Pages:
Author

Topic: [FRC] - Difficulty Adjustment fork SUCCESSFUL! - page 4. (Read 15849 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/

These guys are calculating the profitability right but the diff is wrong.

Nope there is glitch or something... block reward column.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

dustcoin also still showing 148k diff... 
It's normal - it shows diff of last block found not of upcoming block. You only see that while mining.
Also applies to getdifficulty within wallet.
I noticed this when I (evil as I am) was working on a small script to jump onto TRC mining when its diff is below 20k and off when it was above. Using the cgminer API for this. Worked like a charm, but because of not being able to find the diff of the block in making I was always one block off :-)
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
That'd be unlikely but nice Tongue

looks like someone else got it... congrats!

OK, so what happens now...  i didn't see the diff drop. can someone lay out what will happen to the diff in the comming days in laymens terms? 
There's still the prize of the TV Linux neXgen boy for the finder of block 28336, valued at ~7500FRC

ME ME ME ME!
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

OK, so what happens now...  i didn't see the diff drop. can someone lay out what will happen to the diff in the comming days in laymens terms? 
There's still the prize of the TV Linux neXgen boy for the finder of block 28336, valued at ~7500FRC
That's it!  Smiley

Let me check...

Nah...  It ain't me Smiley  It's contributor mavric at coin-o-tron actually, too bad the pool is keeping the transaction fees.

I'm going for block 28336!

My freicoin client API is also reading 148K difficulty.

Block 28335 was solved by Coinotron. 1000 FRC goes to user mavric ! As soon as block 28335 reaches 120 confirmations Wink

THANKS COINOTRON for supporting FRC!

Can you add the profitability for FRC to Cointron now?
Watch the hashrate rise now... woot!
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
bfgminer reporting 37k here too
legendary
Activity: 1876
I edited my post, but since a few more added in the meantime, here's my findings

That's clearly a bug in the API.

Difficulty report 148K.  Packed difficulty from Getwork report convert to 37.3K.  The "target" from getwork is also correct.  Just the "Difficulty" as floating point representation is wrong.  TODO... Devs!  Smiley

It's not a bug per se, that is what the API "getdifficulty" does. It provides the difficulty of the most recent block. That is not the same as the difficulty of the block currently being worked on. For anyone that relies on "current" difficulty you need to compute it off the the target yourself. It's really obvious in coins like TRC where the difficulty changes every block, esp if you use a payment system that relies on block difficulty/reward (like DGM).

Places like coinchoose/dustcoin should be calculating difficulty for their charts from the target or packed bits, not from 'getdifficulty'.

That explains is very nicely... Thank you.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I edited my post, but since a few more added in the meantime, here's my findings

Difficulty report 148K.  Packed difficulty from Getwork report convert to 37.3K.  The "target" from getwork is also correct.  Just the "Difficulty" as floating point representation is wrong.  TODO... Devs!  Smiley

It's not a bug per se, that is what the API "getdifficulty" does. It provides the difficulty of the most recent block. That is not the same as the difficulty of the block currently being worked on. For anyone that relies on "current" difficulty you need to compute it off the the target yourself. It's really obvious in coins like TRC where the difficulty changes every block, esp if you use a payment system that relies on block difficulty/reward (like DGM).

Places like coinchoose/dustcoin should be calculating difficulty for their charts from the target or packed bits, not from 'getdifficulty'.
Activity: 378
That's it!  Smiley

Let me check...

Nah...  It ain't me Smiley  It's contributor mavric at coin-o-tron actually, too bad the pool is keeping the transaction fees.

Block 28335 was solved by Coinotron. 1000 FRC goes to user mavric ! As soon as block 28335 reaches 120 confirmations Wink

Nice!  Thanks Smiley
legendary

Difficulty report 148K.  Packed difficulty from Getwork report convert to 37.3K.  The "target" from getwork is also correct.  Just the "Difficulty" as floating point representation is wrong.  TODO... Devs!  Smiley

nicely done.. thank you.. i confirmed that my cgminer is also reporting 37k:

Connected to 192.168.1.102 diff 37.3K without

Difficulty report 148K.  Packed difficulty from Getwork report convert to 37.3K.  The "target" from getwork is also correct.  Just the "Difficulty" as floating point representation is wrong.  TODO... Devs!  Smiley
legendary

dustcoin also still showing 148k diff... 
legendary
Activity: 1182
That's it!  Smiley

Let me check...

legendary
Activity: 1182
Coinotron's  FRC client shows:

freicoind getdifficulty
That's it!  Smiley

Let me check...

Edit:  That's clearly a bug in the API.

legendary

OK, so what happens now...  i didn't see the diff drop. can someone lay out what will happen to the diff in the comming days in laymens terms?  
The difficulty is reading 37.3K in cgminer.

interesting, my wallet api is reading:  148449.14813958

10:10:24

getdifficulty

10:10:24

I downloaded and installed the most recent version just a couple of days ago.....
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

OK, so what happens now...  i didn't see the diff drop. can someone lay out what will happen to the diff in the comming days in laymens terms?  
The difficulty is reading 37.3K in cgminer.
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: