Pages:
Author

Topic: Forgotten myetherwallet password - page 4. (Read 528 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 100
August 03, 2018, 01:49:34 AM
I also never save passwords when making a wallet on MyEtherwallet, the main thing is to save the private key safely, so that you can send it to another exchange or wallet.
Activity: 41
Merit: 793
inactive
August 03, 2018, 01:47:24 AM
The PRIVATE KEY gains full access to your wallet without any password-protection just like the RECOVERY PHRASE (if created).
The KEYSTORE-FILE is your encrypted private key and an additional password is needed to unlock your wallet.

For safety reasons I'd recommend creating a new keystore-file (choose a secure password and don't forget it) and keeping your unencrypted private-key (and recovery phrase) isolated from the internet (write it down on paper and store it somewhere you won't lose it and nobody else got access).

You could even get more security by buying a hardware-wallet (e.g. Ledger Nano S, Trezor, ...) or doing offline-transactions as alternative.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
August 03, 2018, 01:46:24 AM
If you have a private key, you don't need to worry about it.
Because you can import the private key into another purse
copper member
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
July 31, 2018, 01:36:49 PM
Loosing your ethereum wallet password is not enough to loose access to your digital assets because, what you actually need to access your finds is importing your private key and your good to go.
Reason why , we must guard our private keys jealously.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
July 31, 2018, 01:31:10 PM
You have 2 ways to log-in.

If you have private key, you are good.

If you have json file with pass, you are good.

If you have both, you are good.

If you don't have neither, that means you won't see your tokens again.
Activity: 149
Merit: 34
💡 Websites, scripts for BTC web4crypto.xyz
July 31, 2018, 01:25:16 PM
All you need to access crypto is your private key. You can go to myetherwallet.com and choose import private key, then you have full access to your funds.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
July 31, 2018, 01:23:10 PM
I think your question is whether your mew password is important and yes it is. You will need it to open your account when you want to deal on your coin to assure that you are the owner of the address. Sorry if you have lost it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
July 31, 2018, 01:20:40 PM
I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?
Hope you mates can help me clear this out.

Nope, you can access your account directly by private key when you want to send out some ETH from your wallet.
But it's not recommended to do it due to safety of your wallet
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
July 31, 2018, 01:18:02 PM
I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?

Password is not more important than private key. For myether wallet no need password and all. You should have your private key safely to exchange. So don't bother about password
Activity: 208
Merit: 0
July 31, 2018, 01:15:35 PM
My question is?

Refrain yourself from worrying mate. Although MEW password were imperative but it is quite not that too important. As long as you have both the private keys and account address secured, you are good to transact anytime you wish. Be positively sure to have a copy, not only one but two of those very important datas. Those were your life in the crypto world.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
July 31, 2018, 01:14:24 PM
AFAIK you don't need any password if you are importing a wallet via privatekey. Perhaps you are opening your wallet with a Keystore / JSON File?

My question is?
Your password is ofcourse important if you are opening an encrypted wallet like what I mentioned via Keystore / JSON File. You will not be able to access your wallet without it. As for trading your coins with fiat, it will not require you to input your password when transferring your coins to an exchange. Just enough coins and eth to cover for the gas fee.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
July 31, 2018, 12:53:25 PM
The private keys is the most important, it mustn't get to the hand of 2nd party even your biological brother if you choose. So to change your eth to fiat, then you need to login to your myetherwallet with your private key so as to send the eth to whoever's buying from you in exchange with fiat.
Activity: 109
Merit: 0
July 31, 2018, 12:24:07 PM
My question is?
Pages:
Jump to: