Pages:
Author

Topic: Free money available - page 2. (Read 7008 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
August 03, 2015, 09:41:23 AM
It might be wise to sell all private asset shorts for the time being. Looks like we need one more test of the resistance to the upside before the next move downwards in Sept-Oct. Also it appears the low in private assets won't be until Spring 2016, as we need to allow time for the October kickoff of the contagion in Europe to spread into liquidity crisis and selloff globally with capital rushing into the dollar as the safe haven...

It might even be wise to reestablish some long positions for the time being. There may be a possibility of the Bitcoin price moving above $320 and staying below the next zone of resistance.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35597

While gold elected the Monthly Bearish at 1155, we did so well below that level, yet holding the 1084 number both weekly and monthly. Our energy models are turning positive so it does not appear we will get major follow-through at this time. When you elect a Bearish Reversal that far from the number, you typically bounce back to retest it before proceeding further.

We have a Directional Change back to back for August and September and July was a turning point. So, we may see a reaction to the upside to flush out the shorts at this time since we have excessive bearishness building in the press as the WSJ comment that gold is the “pet rock”.

A reaction rally at this point BEFORE new lows will relieve the short positions but this is not likely to last beyond September. Therefore we are more likely than not going to see the final decline stage into the Benchmarks [now].

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35556

We must always play it by the numbers and time. Nothing else matters at the end of the day. Clearly, gold is not in such a Waterfall Event no matter how bearish everyone gets. We have moved beyond the 3 year window from 2011 and the Yearly Bearish Reversal at $681 has held. To make that final low in gold, the vast majority have to write off gold entirely and regard it as the WSJ just did – nothing more than a “pet rock”. So as the bearishness builds, this is good for establishing character separating the traders from the fools who just believe propaganda and trade fundamentally. But the hate mails still come in and this warns the tree must still be shaken. When they stop, then the market will be ready to rebound but only on short-covering – not new longs. So expect no sudden news of a huge buyer to save the day. That will NEVER happen. The low is made by massive shorts just as highs are made by fools rushing in an believe the propaganda of the promoters at the top.

... [click the url to read all]

Those targets for the low in gold are in the International Precious Metals Report that warns of the final decline. We are NOT looking for the low in gold to be on October 1 either. If that materialized, it would be extremely profound. However, the more likely event will be the rush to cash completing the final Flight to Quality.

How high gold will rise from a major low depends upon the entire political landscape but more importantly, the technical projections and the Reversals generated from that low. Will we still have a free market for gold? Or will gold move entirely underground, deemed the money of “terrorists” in an attempt to hunt down business conducted off the grid?  This we will cover for the future rally in the next Special Report.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35582

Government would not necessarily travel door to door to confiscate gold. They would more likely than not employ the same tactic as in the past – just outlaw transactions in gold to avoid taxes which might even include BitCoin. That would be the way they set the stage for confiscating anything that is avoiding taxation which they now call money laundering with up to 20 years in prison. This is now all about them – not you.

Such schemes against tax-avoidance would not be merely a target against gold alone. It would be against anything taking place in a tax-exempt atmosphere.

Activity: 157
Merit: 1
July 30, 2015, 09:28:44 AM
theres no such thing as a free lunch last time I checked.

there is no such thing as free money.

Absolute nonsense

The FED is rolling on the ground laughing, right now

haha yea true that lol
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
July 30, 2015, 06:22:17 AM
Sorry to say, but the title of this thread is very deceitful. It is great that you are a follower of Martin Armstrong, so am I, but that does not necessarily mean that all his predictions come true. As you know, he often changes his predictions down the road (an example is his recent turnaround on diamonds).

In addition, I see no reason why Bitcoin should follow the exact pattern of global markets such as the euro, commodities like oil or gold, or anything else. As Luthier has shown, Bitcoin has not followed the same price patterns at all as other commodities during the last 6 months. Another important point is that the Bitcoin market cap is completely meaningless if you compare it to the market cap of for example gold or oil. The people behind it, the people owning large chunks of Bitcoin are also a completely different group than institutional investors with different ambitions and long term goals.

I am not saying here you are wrong. You could be right. However, the way you present your information is very misleading for newbies. There is absolutely no guarantee that your predictions will unfold. Looking at the current market sentiment and the last six months you actually have the odds against you.

Last but not least, put your money where you mouth is and show us a printscreen of your shorts. Otherwise it will only look as incitement to other people.

He is on record on another thread saying he has sold his bitcoin and doesn't use leverage.

Advising others to use leverage whilst not taking the risk yourself. Sounds legit!
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
July 30, 2015, 04:22:20 AM
Sorry to say, but the title of this thread is very deceitful. It is great that you are a follower of Martin Armstrong, so am I, but that does not necessarily mean that all his predictions come true. As you know, he often changes his predictions down the road (an example is his recent turnaround on diamonds).

In addition, I see no reason why Bitcoin should follow the exact pattern of global markets such as the euro, commodities like oil or gold, or anything else. As Luthier has shown, Bitcoin has not followed the same price patterns at all as other commodities during the last 6 months. Another important point is that the Bitcoin market cap is completely meaningless if you compare it to the market cap of for example gold or oil. The people behind it, the people owning large chunks of Bitcoin are also a completely different group than institutional investors with different ambitions and long term goals.

I am not saying here you are wrong. You could be right. However, the way you present your information is very misleading for newbies. There is absolutely no guarantee that your predictions will unfold. Looking at the current market sentiment and the last six months you actually have the odds against you.

Last but not least, put your money where you mouth is and show us a printscreen of your shorts. Otherwise it will only look as incitement to other people.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
July 29, 2015, 06:56:29 PM
theres no such thing as a free lunch last time I checked.

Absolute nonsense

The FED is rolling on the ground laughing, right now
Activity: 157
Merit: 1
July 29, 2015, 06:33:22 PM

Absolute nonsense
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
July 29, 2015, 05:17:44 PM
how is the Martin Armstrong Discussion a free money?

someone explain to me in simple words. please... theres no such thing as a free lunch last time I checked.
Activity: 73
Merit: 15
July 29, 2015, 01:05:27 PM
Serious question: why do you think btc is correlated with gold or other commodities? Armstrong may be correct about a macroeconomic cycle but get bitcoin completely wrong.

[1] the reason I say that is because the Euro is preparing to gap down starting roughly in September or October. Or you short the Euro. I didn't run the numbers on that. I had BTC and needed to make a decision on my BTC. I don't have a brokerage account any more.

Go to stockcharts.com and run a 1 year chart on $EURUSD, then $GOLD, then $BRENT. Then go run a 1 year chart of BTC.

You see all dumped at the same time starting in August 2014.  All these assets are correlated at this time.

Kiss

2015 tells a different story.  Orange line is XAUUSD
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
July 29, 2015, 12:50:42 PM
There's not much money to make unless you are holding a decent amount enough selling.
If you've got a couple of BTC only like most of us, the risk you are taking by selling now when no one knows if the price is about to burst into 400 territory or not in the near future is in my opinion not worth the headache.
Of course if it goes really low everyone will buy in, but risking your current BTC is not worth it imo. It's a gamble. Any whale can make this market shake up or down, its still the pioneer days. 4 billion marketcap is nothing.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
July 28, 2015, 02:25:37 PM
Has anyone really listened to this 'prophet'? Not a good time to short hard on bitcoin.

I don't follow many people on this forum, but TPTB (aka Anonymint) is someone worth listening too. His comprehension and ability to crystallize information from diverse (and relevant) sources is impressive to say the least.

Any threads wherein he proved his credibility? Actually, I'm kinda interested on what the OP states. It's just that I have some trust issues given that this is the internet.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
July 28, 2015, 02:19:45 PM
Has anyone really listened to this 'prophet'? Not a good time to short hard on bitcoin.

I don't follow many people on this forum, but TPTB (aka Anonymint) is someone worth listening too. His comprehension and ability to crystallize information from diverse (and relevant) sources is impressive to say the least.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
July 28, 2015, 01:11:18 PM
Not the rally you want to be shorting, IMO.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Great graphs. Has anyone really listened to this 'prophet'? Not a good time to short hard on bitcoin.
legendary
July 28, 2015, 12:57:12 PM
I know it's painful to have lost the opportunity to be an early adopter

I think even if you buy today, you can still be considered an early adopter.  Cheesy

Bitcoin is still in its infancy, don't forget.

I agree. Maybe I should have said a "very early adopter".
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
TaurusBit.com Administrator
July 28, 2015, 08:11:49 AM
I know it's painful to have lost the opportunity to be an early adopter

I think even if you buy today, you can still be considered an early adopter.  Cheesy

Bitcoin is still in its infancy, don't forget.
Merit: 262
July 28, 2015, 05:38:04 AM

It is all over. $20 here we come...

Roll Eyes I know it's painful to have lost the opportunity to be an early adopter, but this is just sad. And it's also wrong, because someone could take you seriously.

Liars who quote out-of-context have no credibility:

Actually I don't think we will hit $20. I am thinking higher double-digits.

The only sad outcome is going to be when you (and inca) hide under a rock after I am correct and call out you (and inca) by name in this thread coming soon...
legendary
July 28, 2015, 05:37:23 AM

Roll Eyes I know it's painful to have lost the opportunity to be an early adopter, but this is just sad. And it's also wrong, because someone could take you seriously.
well its still possible to go to 20 dollars if the people who stole from exchanges and satoshi decide to start dumping their coins in enormous amounts, even though it has small chances of happening, its still possible

People dont tend to deliberately waste money.

All these doomer threads have one thing in common, an OP who failed to buy in at lower levels and hopes the price will crash allowing history to repeat and enrich them in the process. Far more delusionary than bulls like me suggesting the price will rise commensurate with the next adoption wave.
Merit: 250
July 28, 2015, 05:03:21 AM

well its still possible to go to 20 dollars if the people who stole from exchanges and satoshi decide to start dumping their coins in enormous amounts, even though it has small chances of happening, its still possible
legendary
July 28, 2015, 02:50:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
July 26, 2015, 05:22:55 PM
Bitcoin was already in a bear market on that date.

A look at the charts from January 2015 tells a different story.

The big dump was all correlated. Since then it is has been record low volatility (thus not relevant) up until the recent rise up to test the long-term trend line at $315 which proved to be resistance again.

...unless we break decisively over $320 and run up and beyond $400.

This is about to happen chief.
legendary
July 26, 2015, 05:15:47 PM
Pages:
Jump to: