Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 63. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
@Vyper    Yes. smOS has a built in monitor that sends keep alive packets to the SRR so when they stop the SRR reboots the rig

smOS wouldn't work for me, I'm running all nVidia ATM - I do have 10 RX 470's I yanked that are just in a drawer now but I don't see them being used because I just keep filling empty outlets with more nVidia's as they become available.

I think SRR works independently of OS because it works on linux and windows too.

I believe Tytanick's mentioning about linux SOCAT package to be installed in Linux so that it can facilitate "I am alive" pings to SRR.

I guess if your NVIDIA linux build has SOCAT package installed it may work.

I am just speculating  Roll Eyes

What are the best tools to monitor a mini farm setup / ensure you have max uptime

What are you currently utilizing?
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
@Vyper    Yes. smOS has a built in monitor that sends keep alive packets to the SRR so when they stop the SRR reboots the rig

smOS wouldn't work for me, I'm running all nVidia ATM - I do have 10 RX 470's I yanked that are just in a drawer now but I don't see them being used because I just keep filling empty outlets with more nVidia's as they become available.
what would you want for them O_O
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

this is about

1400  for 1080ti
  350  for  1080
 110   for   mobo
  40    for   ssd
 110   for   psu
   35   for  ram

2150 with no sales or deals     I think a pandaminer is now  about 2500 shipped to usa.

this will do say 1700 sols for zec  at 500 watts at kill-a-watt-meter   and be quiet .

the panda miner will do 2300 sols at  1100 watts maybe 1000 watts and be loud

Is 1080 half price of 1080Ti?
 note correction made

the 1070 mini is 350 at newegg

the 1080 mini is 500 at newegg

1070 mini
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500408

1080 mini
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500414

so left to right:

msi aero 1080 ti --------  msi aero 1080 ti ----------- zotac mini 1070  or 1080

and here is a great psu to run 3 cards  very good price.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA07236V1499

these are really good  do not worry that they are rosewill  they are a higher quality psu
Hey Phil sorry I meant to ask you this, when you orient left to right, what is the "front" of the rig which would dictate where left is
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I think SRR works independently of OS because it works on linux and windows too.

I believe Tytanick's mentioning about linux SOCAT package to be installed in Linux so that it can facilitate "I am alive" pings to SRR.

Now THAT would be awesome! Make it extremely versatile. That also means that it should work with nvoc... food for thought.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

yeah I could add a few amd's  I have 3 rigs  that all have room

but I just add nvidia's  tomorrow a 1080 ti is on the way.
Activity: 350

Has anyone heard if smOS is going to add nvidia and cpu mining anytime soon?

Did asked him -- but he said not on top of his priority at the moment.
I have small NVIDIA farm btw.... running Windows and fullzero's nvoc linux.

Does nvoc have remote management similar to smOS to control rigs? Also have been checking smOS for the new SRR and still not released yet. Am looking forward to getting one with a couple of the expansion boards. Thanks
[/quote]

According to fullzero, he is working on some management tools for people who have multiple rigs.

I have SRR in my farm too to manage around 33 rigs - pretty good this SRR - the farm is 99% up and green every day.
[/quote]

I have a bunch of Router resetters from other projects that power cycle when there's no internet connection  -  which obviously doesn't do anything if miner gets hung up.

So SRR can actually tell if the miner gets hung up and will reboot the computer?

Thanks -
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

[/quote]

Does nvoc have remote management similar to smOS to control rigs? Also have been checking smOS for the new SRR and still not released yet. Am looking forward to getting one with a couple of the expansion boards. Thanks
[/quote]

According to fullzero, he is working on some management tools for people who have multiple rigs.

I have SRR in my farm too to manage around 33 rigs - pretty good this SRR - the farm is 99% up and green every day.
Activity: 747
Merit: 502

@jdope - should try smOS - a linux based AMD miner OS that contains all the latest miner apps from Claymore, Optiminer etc.
I moved all Windows rigs to Linux with exception of a few for development purposes.
After moving to Linux, I sleep better now... and mining have very much longer uptime, stability and consistency.

Hey, never tried it before, is it working with rx 5xx series? also is it paid or free? i have only one rig so paying for it would be a little meaningless, i've since removed the rx 580 and ran the other cards on the old drivers and they are running smoothly

[/quote]

[/quote]

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Does windows 10 unleash hell for anyone else? its unstable as hell for my 5 card rig, claymore stops mining for no reason sometimes, their hashrates are either under performing (compared to windows 7) or just unstable going from 20 to 25 every few seconds. anyone have any advice on getting it stable? im running rx 580/rx 480 and rx 470 on the same rig using the modded driver trick, could that be the problem?

did you flash your cards?

if so I got nothing.

now if you did not flash cards I have some ideas.

first of all you have to google how to stop updates.

as a five card miner should not be a pc  and updates can kill your mining

my windows 10 do not up date.

and I setup up an exclusion file for my software against windows defender

on desk top  I have a folder:

software 1
in that folder a folder mining software

in that all my mining software.

I go to windows defender exclusions

I exclude the folders

software 1
mining software

and the software runs

I do have flashed bios, but only on the older cards, which were working fine on windows 7, everything started going down hill when i introduced the rx 580 to the group, i did your solution though and hopefully that could make things a little bit more stable.

@jdope - should try smOS - a linux based AMD miner OS that contains all the latest miner apps from Claymore, Optiminer etc.
I moved all Windows rigs to Linux with exception of a few for development purposes.
After moving to Linux, I sleep better now... and mining have very much longer uptime, stability and consistency.

Does windows 10 unleash hell for anyone else? its unstable as hell for my 5 card rig, claymore stops mining for no reason sometimes, their hashrates are either under performing (compared to windows 7) or just unstable going from 20 to 25 every few seconds. anyone have any advice on getting it stable? im running rx 580/rx 480 and rx 470 on the same rig using the modded driver trick, could that be the problem?

if so I got nothing.

as a five card miner should not be a pc  and updates can kill your mining

on desk top  I have a folder:

software 1

I exclude the folders

software 1
mining software

and the software runs

I do have flashed bios, but only on the older cards, which were working fine on windows 7, everything started going down hill when i introduced the rx 580 to the group, i did your solution though and hopefully that could make things a little bit more stable.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

if so I got nothing.

as a five card miner should not be a pc  and updates can kill your mining

on desk top  I have a folder:

software 1

I exclude the folders

software 1
mining software

and the software runs

if so I got nothing.

software 1

I exclude the folders

software 1
mining software

and the software runs

legendary

if so I got nothing.

software 1

I exclude the folders

software 1
mining software

and the software runs

legendary
what mobos are you using for those 480's? OMG 4 cards no risers? So awesome!!!!

Those are biostar z170.

Newegg still has them .

But that setup won't work in the summer.

But in the garage with 45 f outdoor temp or lower it ran from nov to march

Sold them all to switch to the 1080 ti for the summer.

22 amps is now 10-11
what mobos are you using for those 480's? OMG 4 cards no risers? So awesome!!!!
Pages:
Jump to: