Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 64. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Gotta test it, so many feedback
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
Yeah, I can see that an *extended* period of disconnection can be very problematic with the current implementation.
See, details are very important in problem reporting... I was also able to reproduce the problem with scaling after hours of head-scratching.
Hopefully I will push fixes later today.

On a more positive note, remote monitoring with an sgminer-compatible API is coming soon.
I was finally able to have Awesome Miner recognize GGS.

One last thing. Vega 56 arrived at last this afternoon. This means that Vega cards will get the same level of optimizations as RX [45][78]0.

you need to check whats the difference between blockchain driver and 17.10.2 and later, how they are working with vega

one importand thing i noticed it with a 56vega flashed with 64 bios is(maybe it helps)
-blockchain driver detects this vega as vega 64
-17.10.2 and later detects this vega as vega 56

-speed on most algos is the same on both driver except cryptonight
blockchain around 2000hs
17.10.2 and later around 1400hs
regarding to amd devs vega should switch to workload mode automatic, seems not to work with cryptonight on 17.10.2 and later
Activity: 56
Yeah, I can see that an *extended* period of disconnection can be very problematic with the current implementation.
See, details are very important in problem reporting... I was also able to reproduce the problem with scaling after hours of head-scratching.

On a more positive note, remote monitoring with an sgminer-compatible API is coming soon.

One last thing. Vega 56 arrived at last this afternoon. This means that Vega cards will get the same level of optimizations as RX [45][78]0.

Looking forward with your optimization about vega!
Activity: 154

Awesome !
Activity: 20
I confirm, if internet connection brokes GGS interface became very unresponsible... Even if connection is restored.

I'm sure of this, I'm a professional miner. The problems are not related to my RIG configs. I use all of them without problems, inclusive without problems in GGS, but when the Internet is out, when comes back, unresponsible.

I understand the developer tired of amateur people asking about things not related to the software, but don't disconnect their internet to test, prefering guilty the user , after all stability problems reported here ?
if u a profesional miner change your internet connection to good one Cheesy
Even with good connection can happen disconnect for reasons not depending from us.

Some guys don't knows that where have a large areas to solar power generation and eolic generation are remote areas where Internet connection are not so good as the mayor cities. But, even with 2 redundant connections, swtiching when problems occours, the GGS starts to have problems.
I confirm, if internet connection brokes GGS interface became very unresponsible... Even if connection is restored.

I'm sure of this, I'm a professional miner. The problems are not related to my RIG configs. I use all of them without problems, inclusive without problems in GGS, but when the Internet is out, when comes back, unresponsible.

I understand the developer tired of amateur people asking about things not related to the software, but don't disconnect their internet to test, prefering guilty the user , after all stability problems reported here ?

My connection changes the IP to another connection when have some problem. And the problems with the GGS starts to occours. Is not a load balancing problem dude.
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

Even with good connection can happen disconnect for reasons not depending from us.
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105

Zawawa, most of the stability issue I've got is that I used memory strap and overclock /undervolt already fine tuned for other miner and other algos.
Then I start testing the limit with your software for neoscrypt algo, using HWINFO  and looking  for Gpu error and at least in term of stability  all my problem are gone.

I keep spending 15 minutes a day trying to fine tune intensity etc, but then I switch back to regular setup and all is working until I will find a better combination.

I don't know how you can improve that. Teach the people how   to find their own solution ?
May be, but learning take time.
And don't worry.
As soon as ethereum will start moving to POS, what algos can AMD owner mine with profit ? Neoscrypt for sure, may be lira2
You forgot about cryptonight algo. It gives good profit for AMD cards.
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
Zawawa, most of the stability issue I've got is that I used memory strap and overclock /undervolt already fine tuned for other miner and other algos.
Then I start testing the limit with your software for neoscrypt algo, using HWINFO  and looking  for Gpu error and at least in term of stability  all my problem are gone.

I keep spending 15 minutes a day trying to fine tune intensity etc, but then I switch back to regular setup and all is working until I will find a better combination.

I don't know how you can improve that. Teach the people how   to find their own solution ?
May be, but learning take time.
And don't worry.
As soon as ethereum will start moving to POS, what algos can AMD owner mine with profit ? Neoscrypt for sure, may be lira2

Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
I really need to to come up with a better system for support and testing, don’t I?
I hope I would stop losing money on this project sooner than later...

i wouldnt overdo it...for me since 1.2.8 and up its stable like hell.

im sure many reported problems are not because of ggs, its because bad configured mining rigs/mining pools/ and/or to much overclock/undervolt
Miner Developer
I really need to to come up with a better system for support and testing, don’t I?
I hope I would stop losing money on this project sooner than later...
Miner Developer
To reproduce high CPU usage and instability issues, use any pool, just disconnect internet and reconnect after some seconds or minutes, when come back, comes with many issues. Never auto recover. Only relaunching to resolve the problem.

Well, GGS is auto-recovering with my setups without a problem. Which version of GGS are you using?

Well, I saw GUI interface problems with different resolution, you say "it's perfect".

I said, instability after internet connection problems, you say, "it's auto recovering"...

I'm not earning nothing to say for you about problems that not exists. I say, because exists.

Do your tests, disconnect, reconnect your network cable, 1 min, 10 min, reconnect.

Many users are talking about instability, I just gave a way to follow against the problem. Probably the same old problem with dev fee, due the disconnection and reconnection to the pool.

I will, allways, report problems just with the LAST VERSION, I'm not stupid to report problems those can be resolved in a new released version.

I see that you are very frustrated with stability issues, but incomplete probem reports do not help anybody.
I did all the tests you mentioned, and I didn’t see any problems. If you omit critical information, there is not much I can do about it.
help configure and adjust settings for algorithms neoscrypt and cryptonight
ASUS RX 480 8Gb  ram Samsung biosmod ( Blockchain  driver 8/23/2017  Win10x64)
maximally what I get
neoscrypt 450-500 (250)
cryptonight 700-720

on gatelessgate-0.1.3-pre6b
neoscrypt 650-700
Code:
 "algorithm": "neoscrypt",
  "intensity": "16",
  "worksize": "512",
  "gpu-threads": "1",
cryptonight  820-880
Code:
 "algorithm": "cryptonight",
  "rawintensity": "896",
  "worksize": "8",
  "gpu-threads": "2",

what values to put?
Threads - ?
Raw Intensity -?
Local work size - ?
Cryptonight - is the default GGS settings - T - 2, I - 128, W - 8 - It's the best for 580 8Gb.
To reproduce high CPU usage and instability issues, use any pool, just disconnect internet and reconnect after some seconds or minutes, when come back, comes with many issues. Never auto recover. Only relaunching to resolve the problem.

Well, GGS is auto-recovering with my setups without a problem. Which version of GGS are you using?

Well, I saw GUI interface problems with different resolution, you say "it's perfect".

I said, instability after internet connection problems, you say, "it's auto recovering"...

I'm not earning nothing to say for you about problems that not exists. I say, because exists.

Do your tests, disconnect, reconnect your network cable, 1 min, 10 min, reconnect.

Many users are talking about instability, I just gave a way to follow against the problem. Probably the same old problem with dev fee, due the disconnection and reconnection to the pool.

I will, allways, report problems just with the LAST VERSION, I'm not stupid to report problems those can be resolved in a new released version.
Activity: 18
help configure and adjust settings for algorithms neoscrypt and cryptonight
ASUS RX 480 8Gb  ram Samsung biosmod ( Blockchain  driver 8/23/2017  Win10x64)
maximally what I get
neoscrypt 450-500 (250)
cryptonight 700-720

on gatelessgate-0.1.3-pre6b
neoscrypt 650-700
Code:
 "algorithm": "neoscrypt",
  "intensity": "16",
  "worksize": "512",
  "gpu-threads": "1",
cryptonight  820-880
Code:
 "algorithm": "cryptonight",
  "rawintensity": "896",
  "worksize": "8",
  "gpu-threads": "2",

what values to put?
Threads - ?
Raw Intensity -?
Local work size - ?
Miner Developer

Pages:
Jump to: