Author

Topic: ★★★ GameCredits - The future of in-game monetization ★★★ - page 191. (Read 550126 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
What's going on with the order book on polo.
Who is manipulating the price.

As a long time holder (small fish in a big pond though) this is very annoying seeing whales have fun with the price.
This coin deserves more than that.
It's crypto I know but damn.

That is the bane of small marketcap. No serious investor wants to sell and serious investors can't buy cheap, so it moves until percentages are hit on either side that trigger a release.

Trading = agreeing on a price neither side is satisfied with.

If there are some folks out there who happen to have Over 9000! spare BTC for ETH play, surely they can carve off some spare change from their +700% $100mil pump for a $500k coin that is not even on sale.  Grin

That whole Ether pump was crazy. I sold all my ether when I made x3 profit at 67k, but was way too early. Smiley Still I had a lot of Expanse, so managed to get a nice return there.

GMC will probably be pumped here and there, but I expect it to rise to about $0.10 in about a year. The pumps are actually an opportunity to sell a bit at the top and buy back double when it falls again.

Where are you getting the .10 prediction from? Are you expecting BTC to go up a lot making all alts a lot more valuable or are you expecting GMC to get there by itself in a year? Its certainly possible imo, as GMC was already close to $.05 once before.

Simply from thinking that it should be a top #20 coin at least, needing a market cap of 5mln. I think it is a realistic prediction. This does not mean it will not have peaks far higher than this, but on average I think 5mln is possible.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

As a long time holder (small fish in a big pond though) this is very annoying seeing whales have fun with the price.

That is the bane of small marketcap. No serious investor wants to sell and serious investors can't buy cheap, so it moves until percentages are hit on either side that trigger a release.

If there are some folks out there who happen to have Over 9000! spare BTC for ETH play, surely they can carve off some spare change from their +700% $100mil pump for a $500k coin that is not even on sale.  Grin

That whole Ether pump was crazy. I sold all my ether when I made x3 profit at 67k, but was way too early. Smiley Still I had a lot of Expanse, so managed to get a nice return there.

GMC will probably be pumped here and there, but I expect it to rise to about $0.10 in about a year. The pumps are actually an opportunity to sell a bit at the top and buy back double when it falls again.

Where are you getting the .10 prediction from? Are you expecting BTC to go up a lot making all alts a lot more valuable or are you expecting GMC to get there by itself in a year? Its certainly possible imo, as GMC was already close to $.05 once before.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

Can not wait to sell at the price of 20k sat GMC  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
ROKOS Flavors integrated coming coins wallets previews:

Gamecredits GMC https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1266597.new#new

ROKOS Flavors support/updates thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084908.new#new

The Gamecredits wallet looks pretty neat on the ROKOS flavor. It certainly makes a great addition to this distro and a great way to establish GMC nodes. Since I have a Raspberry Pi 2, I shouldn't have any trouble setting this up on it. I am going to try this out and set up a few RPi GMC nodes to support the network. My setup consists of 3 RPis with BTC and MUE nodes. Now adding GMC will be a snap.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1004
OK
ROKOS Flavors integrated coming coins wallets previews:

Gamecredits GMC https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1266597.new#new

ROKOS Flavors support/updates thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084908.new#new

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
Are we heading at 10k? any recent news?
legendary
link like this one get me thinking i need some coin and fast :

http://www.webelinx.com/#!bookie/c13tf

CoinmarketCat goes RAWWR!

I mean ..

You have my interest  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
link like this one get me thinking i need some coin and fast :

http://www.webelinx.com/#!bookie/c13tf

legendary
to varvarin i hope your cat is ready for some good prediction :
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
still no news ..... block ex still down whats wrong  Cry?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Waiting to see this one taking off...
legendary
GMC is a gaming company working with crypto, not a crypto coin looking to do gaming.  Cool

That is the company line and I do think that is exactly the way they (you) feel about themselves.  I do think that well developed "crypto" projects can (have brought) bring talented developers into the eco-system if they successfully cultivate the right type of community. And I also think a project runs the risk of opening itself up for more criticism than it may deserve if it attempts to "half-ass" involvement on Bitcointalk. Trust is only cultivated through rigorous proof of "keeping your word" and "delivering on time" or at the very least "keeping people very informed" (and engaged).

But different teams have different talents. And that is probably not what we should expect from GMC.

Where do you live, if I might ask? And are you working directly with webelinx and/or bluelabs?

I'm a Londoner, accountant ... how much more boring can it get?  Cool

Not being a dev myself, I don't have any direct input in coding side of things. I do, however, know the devs assembled 3 months ago are good. Dare I say, GMC a year ago had only ideas and now has the people who can execute them. My speciality is small and startup business development, that is what I do at GMC. Admin ... yeii  Cheesy

Not sure what you mean by "working directly"? Having the CEO of Webelinx answer Q&A is pretty self-explanatory me thinks.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
GMC is a gaming company working with crypto, not a crypto coin looking to do gaming.  Cool

That is the company line and I do think that is exactly the way they (you) feel about themselves.  I do think that well developed "crypto" projects can (have brought) bring talented developers into the eco-system if they successfully cultivate the right type of community. And I also think a project runs the risk of opening itself up for more criticism than it may deserve if it attempts to "half-ass" involvement on Bitcointalk. Trust is only cultivated through rigorous proof of "keeping your word" and "delivering on time" or at the very least "keeping people very informed" (and engaged).

But different teams have different talents. And that is probably not what we should expect from GMC.

Where do you live, if I might ask? And are you working directly with webelinx and/or bluelabs?

legendary

If you have any questions for me feel free to PM as I do not want to derail this thread with specific discussions. Hopefully this post gives you a little more insight into the inner workings of GMC.

I will get in touch, not to pester or troll, actually want to make contact with everyone who is worth knowing in crypto. I don't disagree, I do offer another side.

I have met Nele on several occasions now and we have spent a day travelling to a 25 man celebration and meeting back in November that was in honour of webelinx and bluelabs collaboration with GMC. A day to see if we can work with each other. Now that webelinx and bluelabs are public, I can say things.  Smiley

Plenty of unrealistic expectation are placed on devs and no one trusts anyone, which is understandable since we all got scammed at one point or another in this game.
There is a lot of behind the scenes work going on at GMC (which is an incorporated entity in the UK now, I did the formation being an accountant in London). Incorporation was absolutely essential for the ambitions we have, it's no secret GMC has reach from LA to London to Tokyo, via Serbia.

I can't say there is no manipulation going on, there always is and always will be in crypto. However, with GMC it was always in the open, from January 2015 the devs and backers openly said all the 200 satoshi GMC is going to the Foundation, paid for with BTC on the market at the time, right out in the open for over 6 months. Anyone who cared and believed, would have bought then and waited for the inevitable pump once dumpers get fully bought out.

What happened since November price crash has nothing to do with GMC team and all to do with Vern using exchange funds to pump n dump coins, I alerted Nele to the professional bot dumping GMC 70 coins every 30 seconds and .... let's say Polo noticed. GMC stagnated completely then, while everything was double price at Cryptsy .. no one was sending GMC there and price just did not move for a month. - Everyone I spoke to with sizeable GMC holding was asking "who dumped?"

Without going into TL:DR wall, while I do believe in $1 GMC, even that is small thinking.

I did not link the trillion dollar post above for nothing, gaming and crypto are perfect for each other. As an accountant who plays games and uses Steam often, I hate free to play games but I do know why they are priced the way they are. If only 3-5% of your customers are prepared to pay $30-100 for a free to play game, you have to price it high. Now if paying in GMC (forget BTC for in-game purchases), say 50% of your player base is willing to fork out $1-5, no need to put $30 - $100 items in game and go pay to win.

---- that alone is worth game developer companies doing a bit of R&D and that is why webelinx is working with GameCredits. GMC is a gaming company working with crypto, not a crypto coin looking to do gaming.  Cool
legendary
considering the ones talking in this thread are , i know for sure , the only whales of this coin,
i commend the frankness of windjc ,
what to say yes every thing starting from polo as always , i was there and the first to make my post on BCT of the start of GMC story , i can relate but well i don't trade the things i have
just to take back what i paid for it so i hope your stash is within my wallet (and as i know the stash of someone else is already part of my collection ), the trader game will get money flowing as they say.
legendary
I have been familiar with this project even before it was taken up by this group. I did not have a negative experience with them (from the outside perspective), but as often happens with communities, fractures happen. These guys seem to approach this coin more as a business, so I can understand a crypto enthusiast is perhaps less enthusiastic. Smiley

I see my GMC in this case as a share in the future of this team and intent on holding. I appreciate feedback like that of windjc though, as it might make a good team even better Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1310
@windjc

Thanks for the post! From what i know (from another person) everything is right you said. Still a good project with its flaws. But i like it  Smiley

ps: Everytime i hear GMC i have to think about a person........ Shame on you, N*'th*'n!
Jump to: