Pages:
Author

Topic: [GAM] Gambit | Private Trading Group | Trading Indicators | Trading Classroom - page 51. (Read 297515 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Aaaaand we're moving again (after almost a day without no blocks)
It appears that the first staked block (nr 72171) received 2.54 GAM
I thought the max was 2.5???
Anyway happy to see progress again!

I've downloaded the new wallet and have deleted the peers.dat file, seems to be continuosly syncing with the networking; showing 341 blocks remaining.  Tried a repair wallet, no change.  Any suggestions ?
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
@CollinCrypto [GAM]
EDITED

This post is very old.  Please see the main thread at GambitCrypto.com for up-to-date information.

EDITED
@CollinCrypto [GAM]
EDITED

This post is very old.  Please see the main thread at GambitCrypto.com for up-to-date information.

EDITED
Activity: 595
Merit: 500
Anyone still running the 1.0 wallet will see that it no longer syncs, because there is a mandatory upgrade to 1.1 to get the blocks moving again. The slack has the link, but I expect that Collin will also post it here soon.
Activity: 56
Just curious if there is any word on when the remaining verification will take place with Coins Source verification. I believe we have been staking now for @ 2 months, initially the verification was to take place after 45 days. I can't believe I have been staking this for that long, seems like it was just yesterday the ICO ended.

Thanks.
@CollinCrypto [GAM]
Is this cryptocurrency in any way associated with gambit.com? It's a gaming site of sorts. Currently, I think the games are all just for fun, but they started out as a Bitcoin gambling site for PvP board type games.

No relation.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
Is this cryptocurrency in any way associated with gambit.com? It's a gaming site of sorts. Currently, I think the games are all just for fun, but they started out as a Bitcoin gambling site for PvP board type games.
Aaaaand we're moving again (after almost a day without no blocks)
It appears that the first staked block (nr 72171) received 2.54 GAM
I thought the max was 2.5???
Anyway happy to see progress again!
@CollinCrypto [GAM]
Updated website & original ANN with new wallet links.    Please download the new wallets to stake your coins.

Mac wallet update coming soon.
@CollinCrypto [GAM]
EDITED

EDITED
I have the same issue...
well at least I'm not alone...
My last block was 10 hours ago, seem stuck on block 72161, was there a new wallet ?
There is a new wallet for Linux available already; Windows and other OS'es are in the making.
The only change is that the wallet will not combine as many inputs, so more inputs remain available and more blocks will be generated,
which will help the network go back to a normal staking routine instead of what happened last night with 12 hours no block until
finally someone brought another wallet online. Ouch!
From time to time you will see a string of a dozen or so blocks quickly following each other, with long periods of waiting in between.
That is because all wallets have fallen into the state where they combine inputs into ~1000 GAM blocks so a wallet with 10,000 GAM will only produce ~10 blocks and then it will need 500 blocks generated by other wallets before those blocks come back out of staking.
The new threshold has been set to 50 GAM, so first the wallet will split inputs in 2 until they reach the new target size and then a 10,000 GAM wallet will generate approx 200 blocks so even if only a few wallets are staking, the network keeps ticking. Today there is need of more than 500,000 GAM being staking at the same time for the network to keep going, due to the 1000 GAM block size and the 510 confirm maturity threshold. So, you can also see that burning GAM would increase the problem and the block value target needed to be lowered to keep enough blocks going.
There is a link to the Linux wallets on the Gambit slack and I hope that Windows is soon available as well.
Activity: 18
Okay, it seems mine caught up. All systems normal  Grin
Activity: 47
I have the same issue...

well at least I'm not alone...

My last block was 10 hours ago, seem stuck on block 72161, was there a new wallet ?
Activity: 18
Woke up this morning and my wallet was out of sync for no apparent reason. Anyone else have an issue like this? I have been staking since coin launch so this is new and unexpected.
@CollinCrypto [GAM]
EDITED

EDITED
Are there more coins burnt or mined each month?
As you can see from the regular updates and compare to the growth in the supply,
burning is much larger than mining.
That is why the percentage of total coin supply that is burned is increasing each week.
Hope this clarifies,
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

Are there more coins burnt or mined each month?

OK, my wallet staked all its inputs within an hour or so, hopefully enough wallets remain online to keep the block chain moving. I don't know if my wallet has split the inputs - I doubt it because last time it also created only ~1k GAM size blocks so the number of inputs is minimal, in contrast to a few weeks ago when I had 1000+ inputs from splitting. We need that again!
I don't know if it is a network configuration or requires a wallet update to encourage or force the wallet to split inputs in a certain size, different than the default 1k GAM? If that can be set to 100 GAM then we suddenly get 10 times more inputs and enough blocks will be generated to go back to design parameters (1 block per minute).
It may even be just a hidden console command that needs to be issued to get the wallet into this desired behavior?
Pages:
Jump to: