Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 15. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
What software do you guys use for tuning a 7x nvidia GPU system? I'm having a lot of trouble with everything it seems. Precision XOC worked at first but now I can't get all GPU to copy the change I make to one.
Activity: 34
I am going to add fans to the frame to blow fresh air into it. It is running about 65C+. I hope to bring it down to 60C. I prefer to keep my rigs modular so I can remove them from the racks and repair them.

My current 1080ti FE/Ref types 2-3 GPU rigs stays cool with a blower to suck the air out faster. The non-FE cards, maybe a bit tricky because the only effective way for my case is to hang them with hooks (heat goes up) with ample spacing.

Be careful when you select which fans to use because anything below 3000rpm "typhoon class" type fans are not going to make the cut - the Scythe fan that I am using now is a 3000rpm server rated fan (from the Antminer S7 days). Very good and powerful fans. There are better ones like Noctua, Delta, Nidec, etc. but more expensive.
https://www.amazon.com/Scythe-DFS123812H-3000-Ultra-Kaze-120mm/dp/B001JKNMBE/ref=lp_2530362011_1_3?srs=2530362011&ie=UTF8&qid=1498738110&sr=8-3

The "before" pix below.... all the 2-3 GPU rigs will be consolidated to 3/4/5 x GPU rigs.... when I am done with that project - will post "after" pix.

The Zotaz 1070 Minis are attached to this rig because waiting for the Asus Prime Z270A motherboard for 7+2 x GPU. While waiting ... they work hard along side the Zotac 1080ti FE

Disclaimer: During the PSU supply crunch, I got a few "Ethereum PSU" from China.... until I get the EVGA-G3's and server PSUs.
So far so good but I am not very comfortable with the "poor man's PSU" so I use them when only needed and did not beyond 50% of the alleged watts rating. It however got all the cables, connectors required up to 6 x GPUs (6/8pins) or 3 x GPU (2x8pins) -- its the real deal.... but I don't recommend it unless you don't have any other choice.

https://i.imgur.com/vZOX8Mv.png?2

Are those Great Wall PSU? How are the Minis doing? I order a number of 1080 Ti Minis. The Minis price is irresistible.
I am going to add fans to the frame to blow fresh air into it. It is running about 65C+. I hope to bring it down to 60C. I prefer to keep my rigs modular so I can remove them from the racks and repair them.

see if a drop from 65 to 60  tdp  lowers hash a lot.

if you are at 2800 and drop to 2700 sol  but heat is good.

that may be better then adding fans to stay at 2800 sol

please ignore

https://new.nicehash.com/miner/16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr

Dropping TDP to 60% resulted lower Sol from 700 to 640-650. Temp drop -1 to -2C. Core speed dropped to 1650Mhz.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Okay  hows is this for a problem?

I am supposed to sell 2 diamond rx 480 8gb gpus
they are now going for an insane price from the builder  over 600 usd.
http://www.diamondmultimediastore.com/diamond-video-graphic-cards/radeon-rx400-series

I made a promise to sell them  in my pm's   and of course  I have had 48 pages of pm's since I purchased them in march.

so if you read this please resend the pm as I am ready to sell them.

I paid 200 each for them or 400 for the pair.

Even if we didn't pm you the first time.. can we pm you now, haha!
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

see if a drop from 65 to 60  tdp  lowers hash a lot.

if you are at 2800 and drop to 2700 sol  but heat is good.

It should work. Got my 1060s at 60 and increased MC by 900. They run cool & quiet. The hash stayed the same on claymore 9.5 but increased on genoil.

Have 3 Zotac 1060 AMP Edition arriving tomorrow. That will finish my 5 x 1060 build. After that, like many others, I'm not building or buying anything more for awhile.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Has anyone figured out a way to connect the new ETHminer to something like zpool or MHP? i looked into it and it seems to be only usable on dwarfpool, nicehash, and like 1 other based on the code....
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Anyone else experience this problem;

I have 3 Asus FE 1080ti on one board with some case fans to move the air around. Fan speed at 70%, cards at 80% power. Temps were 60-70 for The last 24hrs.. before adding the 3rd I had the first and third pci-e slots used and the cards were stable.

I wake up this morning (24hrs after installing the 3rd card) and the first one is running at 84 degrees.. I check the fans there all working, the fan on the gpu is working..

I turn off the rig (twice now) and the gpu wont come back online. I didn't have time to further investigate as I needed to go to work..

Thoughts ?

All of the stability issues i have ran into to date with GPU's dropping out like that lead back to overloading or weak power rail/bad connection for the sata power to the risers... found switching the cables out would fix it sometimes.. so i figured it was just a poor connection across the connectors... so i converted that rig over to hard wire for power going from the power supply to the powered risers, which actually benefited me because i can run the GPU further away now with the custom power cable length. What i did was go to homedepot, in the electrical isle they have these 8 wire screw in power boards for $0.89ea, that connect straight across... i used a molex tool to remove the connectors on the power supply, then un-crimped the pin off the wire and screwed it into the power board, then on the other side of the board i ran the wires to the power riser at the length i needed with some 4 wire cable i bought on a spool and soldered that end directly to the pins on the powered riser.. since doing this.. the system has been running flawless for 2 weeks now without any gpu drop out issues... when i initially set it up i found out the power supply on that system shares 2 different sata power pigtails off the same power rail on the PSU, so more than 2 gpu's was 50/50 chance of working.. and 4 was dropping in and out constantly.. i noticed this and switched the 2nd pair of 2 gpu's to another pigtail coming off a different rail and all 4 worked on first bootup... so the one rail has 5 total sata power connectors off it, but it would only support 2 GPU's...
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Okay  hows is this for a problem?

I am supposed to sell 2 diamond rx 480 8gb gpus
they are now going for an insane price from the builder  over 600 usd.
http://www.diamondmultimediastore.com/diamond-video-graphic-cards/radeon-rx400-series

I made a promise to sell them  in my pm's   and of course  I have had 48 pages of pm's since I purchased them in march.

so if you read this please resend the pm as I am ready to sell them.

I paid 200 each for them or 400 for the pair.

I have 3 Asus FE 1080ti on one board with some case fans to move the air around. Fan speed at 70%, cards at 80% power. Temps were 60-70 for The last 24hrs.. before adding the 3rd I had the first and third pci-e slots used and the cards were stable.

I wake up this morning (24hrs after installing the 3rd card) and the first one is running at 84 degrees.. I check the fans there all working, the fan on the gpu is working..

I turn off the rig (twice now) and the gpu wont come back online. I didn't have time to further investigate as I needed to go to work..

Thoughts ?

I had that problem before using seasonic 1250xm (the old version) ... newer version is 1250XM2 ... it is a power supply issue.

my temporary fix before I acquired a new replacement is, turn on and off the switch of the psu (motherboard bios settings is "resume after power loss"), so you won't go to the trouble of pressing on after switching the psu on......chances are you get lucy and it powers on.

unless there are other issues..

I wouldn't of figured it was a psu issue.. I have the remaining two cards still running..
Since I've been remoting in I can only do a restart and not fully turn it off. Guess I will be troubleshooting tonight.

All the parts are within 30 days if I need to do some returns..

I re read your post...so 2 gpu are running and 1 is not...it is a riser issue, or a pcie socket on the motherboard.

check the power that goes to the riser and check the usb cable, check the riser too....it is good to have spares so you can swap parts (troubleshooting)

It would have to be either a card issue or pci-e. They arent on risers.. direct onto the mobo.
What got me was it was stable at temps between 60-70 for almost 24hours and I wont up to it being 84.. nothing changed over night.
SO odd.  It was the card with the monitor plugged into it so, not that the monitor was on or anything.

Just checked nicehash's report log and for 2 hours last night my rig didn't produce any numbers and then came back online.. So I guess that had something to do with the temperature change.. the plot thickens.. So so odd.

I will trouble shoot tonight.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

Thoughts ?

I had that problem before using seasonic 1250xm (the old version) ... newer version is 1250XM2 ... it is a power supply issue.

my temporary fix before I acquired a new replacement is, turn on and off the switch of the psu (motherboard bios settings is "resume after power loss"), so you won't go to the trouble of pressing on after switching the psu on......chances are you get lucy and it powers on.

I wouldn't of figured it was a psu issue.. I have the remaining two cards still running..
Since I've been remoting in I can only do a restart and not fully turn it off. Guess I will be troubleshooting tonight.

I re read your post...so 2 gpu are running and 1 is not...it is a riser issue, or a pcie socket on the motherboard.

check the power that goes to the riser and check the usb cable, check the riser too....it is good to have spares so you can swap parts (troubleshooting)

Thoughts ?

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

Thoughts ?

Thoughts ?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

My current 1080ti FE/Ref types 2-3 GPU rigs stays cool with a blower to suck the air out faster. The non-FE cards, maybe a bit tricky because the only effective way for my case is to hang them with hooks (heat goes up) with ample spacing.

Be careful when you select which fans to use because anything below 3000rpm "typhoon class" type fans are not going to make the cut - the Scythe fan that I am using now is a 3000rpm server rated fan (from the Antminer S7 days). Very good and powerful fans. There are better ones like Noctua, Delta, Nidec, etc. but more expensive.
https://www.amazon.com/Scythe-DFS123812H-3000-Ultra-Kaze-120mm/dp/B001JKNMBE/ref=lp_2530362011_1_3?srs=2530362011&ie=UTF8&qid=1498738110&sr=8-3

The "before" pix below.... all the 2-3 GPU rigs will be consolidated to 3/4/5 x GPU rigs.... when I am done with that project - will post "after" pix.

The Zotaz 1070 Minis are attached to this rig because waiting for the Asus Prime Z270A motherboard for 7+2 x GPU. While waiting ... they work hard along side the Zotac 1080ti FE

Disclaimer: During the PSU supply crunch, I got a few "Ethereum PSU" from China.... until I get the EVGA-G3's and server PSUs.
So far so good but I am not very comfortable with the "poor man's PSU" so I use them when only needed and did not beyond 50% of the alleged watts rating. It however got all the cables, connectors required up to 6 x GPUs (6/8pins) or 3 x GPU (2x8pins) -- its the real deal.... but I don't recommend it unless you don't have any other choice.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

see if a drop from 65 to 60  tdp  lowers hash a lot.

if you are at 2800 and drop to 2700 sol  but heat is good.

please ignore

https://new.nicehash.com/miner/16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I didn't OC them much, based on what I read from this thread, I prefer to keep the card cool under power, best power/sol ratio. If it breaks down, I know RMA will take a long time. Also, I am using a 1000 Watt PSU, I don't want to break it, the PSU is reaching 90%.

It can go all the way up to 300w if you let it.... but I think best to leave it under 200w each for ZEC about 700sols. I hang these cards with hooks to give best breathing space.
I didn't OC them much, based on what I read from this thread, I prefer to keep the card cool under power, best power/sol ratio. If it breaks down, I know RMA will take a long time. Also, I am using a 1000 Watt PSU, I don't want to break it, the PSU is reaching 90%.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I haven't shared anything before to this community. So here is it, my latest Ti rig.

Spec
Motherboard : Biostar TB250
CPU : Celeron G3900
Memory : 4GB DDR4
Hardisk : 120 SSD
GPU : Zotac 1080 Ti AMP Extreme x 4
Powered Riser
PSU : Corsair RM1000i Watt
DIY-Custom Frame Using Alu Bars

Pulling 890-910 Watt from the wall. Running 65% TDP, +61 Mhz Core and + 300 Mhz Mem. Approximately 680-700 Sol/s per GPU, around 2.8k Sol/s.

Running purely Zcash now but going to try multi-algo at either Zpool or MiningPoolHub.

Question : How do I directly display the image out instead of a link?

I have 3 of these cards.... very bad ass cards I think..... very high OC... no chance to mod the settings

Each card is like a brick and as heavy --- the 3 big fans are like turbine engines but the Aorus fans/cooling system is still the best IMHO

When running full speed they glow fire red.... and when it cools down it flashes blue and glows blue.... LOL
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I buy one more card

http://cryptomining-blog.com/8856-sapphire-also-to-release-amd-based-crypto-mining-gpus/

Sapphire Mining Editions cards:
– Sapphire Radeon RX 470 MINING Edition 8192MB GDDR5 Samsung 7 Gbps (11256-38-10G) – 25-28MH/s ETH
– Sapphire Radeon RX 470 MINING Edition 8192MB GDDR5 7 Gbps (11256-37-10G) – 24-27MH/s ETH
– Sapphire Radeon RX 470 MINING Edition 4096MB GDDR5 Samsung 7 Gbps (11256-36-10G) – 24-27 MH/s ETH
– Sapphire Radeon RX 470 MINING Edition 4096MB GDDR5 7 Gbps (11256-35-10G) – 23-26 MH/s ETH
– Sapphire Radeon RX 560 Pulse MINING Edition 4096MB (11267-11-10G) – 12-15 MH/s ETH

Pages:
Jump to: