Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 59. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

is it possible to actually cash out USD from Bittrex?

No
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Hey everyone... wanted to get your feedback on best known methods of withdrawing USD from Crypt-Exchanges.

What I have been doing is moving ETH from Bittrex (where my mining operation sends the rewards) to my Coinbase ETH wallet, then selling a few here and there directly to my Coinbase USD wallet.  I haven't actually withdrawn that USD yet but it seems pretty easy to do.

However, I am now considering selling some of my DCR (cashing out to USD) and trying to figure out the best way to do it.  Of course, i could sell it on Bittrex, then transfer the resulting BTC Coinbase, then transfer that amount of BTC to my Coinbase USD wallet but that seems like a lot of steps.  So, I was trying to figure out if it is possible to get USD directly from Bittrex, but can't quite get there.  They do have a wallet called Tether that seems to be linked to USD, so I assume that I could sell DCR to BTC, then buy Tether with BTC, but then can I actually get Bittrex to send me real USD (via check, eft, etc) or is that Tether wallet just meant as a temporary holding place to wait out a down market or something?  Couldnt seem to find the info on Bittrex about if its possible to actually cash out USD so any tips would be appreciated.

once it is in coinbase the irs will know you have it.  i.e. reportable on a tax return.  My thoughts are use it and go legit pay tax etc.

I can offer some advice  lets say you have 3 btc on coinbase   lets say most of the btc was transferred when btc was   2600

and you hold and coins drop to  2000 .  So the 7800 dropped to 6000   which number do you think is the one the irs picks for you to use for taxes  yep  the 7800  .. So  to pull from an exchange like bittrex and put into coinbase means you need to consider  this.
Before the runup came from april I had 8 coins in coinbase  I now have under .03 coins there.

as cashing them  would protect me from a tax bill that I could not pay.

I will do my level best to avoid sending any coin to coin base other then a purchase from my bank account.  until 2018

yes, i certainly understand the potential tax implications for cashing out via Coinbase... although i recently read that the challenge CB is putting up in court may have a reasonable chance of succeeding.  Also, the basis issue is an interesting one... typically, like with stocks, your cost basis is easily trackable so that's what I pull and use to prepare my taxes and should the IRS ever feel they need check my measly profit, then can easily do so based on the UBS data, etc.  However, with crypto, it's not that easy. Sure, I have an app on my phone where i track both all of my mining rewards as well as other crypto activities like buying BTC outride for usd and trades, etc.  Maybe the IRS could somehow dig into mining pool's data to actually try to validate what a miner's true basis is but man, what a huge waste of effort (nothing new for the government i know)... BUT... when you start to talk about trading one crypto for another and how that affects your basis, it is something that probably not many people can even comprehend... myself included.

But aside from that, back to my original question...

is it possible to actually cash out USD from Bittrex?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hey everyone... wanted to get your feedback on best known methods of withdrawing USD from Crypt-Exchanges.

What I have been doing is moving ETH from Bittrex (where my mining operation sends the rewards) to my Coinbase ETH wallet, then selling a few here and there directly to my Coinbase USD wallet.  I haven't actually withdrawn that USD yet but it seems pretty easy to do.

However, I am now considering selling some of my DCR (cashing out to USD) and trying to figure out the best way to do it.  Of course, i could sell it on Bittrex, then transfer the resulting BTC Coinbase, then transfer that amount of BTC to my Coinbase USD wallet but that seems like a lot of steps.  So, I was trying to figure out if it is possible to get USD directly from Bittrex, but can't quite get there.  They do have a wallet called Tether that seems to be linked to USD, so I assume that I could sell DCR to BTC, then buy Tether with BTC, but then can I actually get Bittrex to send me real USD (via check, eft, etc) or is that Tether wallet just meant as a temporary holding place to wait out a down market or something?  Couldnt seem to find the info on Bittrex about if its possible to actually cash out USD so any tips would be appreciated.

once it is in coinbase the irs will know you have it.  i.e. reportable on a tax return.  My thoughts are use it and go legit pay tax etc.

I can offer some advice  lets say you have 3 btc on coinbase   lets say most of the btc was transferred when btc was   2600

and you hold and coins drop to  2000 .  So the 7800 dropped to 6000   which number do you think is the one the irs picks for you to use for taxes  yep  the 7800  .. So  to pull from an exchange like bittrex and put into coinbase means you need to consider  this.
Before the runup came from april I had 8 coins in coinbase  I now have under .03 coins there.

as cashing them  would protect me from a tax bill that I could not pay.

I will do my level best to avoid sending any coin to coin base other then a purchase from my bank account.  until 2018
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Hey everyone... wanted to get your feedback on best known methods of withdrawing USD from Crypto-Exchanges.

What I have been doing is moving ETH from Bittrex (where my mining operation sends the rewards) to my Coinbase ETH wallet, then selling a few here and there directly to my Coinbase USD wallet.  I haven't actually withdrawn that USD yet but it seems pretty easy to do.

However, I am now considering selling some of my DCR (cashing out to USD) and trying to figure out the best way to do it.  Of course, i could sell it on Bittrex, then transfer the resulting BTC Coinbase, then transfer that amount of BTC to my Coinbase USD wallet but that seems like a lot of steps.  So, I was trying to figure out if it is possible to get USD directly from Bittrex, but can't quite get there.  They do have a wallet called Tether that seems to be linked to USD, so I assume that I could sell DCR to BTC, then buy Tether with BTC, but then can I actually get Bittrex to send me real USD (via check, eft, etc) or is that Tether wallet just meant as a temporary holding place to wait out a down market or something?  Couldnt seem to find the info on Bittrex about if its possible to actually cash out USD so any tips would be appreciated.

legendary
I wonder what kind of OS/drivers could be able to handle so much GPUs !

Last year there is this dude that posted on Claymore ETH thread with his 16 x GPU rig using a multi PCI motherboard - something like deep learning and NVIDIA Tesla systems would use. I believe he was using Linux OS.

Claymore had to do version for more than 12 x GPU... It was quite an awesome project but the motherboard was 2000 bucks  Huh

I hope the H110 mobo would be under 150$

seems to be more for a 60 gpu and up setup.

I could see have 1 and it breaks and all my 1080 tis don't work.

now if you were running 5 or more  of them and had a spare no worries.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Last year there is this dude that posted on Claymore ETH thread with his 16 x GPU rig using a multi PCI motherboard - something like deep learning and NVIDIA Tesla systems would use. I believe he was using Linux OS.

Claymore had to do version for more than 12 x GPU... It was quite an awesome project but the motherboard was 2000 bucks  Huh

I hope the H110 mobo would be under 150$
Activity: 501
@ Citronick

I remember you used pci-e 1 to 3 splitters on some boards for your previous rigs.

I'm using some on MB with not enough PCIe slot (I bought these mobos when their price + splitter price is better than mobos with 6 to 7 PCIe slots).

Generally it works great, but I have an issue with one setup. Each time I add more than 1 GPUs in a mobo slot (thanks to the splitter) , I end with one of these GPUs hanging after few minutes. (Claymore Eth mining + SMos)

I have similar rigs without any problem, the only difference here is I use RX570 Pulse (first time) instead of RX470s.

Do you have an idea of the reason for that problem ?

I'm about to install a W10 to check if this is a SMos/RX570/splitters compatibility issue.
Maybe SMos cannot handle more than 6 RX570s without hanging ?

my first suspect is power - so maybe a bigger PSU.

So far I got it working with R9-Nanos (7xGPUs) and R7-370 (7xGPUs) -- I have dismantled the R7 rig and now permanently with R9-Nanos mining ZEC.
Its my most powerful AMD ZEC miner at 2800 sols.

I have moved away from using these splitters because its too sensitive and currently using MSI Gaming M5 (Z170) and MSI Z270-A PRO (using M2 adapter) for 7xGPU rigs.

I cannot wait to get my hands on this Asrock H110-Pro BTC (1 x 16X slot and 11 x 1X slots !)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19271012

It's not power related issue as I'm using server PSU with many room left.

In case it could help someone, I managed to get things working by cheating : I put 3 RX570 in a rig + 3x470 , and the 3 others 570 in another rig with the other 3 470.
One hour working so far.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
I cannot wait to get my hands on this Asrock H110-Pro BTC (1 x 16X slot and 11 x 1X slots !)

Same.... I just hope people don't start gouging the prices on them like they did with the H97 boards.... they used to be ~$100 or less; now they cost an arm and a leg comparatively.

I can only imagine people taking a ~$150-200 board and gouging the price into the $450 range......
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
@ Citronick

I remember you used pci-e 1 to 3 splitters on some boards for your previous rigs.

I'm using some on MB with not enough PCIe slot (I bought these mobos when their price + splitter price is better than mobos with 6 to 7 PCIe slots).

Generally it works great, but I have an issue with one setup. Each time I add more than 1 GPUs in a mobo slot (thanks to the splitter) , I end with one of these GPUs hanging after few minutes. (Claymore Eth mining + SMos)

I have similar rigs without any problem, the only difference here is I use RX570 Pulse (first time) instead of RX470s.

I'm about to install a W10 to check if this is a SMos/RX570/splitters compatibility issue.

my first suspect is power - so maybe a bigger PSU.

So far I got it working with R9-Nanos (7xGPUs) and R7-370 (7xGPUs) -- I have dismantled the R7 rig and now permanently with R9-Nanos mining ZEC.
Its my most powerful AMD ZEC miner at 2800 sols.

I have moved away from using these splitters because its too sensitive and currently using MSI Gaming M5 (Z170) and MSI Z270-A PRO (using M2 adapter) for 7xGPU rigs.

@ Citronick

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

Do you believe I could run the same 3 card setup like with the Aero's or no?

3 1080 ti's riser free won't happen

I do all my 3 card  1080 ti's  with 2 on the board and one on a riser.

a riser free setup with 3 cards  2 msi aeros 1 short mini 1080 or 1070 on the board can be done  with the 1 card short at the end.

I would not try it in a case.

However  I am going to build a katana katana gigabyte in a case.

Here is an asus, katana, katana   in a case  a bit too hot

(To Phil)

Try adding a Delta 38mm to the front of the case, fans that come with cases are usually seriously wimpy.

(To Vosk)

I would also not try 3 x 1080 ti in a non-riser build, the only motherboards that will let them space out properly to cool are WAY too bloody expen$ive and uncommon (the old Gigabyte -UD7 motherboards would work but ALL of them have been out of production for years and Gigabyte doesn't seem to be doing them on current chipsets).
 As a nearly-universal rule boards with 3 x 16-bit PCI slots space the #2 and #3 slot too close together to let the #2 card cool if you have another full-length card in the #3 slot - which is why I love the Gigabyte "ITX" 1070 card (MSI makes a 1070 that size now too) - they leave 1 fan totally unobstructed, which has been enough to keep the middle card reasonably cool in my 3-card no-riser rigs when the small amount of airflow the other fans get is added in.

Some boards I've seen with 5 x 16bit slots OR MORE allow the right spacing - but BLOODY HECK you pay more for some of those motherboards ALONE than some of my 2+ card complete RIGS have cost me.

Backplates on non-riser mining rigs are a BAD THING - they obstruct airflow.
 On riser rigs they don't matter, you just space the cards out more.

I have a EVGA X99 FTW K 151-BE-E097-KR coming in. Going to try a 3 rig gtx 1080 ti build with founders cards in a phanteks enthoo pro case. I added two fractal 140mm fans in the front. With two 1080 ti in the case my temps are in the high 50c mining zec. Not enough space in the case for a third card because the last pci-e 16x slot is near the edge of mb.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Ax1500i cannot successfully output power to pandaminer off 120v, 220v+ required?

The only power supplies I have ever seen that offered higher capacity when powered from 220 instead of 110 were SERVER SPECIFIC models.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Do you believe I could run the same 3 card setup like with the Aero's or no?

3 1080 ti's riser free won't happen

I do all my 3 card  1080 ti's  with 2 on the board and one on a riser.

a riser free setup with 3 cards  2 msi aeros 1 short mini 1080 or 1070 on the board can be done  with the 1 card short at the end.

I would not try it in a case.

However  I am going to build a katana katana gigabyte in a case.

Here is an asus, katana, katana   in a case  a bit too hot

(To Phil)

Try adding a Delta 38mm to the front of the case, fans that come with cases are usually seriously wimpy.

(To Vosk)

I would also not try 3 x 1080 ti in a non-riser build, the only motherboards that will let them space out properly to cool are WAY too bloody expen$ive and uncommon (the old Gigabyte -UD7 motherboards would work but ALL of them have been out of production for years and Gigabyte doesn't seem to be doing them on current chipsets).
 As a nearly-universal rule boards with 3 x 16-bit PCI slots space the #2 and #3 slot too close together to let the #2 card cool if you have another full-length card in the #3 slot - which is why I love the Gigabyte "ITX" 1070 card (MSI makes a 1070 that size now too) - they leave 1 fan totally unobstructed, which has been enough to keep the middle card reasonably cool in my 3-card no-riser rigs when the small amount of airflow the other fans get is added in.

Some boards I've seen with 5 x 16bit slots OR MORE allow the right spacing - but BLOODY HECK you pay more for some of those motherboards ALONE than some of my 2+ card complete RIGS have cost me.

Backplates on non-riser mining rigs are a BAD THING - they obstruct airflow.
 On riser rigs they don't matter, you just space the cards out more.

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Got a question for you Philip. Do you think the MSI 1080TI Aero needs a backplate?  EK has one that will fit on the Aero. Need it or just a waste of coin?

PS

I think I answered my question. Just checked and it's not a stand alone unit. It requires the cooling block for mounting to the backside. It also only provides passive cooling for back side of the VRM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBsxuNXyDJk&t=310s

Backplate usefulness?

I saw this a while back, and it seems like a valid conclusion.
Activity: 407
Merit: 255
Got a question for you Philip. Do you think the MSI 1080TI Aero needs a backplate?  EK has one that will fit on the Aero. Need it or just a waste of coin?

PS

I think I answered my question. Just checked and it's not a stand alone unit. It requires the cooling block for mounting to the backside. It also only provides passive cooling for back side of the VRM.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Ax1500i cannot successfully output power to pandaminer off 120v, 220v+ required?

OEM PSU plus transformer works at 215 mh/s

?

something is wrong

this psu should do it

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139079&cm_re=corsair_ax1500i-_-17-139-079-_-Product

get that transformer out of the way do not use it is low quality.

if you plug the psu into the wall and boot the panda what happens?

my panda ran fine on this psu plugged into 120 or 240.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182384&cm_re=rosewill_tokamak-_-17-182-384-_-Product

your psu is better.

so something is broken

how old is your home/apartment?

is the plug you use close to the circuit breaker?

can you turn the breaker off to figure what else is on the line?

the transformer was not used when i went direct to the wall, just the corsair to the panda,

I guess if it's drawing 1440w @ 220v? 120v power loss is not supporting this unit?
house was built 2010, this plug is only 20 ft from circuit breaker, nothing else on the line other than a monitor for the rig

I will just have 240v put in for this, this week even if it's a temp setup . .
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

?

something is wrong

this psu should do it

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139079&cm_re=corsair_ax1500i-_-17-139-079-_-Product

Now the panda does not recognize any GPU on board. .

are you changing the settings? did you switch out of  chinese to english correctly?
did you try to change the drivers?

I tried to run the PSU off 120v without the transformer

I've since switched back to the oem panda PSU and originally it recognized them like normal and mined for a short period but now it does not recognize them at all

I have already switched it into English and I made no edits other than swapping the PSU

Did I just fry the motherboard?

Edit

Windows could have updated the drivers around the same time?
legendary

?

something is wrong

this psu should do it

are you changing the settings? did you switch out of  chinese to english correctly?
did you try to change the drivers?
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

?

something is wrong

this psu should do it

Pages:
Jump to: