Pages:
Author

Topic: Fractional Reserve Lending IS NOT bad - its unavoidable - page 12. (Read 12751 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
This is pure nonsense. Wealth isn't measured by money supply, it's measured by net assets.
FRB doesn't add net assets to economy, because with an asset it also creates a liability.
The only monetary thing that can add net assets to economy is government deficit spending.

Not to say that you confuse money supply inflation with price inflation (the latter is one that makes people poorer, not the former).
I think I'm not the one confused here.

Please read: http://www.businessinsider.com/why-debt-fuels-bubbles-2014-5?IR=T
And? This doesn't have anything to do with what I wrote.
If you want to prove me wrong, please give counterarguments, not some random links.

Wrong.
Fractional reserve lending is fraud.
How is it fraud? Care to elaborate?

You are inflating the original supply of store of value in everyone's system essentially stealing value out of everyone's pocket over time to benefit those that are able to lend early and lend at fractional reserves.

Thats fraud
So who is the fraudster here, according to your understanding? A bank or a borrower? Because without a borrower the supply of 'store of value' (it's actually quite funny to call fiat money 'store of value') wouldn't increase.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
^
Now that you found out that fiat money is inflationary, you can avoid being a chump by investing it or spending it on goods and services -- not stuffing it in your mattress and expecting it to retain its value.

The cool kids know this, and have been doing this "investing and spending" thing all along.  Give it a shot Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
Wrong.
Fractional reserve lending is fraud.
How is it fraud? Care to elaborate?

You are inflating the original supply of store of value in everyone's system essentially stealing value out of everyone's pocket over time to benefit those that are able to lend early and lend at fractional reserves.

Thats fraud

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
This is pure nonsense. Wealth isn't measured by money supply, it's measured by net assets.
FRB doesn't add net assets to economy, because with an asset it also creates a liability.
The only monetary thing that can add net assets to economy is government deficit spending.

Not to say that you confuse money supply inflation with price inflation (the latter is one that makes people poorer, not the former).
I think I'm not the one confused here.

Please read: http://www.businessinsider.com/why-debt-fuels-bubbles-2014-5?IR=T
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

^Real data?  Real data showing that real estate prices go up when demand doubles?  Or that NYC rent is high?  Those things should be evident on their face to most post-pubescent earthlings without serious learning disabilities.  

You seem to establish a direct causal relationships between FRB and rising hose prices without citing any data (or even hinting at the underlying reasoning ...or the household solvent which caused said reasoning to take place), but you want me to produce evidence that the price of a house will be higher when more people want to buy it?  RU 4realz?

Put up the data mate or we're going to conclude you're full of it.  I've cited data on my site: https://ozziecoin.com/index.php/fractional-reserve-banking-explained/

You can see M3 and dilution happening.  It's flowing into asset prices. So far you offer... nothing.
^Real data?  Real data showing that real estate prices go up when demand doubles?  Or that NYC rent is high?  Those things should be evident on their face to most post-pubescent earthlings without serious learning disabilities.  

You seem to establish a direct causal relationships between FRB and rising hose prices without citing any data (or even hinting at the underlying reasoning ...or the household solvent which caused said reasoning to take place), but you want me to produce evidence that the price of a house will be higher when more people want to buy it?  RU 4realz?

Ridiculous.  The young are more than compensated for inflation with rising wages.  Did you ever work?  Did you get raises?  Were you raises keeping up with inflation?  Or...

Funny...  somehow young people's wages haven't kept up:

Lol, you're gauging the standard of living by house prices?  That's your basket?
Bro, do you realize that population has at least doubled since you were a kid?  For house prices to stay the same, we'd have to make houses smaller (we don't) or colonize another planet for moar, u know, 4 Lebensraum Cheesy

And the price of rice in China is...  lol  Seriously, explain to me why house prices have to be smaller?  Are we running out of land?  Are your kids getting smaller?

Did you think real estate prices are going up because there's a greater supply and a lower demand?  If twice as many people need to share this planet, each one of us would, naturally, get a smaller slice.  Since selfish pricks like myself aren't willing to let squatters onto our land, that means the rest needs to be divvied up into smaller parcels still.  So TL;DR yeah, real estate prices are going up.  It has nothing to do with FRB or inflation, and everything to do with increased demand without an equally greater supply.  To somewhat make up for it, a ...computer, let's say, costs a bit less than its equivalent did in the 90s.  Basic stuff again, bro, I shouldn't have to explain this Smiley

I lived in NYC for a big chunk of my life.  Rent is pretty brutal there -- I'm sure I was paying a bigger portion of my income for my apartment than some guy in Iowa.  Though I wouldn't say that my standard of living was lower.
See how things work?  

Hey beef chops, care to cite any real data to support what you say?  Or we're supposed to just believe you? 
Here is a real options trader worth following: http://www.fooledbyrandomness.com/

Yeah I'm a big fan of Taleb.  What does this have to do with the topic? 

Well if you understood Taleb then you would realise that options trading is not an option.

Umm, I don't change my life just cause I like someones writing.  Taleb made his money trading options so I don't know what you are referring to.  He just had an extreme way to trade options

Nah mate, he bets against people like you. lol.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Here is a real options trader worth following: http://www.fooledbyrandomness.com/

Well if you understood Taleb then you would realise that options trading is not an option.

Umm, I don't change my life just cause I like someones writing.  Taleb made his money trading options so I don't know what you are referring to.  He just had an extreme way to trade options

Inflation steals from everyone.  But it's worse than that - rising property prices steal from the young and disadvantaged people.

Ridiculous.  The young are more than compensated for inflation with rising wages.  Did you ever work?  Did you get raises?  Were you raises keeping up with inflation?  Or...

Funny...  somehow young people's wages haven't kept up:

Lol, you're gauging the standard of living by house prices?  That's your basket?
Bro, do you realize that population has at least doubled since you were a kid?  For house prices to stay the same, we'd have to make houses smaller (we don't) or colonize another planet for moar, u know, 4 Lebensraum Cheesy

And the price of rice in China is...  lol  Seriously, explain to me why house prices have to be smaller?  Are we running out of land?  Are your kids getting smaller?

Did you think real estate prices are going up because there's a greater supply and a lower demand?  If twice as many people need to share this planet, each one of us would, naturally, get a smaller slice.  Since selfish pricks like myself aren't willing to let squatters onto our land, that means the rest needs to be divvied up into smaller parcels still.  So TL;DR yeah, real estate prices are going up.  It has nothing to do with FRB or inflation, and everything to do with increased demand without an equally greater supply.  To somewhat make up for it, a ...computer, let's say, costs a bit less than its equivalent did in the 90s.  Basic stuff again, bro, I shouldn't have to explain this Smiley

I lived in NYC for a big chunk of my life.  Rent is pretty brutal there -- I'm sure I was paying a bigger portion of my income for my apartment than some guy in Iowa.  Though I wouldn't say that my standard of living was lower.
See how things work?  
You asked "Explain me one thing: how can I pump up ozziecoin when it has zero value..."
I explained.
You forget to thank me and start sperging about fiat.  Again.

Rudeness Angry

You still haven't explained this:

While the minimum wage was equivalent to 14 per cent of the mean house price in 1993, it is now at less than 7.5 per cent.
ACTU secretary Dave Oliver said a 250 per cent increase in average house prices in the past 20 years had made it impossible for those earning minimum wages to buy a home.
"For those on a low wage, home ownership is a now pipedream," he said. "Someone on a minimum wage of $622 per week has enough to cover their basic costs and that's about it. These workers tell us it's impossible to save up a deposit, let alone afford the weekly repayments."
Mr Oliver said the minimum wage had increased by 91.2 per cent from 1993 to last year, and would have needed to rise by 254.7 per cent - $1154.42 a week or $60,029.84 a year - to keep up with house prices.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/actu-to-seek-rise-in-minimum-wages-as-home-ownership-becomes-a-pipedream-20140324-35eb1.html#ixzz31Sg7UvWC

[four fingers tapping on table repeatedly...]

Please share with us your wisdom.  lol.

The difference between Bitcoin and your typical pump and dump, however, is that the underlying innovation cryptocurrency is fundamentally groundbreaking and revolutionary which makes bitcoin an interesting case.

And this is exactly why we're doing everything we can to introduce the concept of the Blockchain to the community over here in Australia.  

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

Disgusting 80s failbears only bring poverty, tears and despair.  You know why you don't see them around anymore?  Yeah, that's right.  They're doing time for buttraping defenseless shota.  Here's a mugshot of one of those disgusting deviants:

Thanks for nothing.  Pervert Angry

Wow just wow. The utility of this conversation is rapidly approaching 0.
I think I will bow out and leave you to your illusion that all is well in fiat land.

Good Day
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
I'm an options trader w background in economics & finance.  I'm here to warn people to stay away cause some bucket shop operation phoned up my very old and retired father to try to sell BTC investments.  I get the feeling that the Bitcoin world is full of scammers as bad if not worse than Wall Street.  

I've seen the same crap in penny stock land all the time.  Wolves pumping & dumping on newbies.  Like you pumping your ozziecoin

I am surprised your father is getting cold calls regarding Bitcoin. I would have thought it was far too new for such things.

I agree that Bitcoin has a lot of pyramid/ponzi features built into it and very well may end in tears for a lot of investors (but I think the price is likely to go much higher before that happens). I own all of 1 Bitcoin which I bought to familiarize myself with the technology so I guess that technically makes me a Bitcoin investor.

The difference between Bitcoin and your typical pump and dump, however, is that the underlying innovation cryptocurrency is fundamentally groundbreaking and revolutionary which makes bitcoin an interesting case.

In that case don't shit up this thread with your posts.  You cite yourself as a primary source -- only on bitcointalk, folks Cheesy

[angry, scathing words]

References:
[Austrian School, lol

^See?  There's your problem Smiley

Awww don't cry. I know the links are hard to understand. Look there's a rainbow

Disgusting 80s failbears only bring poverty, tears and despair.  You know why you don't see them around anymore?  Yeah, that's right.  They're doing time for buttraping defenseless shota.  Here's a mugshot of one of those disgusting deviants:

Thanks for nothing.  Pervert Angry
Activity: 784
Merit: 500

You asked "Explain me one thing: how can I pump up ozziecoin when it has zero value..."
I explained.
You forget to thank me and start sperging about fiat.  Again.

Rudeness Angry
Pages:
Jump to: