Pages:
Author

Topic: FREEWALLET.ORG - Scam Alert - page 3. (Read 563 times)

Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
April 05, 2021, 06:40:20 AM
Hi! If you check Mr. Musk's tweets, you can see that we took care of his account immediately.

Because elon's tweet can make you lose 99% of your users in just one minute. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5628
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
April 05, 2021, 06:36:44 AM
How could a app in the apple store have the potential of doing something like this. I’m so stupid . Life savings gone . Please free wallet don’t do this

If it is true that you really sent such a large amount to someone without first checking what kind of service it is then you are in big trouble whether you get your money back or not. That service has a pretty bad reputation with its pretty intensive KYC checks, but don't think that a similar request wouldn't have happened to you if you had sent that same amount to any custodial wallet / exchange - everyone would ask you to identify yourself and prove the origin of the money.

As for the Apple App Store, I don't know why you think there are only well-intentioned apps there? As in the Google Play Store, there are apps that have malicious intent - we recently had a case where a fake app for the Trezor hardware wallet appeared. Unlike your situation, everyone who download it and entered their seed lost everything they had, so consider yourself lucky to have a chance to get your coins back.

See more info here -> A fake app in apple app store stole his life savings in bitcoin
Activity: 551
Merit: 11
April 05, 2021, 06:32:46 AM
FreeWallet are scammers, they stole Elon Musk money & i don't recommend anyone to use it.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5316100
This is their profile https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/freewallet-1177176
Good luck recovering your money.

Hi! If you check Mr. Musk's tweets, you can see that we took care of his account immediately.
Activity: 551
Merit: 11
April 05, 2021, 06:26:22 AM
Hello, I downloaded freewallet app on iOS and didn’t read the reviews like an idiot!! I deposited $100,000 in Monero and I got the “suspicious activity email”. They wanted selfie with ID which I have provided to them and still no response.

Please tell me these guys are legit and I didn’t get robbed for my 100k in monero??

Hi there! Could you please share your support ticket number here? We will look into it and get back to you with an update.
Activity: 481
Merit: 268
April 05, 2021, 05:52:34 AM
Thank you everybody for your effort in helping me. How could a app in the apple store have the potential of doing something like this. I’m so stupid . Life savings gone . Please free wallet don’t do this

This is the first thing you can do to get your money back. Write Freewallet and tell them that if they dont return your money you will write Apple and denounce all the scam accusations against them. Ending up with their app removed will be a major blow for them.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 4911
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
April 05, 2021, 05:47:41 AM
I've seen many, many, many people complaining on bitcointalk about this exact thing....

The reply i agree most with is:
--snip--
 He has a history of returning the money if conveniently pressed.
--snip--

This is exactly what i've witnessed time and time again: he locks somebody's account, asks ridiculous things in order to unlock the account, doesn't repond swiftly... Untill the victim starts posting on bitcointalk, on twitter, on reddit, on other platforms... Then, all of a sudden, the owner pops up and "resolves" this issue (he created).

Makes me wonder how many people try to comply with him without starting to complain on fora and social media... I really wonder if those people ever see their funds again...

OP: send a PM to the owner and ask him to chip in on this thread, that's possibly the fastest way into pressuring him to look into the issue he created... And if he resolves this issue, please chose a decent non-custodial wallet to move your funds to...
Activity: 20
Merit: 2
April 05, 2021, 05:41:24 AM
Thank you everybody for your effort in helping me. How could a app in the apple store have the potential of doing something like this. I’m so stupid . Life savings gone . Please free wallet don’t do this
Activity: 481
Merit: 268
April 05, 2021, 05:17:12 AM
I warned about the frewallet practices several times
This owner of freewallet is not crazy. He has a history of returning the money if conveniently pressed. But 100,000 will be very tempting for him. I just supported his flags and added a new negative. But he clearly no longer cares for that.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1143
April 05, 2021, 04:25:12 AM

I can confirm this is the original wallet from freewallet not a phishing or fake app, because the developer ID is same with the multi crypto wallet (linked in their official website).

So I hope @Mistafreeze said will come true Roll Eyes

I hope they don’t scam me this was literally all my savings!!! I thought they offer the 12 word backup but only on web version which I cannot log into. This is horrible. @freewallet release my coins!!
You need to do own research first before choosing random wallet, usually some wallet will show your 12 word backup that you need to confirm first/write out before you finish up creating your wallet.
April 05, 2021, 04:02:36 AM
I used the one in the apple store.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/monero-wallet-by-freewallet/id1126426159

I hope they don’t scam me this was literally all my savings!!! I thought they offer the 12 word backup but only on web version which I cannot log into. This is horrible. @freewallet release my coins!!
Activity: 898
Merit: 284
April 05, 2021, 03:47:50 AM
Freewallets.org are not scammers, there are many fake freewallet apps on google play store, probably you ran into one of them without knowing. May I see the link of the downloaded app from the play store so I can verify if its legit or fake app. With loads of complaints the support on the site is too slow to respond so I would advice you to use tustpilot.com and search freewallet.org and tell your problem under review, the admin is kinda fast there... Good luck to you
Activity: 167
Merit: 16
Safex is a scam
April 04, 2021, 10:44:12 PM
FreeWallet are scammers, they stole Elon Musk money & i don't recommend anyone to use it.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5316100
This is their profile https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/freewallet-1177176
Good luck recovering your money.
Activity: 910
Merit: 525
April 04, 2021, 09:49:09 PM
Elon musk have said this feewallet are sucks for not giving users access to their private keys.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1359390452772966404?s=19

Really sorry to hear your issue. But if you still believe your funds will be back, you have to be patient. Because kyc process sometimes taking 12hours or longer.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1143
April 04, 2021, 09:10:05 PM
Too bad, sorry for your loss.

The chance are slim if they want to gave your money back, just search "Freewallet scam bitcointalk" in your browser, you'll see many accusation made by victims against this exchange

Reviews on IOS or Playstore aren't trusted and reliable, if you want to check the original and trusted reviews, better to check in this forum. Because if someone made wrong reviews, usually there's a another user will correct it.
April 04, 2021, 09:03:20 PM
Hello, I downloaded freewallet app on iOS and didn’t read the reviews like an idiot!! I deposited $100,000 in Monero and I got the “suspicious activity email”. They wanted selfie with ID which I have provided to them and still no response.

Please tell me these guys are legit and I didn’t get robbed for my 100k in monero??
Pages:
Jump to: