Pages:
Author

Topic: further improved phatk_dia kernel for Phoenix + SDK 2.6 - 2012-01-13 - page 9. (Read 106700 times)

Activity: 769
Merit: 500
Ok found and downloaded a copy of bfipatcher.py

did you mention this dependency? was I supposed to have it already?

First run.. way way slow... oh i need vectors vectors2.. oops.

ok seems to be working.. will keep an eye on the stale count.

faster than 7-17 for me.. slower than phatk 2.1 edit... no rejects on phatk that was my pool being bad

Phoenix 1.5 has the bfipatcher.py included, so I never included it in any kernel package Wink.
The phatk version will be faster for 58XX cards, but 69XX should be faster or even now.
Guys just figure out which version works best for your personal configuration!

Dia
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
the 8-4 prerelease for some reason lowered the hashrate on only 1 of 2 of my cards.. (the second card went from an average 426 to 389) same OC settings while card #1 remained around 426 (6970's)
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
1.50 phoenix command line

5850 920c 315m 1.1v - 11.4 preview w/ 2.4 SDK

396-397Mh/s

with the recommended WORKSIZE=256 flags.

Get 399 with phatk 2.1. I will run for awhile to see if there is any changes with stales though I was not getting many to begin with on 2.1 anyway.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
Ok found and downloaded a copy of bfipatcher.py

did you mention this dependency? was I supposed to have it already?

First run.. way way slow... oh i need vectors vectors2.. oops.

ok seems to be working.. will keep an eye on the stale count.

faster than 7-17 for me.. slower than phatk 2.1 edit... no rejects on phatk that was my pool being bad
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
How does this compare to the other one Phateus has?

I can't give you exact numbers as I don't feel like reinstalling kernel 2.1 but I do know it was slower for me than this latest Kernel from Diapolo
Activity: 476
moOo
2011-08-04 (pre-release): 1368 ALU OPs (23 less compared to original phatk 1.X / Cal 11.7 profile)
is it only for 69xx?

i get a steange new error import error no module named bfipatcher
How does this compare to the other one Phateus has?
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
New version was just released, it should be the fastest for 69XX cards:
Download version 2011-08-04 (pre-release): http://www.mediafire.com/?upwwud7kfyx7788

This is the preferred switch for Phoenix in order to achieve comparable performance:
Code:
-k phatk AGGRESSION=12 BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false VECTORS VECTORS2 WORKSIZE=256
or
Code:
-k phatk AGGRESSION=12 BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false VECTORS VECTORS2 WORKSIZE=128

Please test this version with SDK 2.4 / SDK 2.5! SDK 2.1 performance seems worse, but at least it should work. Report any errors and problems here and let me know what you think.
Have a look at your cards temperatures, I got a report, that they may be lower, which would be great Smiley.

Regards,
Dia

I just tried this on my 2 6970's Cat 11.7 SDK 2.4 Win 7 x64
Using poclbm on GUIminer with your 7-11 Kernel = 425.4 -v -f0 -w 128
Using phoenix on GUIminer with your 8-4 Kernel = 425.5 -k phatk AGGRESSION=12 BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false VECTORS VECTORS2 WORKSIZE=128
Side note the phoenix miner stays better fully utilized now meaning less fluctuation it's ranging from 425.4 to 425.5 where as using poclbm I was getting ranges of 424.8 to 425.4

Keep up the great work.
New version was just released, it should be the fastest for 69XX cards:
Download version 2011-08-04 (pre-release): http://www.mediafire.com/?upwwud7kfyx7788

This is the preferred switch for Phoenix in order to achieve comparable performance:
Code:
-k phatk AGGRESSION=12 BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false VECTORS VECTORS2 WORKSIZE=256
or
Code:
-k phatk AGGRESSION=12 BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false VECTORS VECTORS2 WORKSIZE=128

Please test this version with SDK 2.4 / SDK 2.5! SDK 2.1 performance seems worse, but at least it should work. Report any errors and problems here and let me know what you think.
Have a look at your cards temperatures, I got a report, that they may be lower, which would be great Smiley.

Regards,
Dia
Alright diapolo, you got your work cut out for you. Phateus fixed the guiminer bug (It was in his kernel. 1 too many #'s in __init__). You do great work; you might want to join forces at this point though Wink

No way! Competition breeds innovation.

I like to look at his code and even to share ideas. I mean Phateus uses parts of my mod for his re-work of phatk 2.1 and I WILL do the same Smiley.
So, I share Tx2000's oppinion and would like to keep our work separated ... I think this leaves more room for improvements and for competition Cheesy.

Dia
Hey guys, I'm making good progress for 69XX users and need a few to test my current version as I want to mature it before release.

- only 69XX users / users on VLIW4 design cards
- I need Win and Linux users
- I need SDK 2.1 / SDK 2.4 and SDK 2.5 users

Drop me a PM, if you want to participate and meet the requirements, I will then send you a DL link! If you have received the files the test results may be posted here and may be freely discussed, so that's no shitty NDA or something Smiley. I only want to make sure that the kernel works and can compete with phatk 2.1 Cheesy.

I'm sorry to say, but 58XX users are better with phatk 2.1 for now :-/.

Regards,
Dia
Alright diapolo, you got your work cut out for you. Phateus fixed the guiminer bug (It was in his kernel. 1 too many #'s in __init__). You do great work; you might want to join forces at this point though Wink

No way! Competition breeds innovation.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
I tried the new kernel with phoenix/11.6/2.4/Win7/5830, and gave it lots of different command line options. I could only get it to be 'miner idle' five times a second, or 5Ghash/s with no share solves.

Are you talking about my kernel mod or phatk 2.0? What are your command line options. Try to delete the *.elf files in the phatk directory!

Dia
Sorry for the confusion, that's regarding the 2.0 phatk that came this weekend.

Okay, but then please don't use this thread for phatk 2.0 support Smiley. I think you understand that.

Regards,
Dia
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
I tried the new kernel with phoenix/11.6/2.4/Win7/5830, and gave it lots of different command line options. I could only get it to be 'miner idle' five times a second, or 5Ghash/s with no share solves.

Are you talking about my kernel mod or phatk 2.0? What are your command line options. Try to delete the *.elf files in the phatk directory!

Dia
Sorry for the confusion, that's regarding the 2.0 phatk that came this weekend.

Dia
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
this is the exact same problem I have too, but i use guiminer
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
Activity: 254
I'm working on a new version! The inputs came from the original Author of phatk, who released a version 2.0 of phatk (THANKS Phateus).
Currently my version IS slower, but I see this as a fair and cool competition, from which all of us will benefit in the end.

Dia

Actually your kernel is fast for me.

Catalyst 11.6 + SDK 2.1, 975/300 gives me 313 mhs (your kernel)

Catalyst 11.6 + SDK 2.4, 975/300 gives me 311 mhs (latest from the original author. SDK 2.1 doesn't work)
I'm working on a new version! The inputs came from the original Author of phatk, who released a version 2.0 of phatk (THANKS Phateus).
Currently my version IS slower, but I see this as a fair and cool competition, from which all of us will benefit in the end.

Dia

Hopefully you can re-work his version because atm, it doesn't work for me on Win7/2.4SDK/GUIMiner lastest.  I replaced your phatk kernel with his and it just stays at connecting spamming idle worker in console.
Pages:
Jump to: