Pages:
Author

Topic: Fuck Summer! - page 15. (Read 29262 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 13, 2014, 10:47:54 AM
We've got a polar cold front coming in which could lower ambient temps as low as 40F (4.5C) in the next few days.

There is an old saying about Kansas (BFL Land); it goes:

"This is Kansas.  If you don't like the weather, stick around for a few minutes.  It will change!"
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
July 13, 2014, 10:42:16 AM
Summer and winter are difficult, but spring and autumn are great.  Smiley
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
July 13, 2014, 10:27:16 AM
I obviously live in Wales which is located in the United Kingdom. We don't normally have very nice weather. Actually, I didn't know what sun was until I went  abroad. One thing I can tell you is I much prefer winter and hate the summer. Over here it gets very humid when we do have a spell of sun I think it's a much different type of heat to places like america etc. In fact I love this country in the winter and look forward to it all year around. Last few days we've had 25 degrees which is like a solar apocalpyse for us.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
July 13, 2014, 10:20:12 AM
Finally cooled down slightly ;_; still pretty unbearable though, anything higher than 16 - 17 degrees or so and I'm dying Tongue but you put me in a frozen tundra and I'm totally happy, I barely slept last night >_<

You would not fair well in the tropics that's for sure.  Try a summer in India, Singapore or Taiwan and experience suffering lol.

Right now the overnight low here in Los Angeles area was about 21C.  Sad

If I were ever in the tropics I would probably get one of these things lol Tongue

http://www.andrews-sykes.com/air-conditioning/exhaust-tube-air-conditioners/et25-portable-air-conditioner/

Total overkill Cheesy
July 13, 2014, 10:08:44 AM
Going to be around 88-90F  (31-32C) here today with rain all day.

The place is an airborne swamp!
Activity: 519
Merit: 500
July 13, 2014, 08:27:54 AM
Finally cooled down slightly ;_; still pretty unbearable though, anything higher than 16 - 17 degrees or so and I'm dying Tongue but you put me in a frozen tundra and I'm totally happy, I barely slept last night >_<

You would not fair well in the tropics that's for sure.  Try a summer in India, Singapore or Taiwan and experience suffering lol.

Right now the overnight low here in Los Angeles area was about 21C.  Sad
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 13, 2014, 08:21:28 AM
its winter here sooooooooooo fuck the police !1!
lol sorry got a bit a head of myself.
legendary
July 13, 2014, 07:44:15 AM
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
July 13, 2014, 07:29:12 AM
105F here today (About 41C).

Pfffff.... scorching isn't?   

Here where I am placed it is ~25ºC.

41 would be too much. 
Be prepared for 42. :-)
July 12, 2014, 10:15:05 PM
105F here today (About 41C).
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
July 12, 2014, 10:03:33 PM
Weather conspires against me to stop me from working Sad It's so hot right now there's nothing to really do except sit here and slowly roast Sad

I agree I hate hot weather I need to move country to a real cold place which the sun doesn't even come out. I burn easy and thats not good either.

Well, I know a place the sun don't shine Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Currently held as collateral by monbux
July 12, 2014, 09:58:38 AM
Weather conspires against me to stop me from working Sad It's so hot right now there's nothing to really do except sit here and slowly roast Sad

I agree I hate hot weather I need to move country to a real cold place which the sun doesn't even come out. I burn easy and thats not good either.
legendary
July 12, 2014, 09:55:32 AM
Activity: 826
June 30, 2014, 01:22:38 PM
I rather it be hot then cold. Being cold sucks..

Only benefit would be going to the beach and see all the chicks wearing almost nothing.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
June 30, 2014, 12:54:28 PM
Winter > Fall > Summer > Spring
Activity: 62
June 30, 2014, 12:27:58 PM
Ah, here in Butterfly Labs Land we are looking at 91-95 F (33 C) over the next few days with a ton of rain and wind.

Ah!

Kansas!

Whats up JayHawker??  I have been through Kansas couple hundred times crossing this great land of ours. I reside in the land of fruits and nuts….California

Summer is the best season…except when it is like Africa hot out side but I like it better than winter. Snow chains on a semi truck are vey heavy and most people around here in Cali have not a clue how to drive in snow (or in general for that matter)

Most Cali people who live in the mountains know how to drive in snow.  It's all the clueless snowboarders and skiiers going to Big Bear, Mammoth etc.  Now rain, we are just complete morons.  People seem to actually drive faster since traffic moves too slow for them.... and then they fly off the overpass or slam into the center median.

I know the mountaineers can do it ….but there is a reason they close the Grapevine when it gets 1/64th of an inch of snow fall…LOL…I drive over Donner pass all the time also..Wrecks-O-Rama when it snows there too…I will say the craziest winter drivers are in Ohio..I have had people pass me in my semi truck, while its blizzading, on the sidewalk…no lie. 3 different drivers on the same day…and I don't drive slow in the snow
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
June 30, 2014, 09:04:42 AM
Ah, here in Butterfly Labs Land we are looking at 91-95 F (33 C) over the next few days with a ton of rain and wind.

Ah!

Kansas!

Whats up JayHawker??  I have been through Kansas couple hundred times crossing this great land of ours. I reside in the land of fruits and nuts….California

Summer is the best season…except when it is like Africa hot out side but I like it better than winter. Snow chains on a semi truck are vey heavy and most people around here in Cali have not a clue how to drive in snow (or in general for that matter)

Most Cali people who live in the mountains know how to drive in snow.  It's all the clueless snowboarders and skiiers going to Big Bear, Mammoth etc.  Now rain, we are just complete morons.  People seem to actually drive faster since traffic moves too slow for them.... and then they fly off the overpass or slam into the center median.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
June 30, 2014, 02:43:22 AM
On the other hand I like summer, even in those days where the heat is in triple digits.

I hope to god you live in the US and are measuring temperatures in Fahrenheit, then!

Hehe no I don't live in the US, but I've converted to F because someone used it a few posts back.
I love it when people get confused over C vs F.
I preheated the oven to 425
HOLY SHIT IS IT MELTING
The baby's body temp is 98.6
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
June 29, 2014, 09:25:28 AM
On the other hand I like summer, even in those days where the heat is in triple digits.

I hope to god you live in the US and are measuring temperatures in Fahrenheit, then!

Hehe no I don't live in the US, but I've converted to F because someone used it a few posts back.
Activity: 62
June 29, 2014, 06:50:45 AM

Ah!

Kansas!

Whats up JayHawker??  I have been through Kansas couple hundred times crossing this great land of ours. I reside in the land of fruits and nuts….California

Pages:
Jump to: