Pages:
Author

Topic: gamble continuously because have surrendered to the situation - page 3. (Read 253 times)

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233
That happens when you are continually losing and you don't release it,that is a big problem which bring a person to an addiction that makes the person go to the brink of total destruction,I say brink of as the person while here still has a chance to turn back and ask for help.The case when the person continues to just gamble and does not care about anything else and he is happy as long as he is gambling,unfortunately these are desperate cases which ends in suicide (God forbid) or destroying the family like the guy in the story here,both endings really bad for a person.That is why it is always advisable to talk to family and ask for help when you release that you are drowning deep down in addiction.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 589
Sunk Cost Fallacy, the heuristic that just because you're too deep into whatever you're doing, you have no resolution other than getting your wins back through that method. I would highly suggest you drag him out to a nearby rehab center because he clearly needs it but is just in denial, and have him be treated from his addiction because not only is he ruining his own life, he's also putting his kid's life at the line by being a belligerent father who knows nothing but to gamble. If you're really this guy's good friend, You'd know for sure what to do in this situation, regardless if he hates me for it or whatever. The man's too in denial to admit that he needs help and his statement that he'd stay like that forever because nothing else is waiting for him is just too depressing.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 722
CoinPoker.com
I got a picture sent from a friend who said there was a slot addict who no longer cared about anything in his life, even his family had left him because of his addiction, luckily he is not a criminal, he doesn't rob to gamble but if you have a friend like him, would you advise him to stop gambling like crazy and return to the family? because there is no way you can stay with him, you have a family to take care of!
As a friend then it would be normal that you would really be that giving him some advises but if he did reach out this point on where he do sells everything just for playing slots then there's no way on stopping him and those words would really be useless and he wont really be listening to someone.This do really shows off severe or extreme addiction. He would really just realize things when he doesnt really have anything left even the money for him to eat. He would literally be sleeping on the streets without something to eat, no family nor having no shelter. If they wouldn't listen then it is really just that sad on what are the
upcoming consequences he would be facing on.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
I count this somehow to be off-topic, but maybe some people can use this as a medium to know that they should gamble responsibly.

Likely he believes he is going to win a jackpot one day, but the day may never come, or might come. There is nothing like family, better to quite the addiction and go back to them, instead of being someone that family do not trust. If family do not trust someone, that is more that a lot for him to realize and change for better.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 365
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

this is my friend,, he has 1 child his life is now destroyed in his wife and children..
his daily work he collects used goods then at night he uses them for deposits..
Once, he got 180 million rupiah inherited from his father for rent, but it was used up to play slots, then he got money from selling his mother's jewelry and used it for slots, even worse, he had 4 cows, he sold all 100 million rupiah to play slots too.
now his only assets are a smartphone and a Honda Spacy motorbike (BPKB has been mortgaged). I once asked until when did you live like this, Den (Aden's name)? He replied, until I die I don't care if I want to lose, how can I find money because it's already too deep and I've lost everything, I might as well live like this. I just stroke my chest while watching him play slots, sometimes I give him encouragement and I make fun of him when he buys a spin of 200 thousand rupiahs and returns only 12 thousand rupiahs

I got a picture sent from a friend who said there was a slot addict who no longer cared about anything in his life, even his family had left him because of his addiction, luckily he is not a criminal, he doesn't rob to gamble but if you have a friend like him, would you advise him to stop gambling like crazy and return to the family? because there is no way you can stay with him, you have a family to take care of!
Pages:
Jump to: