Pages:
Author

Topic: France declares war on the cryptocurrencies - page 3. (Read 1107 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Really I even didn't know it? if its true then tell them to rather declare war against terrorists Wink
Activity: 266
Merit: 105
I read on news that

"The French finance minister has called for tough new regulations on cryptocurrencies to stop them being used to dodge tax or finance terrorism and other crimes"
Source ( http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/15/france-declares-war-cryptocurrencies-bitcoin-ethereum-litecoin-ripple-tough-new-stance-lead-ban-7231339/?ito=cbshare)

Is this having any impact on the downtrend nature of the whole Crypto Currency market today?
Are some investors having second thought about crypto and selling them?

Would like to get some idea about this.

as long as they don't ban bitcoin from big countries such as france i think regulation should just be fine because i notice when there's a new news regarding regulation of bitcoin there are some small dips but it can catch up easily later on unlike in a total ban where correction on the market will happen instantly.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
I read on news that

"The French finance minister has called for tough new regulations on cryptocurrencies to stop them being used to dodge tax or finance terrorism and other crimes"
Source ( http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/15/france-declares-war-cryptocurrencies-bitcoin-ethereum-litecoin-ripple-tough-new-stance-lead-ban-7231339/?ito=cbshare)

Is this having any impact on the downtrend nature of the whole Crypto Currency market today?
Are some investors having second thought about crypto and selling them?

Would like to get some idea about this.

Declaring a war on cryptocurrencies is like declaring a war on different bitcoins holder. There are a lot of people today who are investing on cryptocurrency and if government will just immediately ban bitcoins on their country then a lot of companies will crash and the number of their enemies will increase.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
Sorry, Mister Lemaire, but you lost  Grin

https://www.coindesk.com/financial-stability-board-downplays-crypto-impact-on-global-finance/

This is a very good new for the cryptoworld !

He is just a board adviser, also his statement really brings weight to cryptosphere. But its the G20 member who will make the final say as to whether or how are they going to put regulations.

France and Germany has been the making noises in the G20 thing and they are proposing like one regulatory body globally. So we have to wait what's going to be the outcome, because I'm sure that France will raise the issue of terrorism an criminality financing via cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
Why? did btcs do anything harmfull to the france and its economy or people??

they are afraid of money laundering and terrorism financing via cryptocurrencies. though fiat money are widely used too for criminal activity.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Not a good news. We already had good news when it happens thailand to recognize it and then in france its not accepted. It could affect the price eventually
. Let us just observe what could then be the effect if it for the better or not. Let us prepare ourselves and deal with it.
Activity: 586
Merit: 317
Sorry, Mister Lemaire, but you lost  Grin

https://www.coindesk.com/financial-stability-board-downplays-crypto-impact-on-global-finance/

This is a very good new for the cryptoworld !
Activity: 55
I don't understand the point? They should have just banned it in their country if they want why are they doing to totally abolish btcs?
Activity: 266
I wonder do governments have nothing else to deal with? Inflation, unemployment, poverty, poor social services are real problems, but they only think of how to have their power again and again. I'm actually for regulations, but sensible, we can really use the technology properly!
Activity: 24
Why? did btcs do anything harmfull to the france and its economy or people??
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
Any country that tries to stop innovation will have a much harder time ahead that those who embrace change and are able to create an ecosystem for their economy to grow.

This. The French are always terrified of innovation and keep trying to ban new things - and it's resulted in them having an unemployment rate of 8.9%. Because there are no new businesses emerging to replace the old dying ones.
Most people are afraid of innovation, just look at what happened with computers, at the beginning no one wanted to use computers and now if you refuse to use them you are going to be fired, however people were right about their fears for this new technology computers have replaced humans in many jobs and they will keep doing that for a long time, so I cannot blame those people that are fearful of innovation.
Activity: 57
They showed the real bravery now. they are doing right and I will support them if evenn no one does
Activity: 150
Merit: 2
It's a war that has already ended. ACtually, France - or any other coutry alone - cad do very little to stop the use of cryptocurrencies.
Of course it can declare it illegal in its territory, but in no way can stop its use online.
So, let the politicians make big claim, and move on.
Activity: 196
the news seems to be valid only in France because now World fever with Krypto so there is nothing to worry about the statement. because Now is his era of Krypto
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Any country that tries to stop innovation will have a much harder time ahead that those who embrace change and are able to create an ecosystem for their economy to grow.

This. The French are always terrified of innovation and keep trying to ban new things - and it's resulted in them having an unemployment rate of 8.9%. Because there are no new businesses emerging to replace the old dying ones.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
If this is true, then this is bad news for holders of crypto coins - France has high authority and I am afraid that many countries will follow suit.
I doubt that other countries will follow the France's authorities action. After all, cryptocurrencies just prove their worthiness in today's time. Maybe its just another attempt ban that may lead to regulation as other countries having trouble doing ban on cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 432
Merit: 126
If many of their fellow countrymen are into cryptos, this is a big trouble indeed. We know that France is one of the progressive country in the world. They are just being safe in trading with different crytos, as what they want is to make it more legal. Some talk of the town that cryptis re being used in different illegal works. Ofcourse if this is not regulated, those crime starters have nothing to worry of caught in the act or be imprisoned in doing this because there is no evidence that can be presented. But still we should just respect the countries jurisdiction about it
Activity: 99
Because Europe wants to be more aggressive to compete with the U.S. and China. France agreed last month on stricter rules to prevent money laundering and terrorism financing on exchange platforms for bitcoin and other virtual currencies.
Activity: 168
Most people are afraid of innovation, just look at what's happening on the computer, no one USES it at first, and now if you refuse to use them, you'll be fired.

But the fear of this new technology is that the right computers have replaced human beings in many jobs, and they will always do that, so I can't blame those who fear innovation.
Activity: 148
Merit: 1
The stock photography revolution
If this is true, then this is bad news for holders of crypto coins - France has high authority and I am afraid that many countries will follow suit.
Pages:
Jump to: