially in MEW private key is more important not password.
Activity: 66
August 04, 2018, 12:52:47 PM
If you forget you myetherwallet password don't be upset. you can enter your wallet by using private key. Private key is more important so do not share it other.
Activity: 140
August 04, 2018, 12:35:55 PM
It's not a matter of panic to forget about your EtherWallet password as you have your private keys and Json key. It would be possible for you to transfer and withdraw your coins with the key you have. But I will suggest you contact MyetherWallet support center and try to recover your password ASAP as it will make your account safer. You will not lose control over it. you may also transfer your most of the balance if you can't make it.
Pages:
Jump to: