Pages:
Author

Topic: Gas supply cut-off deadline of $1.95 billion by 06:00 GMT on Monday. - page 3. (Read 4250 times)

legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000
Why are they finding it hard to pay for this yet they have the money. If they cant pay all of it then at least some of the money like a quarter of it(255$ mill).
Maybe they will come to their senses once it gets shutdown.

Perhaps because simply the "stealer" is gone to Russia with tons of millions of $$ .... Viktor Ianoukovitch ... fortune estimation 'is just' around half billion USD... and all Gov members who ripped the money ....

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Decentralized thinking
Why are they finding it hard to pay for this yet they have the money. If they cant pay all of it then at least some of the money like a quarter of it(255$ mill).
Maybe they will come to their senses once it gets shutdown.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Transit supply to EU trough Ukrainian territory is still present.

Are you joking? Ukraine will steal the gas destined for Europe and the Russians will shut down the gas pipeline. It will happen within the next 24 hours. Germany, Poland.etc are going to be safe, thanks to Nord Stream. Serbia, Bulgaria.etc will have to live without any gas. Some small amounts can be transported through Blue Stream.... but that will amount to less than 5% of the demand.

Bulgaria still has 2 months of gas stored. Enough time to settle this.

But I wonder , If gazprom cuts supplies to the south eastern countries , won't they be accused of breaching their contract? After al they can claim the same , they signed a contract in which Gazprom agreed to deliver gas. Bulgaria has payed for it , it's gazprom fault for not sending it.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

Are you joking? Ukraine will steal the gas destined for Europe and the Russians will shut down the gas pipeline. It will happen within the next 24 hours. Germany, Poland.etc are going to be safe, thanks to Nord Stream. Serbia, Bulgaria.etc will have to live without any gas. Some small amounts can be transported through Blue Stream.... but that will amount to less than 5% of the demand.

Bad news for my Bulgarian neighbors Smiley.

legendary
Bryant , you're the data guy...

Warning - Bryant's data should always carry the warning that it is specifically selected to support his conclusions.

Well..... I take the effort to find the data. If you complain so much about it, then you should do some research yourself and post the data to counter what I have posted. Now begin with the post. no. 12.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Professional anarchist
Bryant , you're the data guy...

Warning - Bryant's data should always carry the warning that it is specifically selected to support his conclusions.
legendary
Biodiesel is a healthy way to help with  unemployment  Grin Grin

No spare farmland available in Ukraine. Already all of it is used to produce wheat and barley. And sugarcane cannot be cultivated in Ukraine, due to the climatic conditions.

BTW... this is interesting:

Ukraine’s Naftogaz files lawsuit against Gazprom over ‘unfair’ gas prices

http://rt.com/business/166104-gazprom-ukraine-gas-prepay
Biodiesel is a healthy way to help with  unemployment  Grin Grin
in defi we trust
^^^^ Here:

Convert million cubic meter / day to billion cubic meter / year by *0.365

Seems like for the moment nordstream and yamal can take almost all the capacity.
But I doubt that the gas can be pumped from there to it's normal destination.

Also those are March numbers and the figures will change dramatically in October - November.
Becoming interesting.

Bad news for my Bulgarian neighbors Smiley.

legendary
^^^^ Here:

Convert million cubic meter / day to billion cubic meter / year by *0.365
in defi we trust
Gazprom stops supplying unpaid-for gas to Ukraine as deadline passes

Bryant , you're the data guy , are those numbers the actual flow of gas through the pipes right now or the average pumped on ?

It seems like the maximum capacity for the northern pipes is around 240milions per day, that's close to the numbers shown on the pic for all the pipes.
"Газпром" ввел режим предоплаты поставок российского газа для "Нафтогаза Украины". Решение вступило в силу в понедельник с 10:00 по московскому времени, сообщает ИТАР-ТАСС.

В российской газовой компании объяснили такие меры "хроническими неплатежами "Нафтогаза Украины", который должен 4,458 млрд долларов (451 млрд долларов - за ноябрь-декабрь 2013 года и 3,007 млрд долларов - за апрель-май 2014 года).

С сегодняшнего дня "Нафтогаз Украины" получит российский газ только в оплаченных объемах.

Срок погашения Киевом части долга за российский газ в размере 1,95 миллиарда долларов истек 16 июня в 10:00 по московскому времени.

Gazprom stops supplying unpaid-for gas to Ukraine as deadline passes

ОАО «Газпром» @GazpromNews
Follow
Сегодня с 10:00 #Газпром в полном соответствии с действующим контрактом перевел НАК «Нафтогаз Украины» на предоплату поставок газа
8:08 AM - 16 Jun 2014

http://rt.com/business/166104-gazprom-ukraine-gas-prepay/
in defi we trust
It's already pass the deadline and I'm sure the Ukrainians haven't payed a single cent.

Check the news. The pipeline pressure is dropping, as the Russians have stopped the supply of gas. Within the next 48 hours, there won't be any more gas in the pipeline.

Have you read the article ?

There is only one quote about a decision and that's:

Russia’s energy minister Aleksander Novak and Gazprom head Aleksey Miller will hold a press conference later this afternoon.

Although I don't argue the gas delivery might have indeed stopped there is no actual claim for that in the article.
Not even one.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
If it's such a real concern then how come more people are not bringing it up?

Less natural gas just means we might have to return to the 1910s - people used to wear jackets and boots indoors all the time.  Natural gas is technically one of those luxuries which permits you to wear T-Shirts and shorts, in a house, during the middle of winter.

legendary
It's already pass the deadline and I'm sure the Ukrainians haven't payed a single cent.

Check the news. The pipeline pressure is dropping, as the Russians have stopped the supply of gas. Within the next 48 hours, there won't be any more gas in the pipeline.

in defi we trust
"We reached no agreement and the chances that we will meet again are slim -- we are already on the plane heading back (to Moscow)," Kupriyanov told AFP. "If we receive no pre-payment by 10:00 am (0600GMT), then we obviously will deliver no gas."

Pages:
Jump to: