Pages:
Author

Topic: Forgotten myetherwallet password - page 3. (Read 528 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0
August 04, 2018, 12:30:23 PM
you are password is very important , even your private key can't help you if you don't have the password,  so it is better to follow the tutorial and recover your password as soon as possible, and remember if you can't protect your password you account will be in trouble
Activity: 19
August 04, 2018, 12:14:35 PM
If you loose your password of mytherwallet,it doesn’t mean you can’t take any more access to your account. Private keys are more important here to get access and exchange rewards.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
August 04, 2018, 10:34:59 AM
I think that password used only to create our private key.  So our private key is made based on our password.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
August 04, 2018, 09:58:24 AM
Condolences with you, now, probably does not have an effective way to solve the lost wallet file pass (if long pass and many special characters)
Be careful next time!
Activity: 406
Merit: 109
August 04, 2018, 09:55:40 AM
I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?
Hope you mates can help me clear this out.

First question, whats a myetherwallet password??

Your account, your id, your password, everything is your private key, if you are talking about your JSON file password, till the time you have your private keys there is nothing to worry about, you can redownload JSON file and allocate a password.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
August 04, 2018, 09:54:48 AM
I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?

The most important keys that you have to save is the private keys and the public address. In myether wallet the password is not neccessary to transfer your funds or convert your eth to usd and send some eth to ther wallets address. So you don’t have to worry that you forgot your eth wallet it is not neccessary.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
August 04, 2018, 09:54:06 AM
My question is?

Private keys are more important. I don't think that you will forgotten your password, password is needed if we will need to log in in our myetherwallet address which I think is also important but the most important in myetherwallet is the private keys because will not able to access your wallet anymore.
Activity: 252
August 04, 2018, 09:50:10 AM
The password is needed only for accessing your account. But, if you have your private key secure and you remember your address you can make transactions anytime. But, make sure to store your private key somewhere safe. If you lose it, then nothing can help you. However, the password is only important if you are accessing your wallet through JSON File.
Activity: 58
August 03, 2018, 01:52:10 PM
That’s really a bad news at all but be patient.  Get help from experts because they can give you the proper solution.
Activity: 707
Merit: 1
August 03, 2018, 10:44:08 AM
The most important is your private key and your wallet address, with this two you can transact freely without issues. Although password was requested for while opening the account but yet, it has been ever requested for during transactions.
Activity: 49
August 03, 2018, 10:42:29 AM
no, save your privatekeys, but do make sure the private keys are definitely fro the account that you have just backuped. look at your coins online and check your private key is REALLY belonging to that address.
Activity: 196
August 03, 2018, 10:39:07 AM
As far as the password is concerned, there is no need to worry so much about it. Your main concern should be the private key number. Do not let it disclose to anyone, not even to your family. Memorize it well.
Activity: 336
August 03, 2018, 07:44:19 AM
Transactions can be done anytime, if your security key is known and your address as well. so, it is always safe to store your key number in a very safe place, so no leak occurs. Normal account password is only applicable if you are accessign your wallet using JSON File.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 149
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
August 03, 2018, 02:21:59 AM
Private key is good enough to get the job done. This is something which you need to store safely(Cloud storage servers preferably) in order to make sure that you don't lose it at any point in the future helping you secure your funds. Don't worry about passwords. The private key alone gives you access to everything you need including your Ethereum address. Metamask is another security measure which I recommend.
Activity: 29
August 03, 2018, 02:17:52 AM
LOL Myetherwallet not using password! Myether is using private key ! If you don't save your pk so you will lose your money! 😀😀😀
Activity: 139
August 03, 2018, 02:17:08 AM
Your MEW password is not that important, so dont worry about it. The most important numbers that you should keep safe are your ether wallet address and the private keys. Keep it very safe so you wont worry.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 03, 2018, 02:07:49 AM
If your forgotten your password in myetherwallet that's okay because you can also access your wallet using your private key but that is risky way of accessing your myetherwallet because if you access your wallet on phising site the private key would steal to you.
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB
August 03, 2018, 02:01:56 AM
Without your password, you will be unable to perform any operations on your MyEtherWallet. The Private key is your backup and recovery tool because if your seed file is lost or corrupted you can recreate from that. You would need to create a brand new wallet and start again by importing.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
August 03, 2018, 02:00:52 AM
My question is?

I am really not surprised to hear this because many people have asked this kind question,the password you created during the opening process of MyEtherwallet is not as relevant as the public key and the private key because it's not used when you want to transfer your tokens, so don't be afraid. It might be relevant when you loose the public and private keys.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
August 03, 2018, 01:50:21 AM
Its private key all you need. Don't worry man.
Pages:
Jump to: