Pages:
Author

Topic: Free money available - page 4. (Read 7008 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
July 24, 2015, 12:36:25 PM
Are you not afraid that you misread the bitcoin market ? In my opinion very few weak hands are left and most of the coins that are held now are bought either before the rally in the end of 2013 or shortly before and after the crash to 150$. That means most of the people are still(surprisingly) or almost in the green, even the people that joined after the November 2013 rally and timed their buys not in an amateurish way. Could it be that bitcoin is too small for such strong macroeconomic effects to have this impact ?

In the end most of the current holders are bulls that value their coins much higher than the current price, at least that is what i assume. Maybe i am naive.

Edit: I am fucking tempted to sell a small portion if it gets up again over 300$, just in case you are correct.

Some diversification doesn't hurt. Even if you lose some BTC, you didn't lose value in dollars which is the real world for now any way.

Fighting against ingrained ideological delusion is important for rational investing. Hey I think crypto-currency has a lot of upside, but I am not married to anything like the looney ideologs who hatetard on any injection of alternatives to their to-the-moon psychosis. I try to look rationally at the situation and hedge according to appraisals of probabilities.

To your specific point, I doubt anyone has been buying BTC who wasn't doubling down on past mistakes of buying too high. Those who bought $10 or below have their fill and have been diversifying some to buy castles and Ferrari's. The mass media has not been pushing Bitcoin lately. Why would newbies be buying?

Newcomers buying for use reasons, e.g. money transfers or to buy goods anonymous, would instead only buy what they need to spend.

The greater fools don't buy low, so why would they be rushing in now in a declining market with bad press?

The capitulation of the diehards, who finally short at the bottom is how we reach a bottom. I have to see inca cry uncle or disappear, then I know we are at the bottom.

I believe what is happening now is the destruction of all the hatetards. So I am advising those who want to come out the other side. But I could be wrong? (not likely)

You are talking to yourself and talk is cheap. Post evidence of your own skin in the game or shuffle off.

I would repeat caution to anyone reading this. Any form of leverage is an extremely good way of losing all your capital. Those who have actually been in the markets or traded with any degree of risk management or attempted capital preservation know this too well.

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
July 24, 2015, 12:29:49 PM
Are you not afraid that you misread the bitcoin market ? In my opinion very few weak hands are left and most of the coins that are held now are bought either before the rally in the end of 2013 or shortly before and after the crash to 150$. That means most of the people are still(surprisingly) or almost in the green, even the people that joined after the November 2013 rally and timed their buys not in an amateurish way. Could it be that bitcoin is too small for such strong macroeconomic effects to have this impact ?

In the end most of the current holders are bulls that value their coins much higher than the current price, at least that is what i assume. Maybe i am naive.

Edit: I am fucking tempted to sell a small portion if it gets up again over 300$, just in case you are correct.

Some diversification doesn't hurt. Even if you lose some BTC, you didn't lose value in dollars which is the real world for now any way.

Fighting against ingrained ideological delusion is important for rational investing. Hey I think crypto-currency has a lot of upside, but I am not married to anything like the looney ideologs who hatetard on any injection of alternatives to their to-the-moon psychosis. I try to look rationally at the situation and hedge according to appraisals of probabilities.

To your specific point, I doubt anyone has been buying BTC who wasn't doubling down on past mistakes of buying too high. Those who bought $10 or below have their fill and have been diversifying some to buy castles and Ferrari's. The mass media has not been pushing Bitcoin lately. Why would newbies be buying?

Newcomers buying for use reasons, e.g. money transfers or to buy goods anonymous, would instead only buy what they need to spend.

The greater fools don't buy low, so why would they be rushing in now in a declining market with negative media coverage?

The capitulation of the diehards, who finally short at the bottom is how we reach a bottom. I have to see inca cry uncle or disappear, then I know we are at the bottom. CONFIDENCE is all they have. Once that is broken, then we get the stampede towards short.

I believe what is happening now is the destruction of all the hatetards. So I am advising those who want to come out the other side. But I could be wrong? (not likely)
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086
July 24, 2015, 12:19:00 PM
You all are getting excited because of a 10$ increase ?

The higher it goes, the less margin you need to short it and not get a margin call due to volatility to the upside, before the implosion.

Again no guarantees. But obviously I feel confident enough that I sold to dollars at $315 all Bitcoin.

It's not only risky for those reasons, it's just generally risky to leave Bitcoins on exchanges long term no matter what, at least until a serious exchange like Gemini where you can trust it will not disappear overnight is available. Until then, leaving long term positions opened specially with serious amounts of Bitcoin is simply insane for my taste. Good luck tho, im sure there is big money to be made by taking such risks, but there is also tons of money to be lost, as always. Id rather hold trough it.

Agreed it much safer to sell to dollars. Even if Bitcoin goes up, you didn't lose your dollar value. And the dollar is appreciating.

July 24, 2015, 12:08:37 PM

The higher it goes, the less margin you need to short it and not get a margin call due to volatility to the upside, before the implosion. Another gift from perma-bull-tards.

Note gold also inched higher, but small cap global private assets are still in bearish mode.

Again no guarantees. But obviously I feel confident enough that I sold to dollars at $315 all Bitcoin.

It's not only risky for those reasons, it's just generally risky to leave Bitcoins on exchanges long term no matter what, at least until a serious exchange like Gemini where you can trust it will not disappear overnight is available. Until then, leaving long term positions opened specially with serious amounts of Bitcoin is simply insane for my taste. Good luck tho, im sure there is big money to be made by taking such risks, but there is also tons of money to be lost, as always. Id rather hold trough it.

Agreed it much safer to sell to dollars. Even if Bitcoin goes up, you didn't lose your dollar value. And the dollar is appreciating.

Trading large positions on margin with a time frame of 'several months' is not a good idea for multiple reasons.
Interest rates will eat away at your money and it is very risky to leave your position open for that long.

I did that calculation for holding 3 months it was roughly 4X leverage if I put up $70 of margin at $315, i.e. 400% potential gains over just selling to dollars.

Had I entered the trade at $315, and exited recently in the $260s, that was incredible leverage. I actually was arguing with someone who talked me out of doing the trade. Perhaps I should trust my own instincts, but he was correct that my upside is my coding talent and I shouldn't get defocused.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1004
July 24, 2015, 12:07:05 PM
Want some free money? Short gold and BTC with a several month timeline.
Trading large positions on margin with a time frame of 'several months' is not a good idea for multiple reasons.
Interest rates will eat away at your money and it is very risky to leave your position open for that long.

I'm also sure that bitcoin will go both up and down, in several months that is...

I am a sort of prophet.
lol, ok.

July 24, 2015, 11:55:15 AM
It's not over until the fat lady sings.

Some peoplegreater-fool-glossy-eyed-fanboiz here will eat their words as usual.

We may get another bounce up for a double-top at $320 ($315 realizable trade)?

By borrowing BTC and selling on bitfinex. The leverage you can get is dependent on how much % over your selling price you want to hold a reserve to prevent a margin call.

I almost did it, but decided I have better upside in what I am working on. So it wasn't worth the risk to me (not only unexpected volatility to the upside, also bitfinex solvency or the market price moving faster than bitfinex can execute margin calls), but in your case depending how desperate you are, it might be worth the risk if we bounce up again before declining.

I am fairly certain we will decline, but I can't be sure we won't see prices above $320 and below $400 before going down. Above $400, I would declare myself incorrect and eat the losses.

Some people said you can trade on bitfinex and even sell for $usd without doing KYC as long as you don't withdraw fiat. I didn't want to risk that, because it appears it is a discretionary policy.

Inca and his ilk, are those inane hatetards who will be licking my a$$ for a few drops of fermented nutrition in the future.

But, but, but,....Martin Armstrong!!! lol

The lol will be all mine.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
July 24, 2015, 09:58:46 AM
I don't understand about your post. Where is free money you said about ?

he is referring about the opportunity to earn big through trading, because the pattern seems very clear now

basically the reversal trend is pretty much settled and i don't agree in shorting now
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
July 24, 2015, 09:32:47 AM
I hope no one listened to this 'sort of prophet' and just lost a lot of money.

Sure, that's it.
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086
July 24, 2015, 09:31:27 AM

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
July 24, 2015, 09:20:04 AM

legendary
Activity: 1176
July 24, 2015, 09:01:45 AM

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
July 24, 2015, 07:12:03 AM
Not the rally you want to be shorting, IMO.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

strong post!
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
July 24, 2015, 03:15:11 AM
nice OP posted only a link to another thread
8up
Activity: 618
Merit: 500
July 24, 2015, 03:05:59 AM
I agree with you, that the overall situation looks really bad. But bitcoin already had it's 85% downfall. && don't forget: bitcoin is also a hedge for gold!

Sometimes b/g go hand in hand and sometimes they go separated.

Edit: Short the hell out of bitcoin and you will be rewarded for your courage. There is no need to convince us!
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
July 24, 2015, 02:42:10 AM
Top post Bassclef....

Activity: 303
July 24, 2015, 02:40:12 AM
I don't understand about your post. Where is free money you said about ?
Activity: 924
July 23, 2015, 11:12:38 PM
Not the rally you want to be shorting, IMO.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
July 23, 2015, 07:43:18 PM
Want some free money? Short gold and BTC with a several month timeline.

I'm also sure that bitcoin will go both up and down, in several months that is...

I am a sort of prophet.
lol, ok.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
July 23, 2015, 06:51:51 PM
So to sum it up quickly: A prediction of both a BTC and GOLD sellout is being made for about half August and you are recommending selling off about now and buying back at "double digits"? I don't know man. Seems like a big risk to me.
Im invested in 2 other crypto related projects (they are still technically coins) that I like and I hope by that time if it happens, those will appreciate as BTC goes on that dip.
Activity: 379
July 23, 2015, 06:20:06 PM
OP put your money where your mouth is and take out a large short position, post a screenshot here as proof and then lap up the idolatry and adulation when your price target hits and bitcoin collapses.

Trying to convince others to short a hypervolatile commodity based on the flimsy premise that you are 'a kind of prophet' smacks a little of insanity.

The forum is still eagerly awaiting delivery of your bitcoin killer..

I'm with Inca on this. let's see proof that you're shorting serious money.
Pages:
Jump to: