Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 63. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Gateless Gate Sharp 1.2.16 alpha
https://github.com/zawawawa/GatelessGateSharp/releases/tag/v1.2.16-alpha

* Fixed a critical bug in logging.

Sorry, guys! This should fix the problem.

miner restarted 2 times in 1 hour, 1.2.3 worked for days without 1 restart. i roll back.
i really dont want to hurt your feelings but i need to say this. Everytime you get to a good and stable version like 1.22, 1.23 you fuck it up in the next version with some stuff or changes nobody needs!

example
first versions after addng graphs where very instable

example
" Added the "Boost Performance" automatic overclocking/undervolting feature for RX 470/480/570/580, R9 Nano, and HD 7990."
why wasting working time with something like this? Real Miners know to config their cards, every card needs its own config to run stable, even if its from the same brand with same memory. this feature will only cause problems because people will try it and it will not work  maybe proper on every system. on the other hand it will just support lazy fucktards who are to dumb and/or to lazy to do a simple biosflash, do some little research about settings for gpus.

example
planed on the fly memory mods
same as above for what? if somebody is to dumb or to lazy to do a biosflash, fuck him he deserves stock speed. you aint gonna earn more by supporting lazy fucktards.

if you want to increase your earnings why dont you focus on whats really important? Real Miners just wants a stable and fast miner. stability is even more important than speed, because nobody wants to check his rigs every hour.

- add new algos like equihash/skunkhash/tribus to gain new users
- optimise current algos and make them faster and stable(people goes there where the most profit is...faster/stable miner then other miners = gives people a reason to switch and pay the fee)
why should somebody for example switch from sgminer or xmrstak(0%fee version) if its running more stable and have same speed?

just my few cents  Wink Smiley

I have fear to touch in a BOOST button. Exactly as you said, we have dozens of GPUs in sequence serial number (bought from manufacturer in the original package of 8 GPU each), and never one GPU is equal another. Is impossible to a boost button do a good work, just can try different working size, threads, etc.

The difference between GPUs is so important, that we like to have a field to rename the "NAME" of the GPUs in the GPU Column, to be possible to identify with our stickers pasted on each GPU.

I understand to be necessary change the DB structure to add fields, and I know that uses the old db of the installation on each new version, but I think is possible to do the implementation altering the db tables and preserving backward compatibilty.

If db will be changed, need to put a option to insert new custom pools and name them, just 4 is little, and need to read the login to try to remember what coin is.

Activity: 20
I have lowered from 2186 to 2132 on my 580 8gb  micron rigs almost while moving to 832 the voltage.
Non perfect but it works stable with version 1.2.3 if I remember correctly

On the test rigs with 3 elpida 570 pulse 4gb  I simply reinstalled my original bios WITHOUT the new straps and set the same value I had before (subtrack 24) and I'm getting 1970 mh/s with neoscrypt, so not bad.
I need to restart the rig once a day as Cpu utilization tend to increase.

Neoscrypt only for both rigs.

You wrote that also criptonight can be a good choice for AMD, but I haven't find a good coin to mine that generate the same profit as ETH.

If you can, please  hint me on that.Tx

3 RX 570 at 1970kh/s is bad yes. You should get 2400 with GGS 3 RX 570

https://i.imgur.com/eP9WYao.png
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
I have lowered from 2186 to 2132 on my 580 8gb  micron rigs almost while moving to 832 the voltage.

On the test rigs with 3 elpida 570 pulse 4gb  I simply reinstalled my original bios WITHOUT the new straps and set the same value I had before (subtrack 24) and I'm getting 1970 mh/s with neoscrypt, so not bad.

You wrote that also criptonight can be a good choice for AMD, but I haven't find a good coin to mine that generate the same profit as ETH.

If you can, please  hint me on that.Tx
Today eth is most profitable on AMD. But week ago for a long time cryptonight was very profitable on many coins.
With bitcoin drop all cryptonight coins drops too.
On last version CPU usage grow is fixed and now it's not need to restart rigs...
Activity: 36

Thanks its now working stable
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
I have lowered from 2186 to 2132 on my 580 8gb  micron rigs almost while moving to 832 the voltage.

On the test rigs with 3 elpida 570 pulse 4gb  I simply reinstalled my original bios WITHOUT the new straps and set the same value I had before (subtrack 24) and I'm getting 1970 mh/s with neoscrypt, so not bad.

If you can, please  hint me on that.Tx
Unclwish, have you tried to run hwinfo when running certain overclock usual for etash but using gss for other algos ?  I had the same trouble that you are reporting, but i just make some little tweak because the gpu are clearly highlighted.

Yes, I checked by HWInfo and no errors. Strange that overclocking by Claymore's miner work after him in all other miners wthout issues. But if I don't use Claymore's miner for this, and enable GGS overclock GPU's start to hang.
What tweaking you're maded?
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
Unclwish, have you tried to run hwinfo when running certain overclock usual for etash but using gss for other algos ?  I had the same trouble that you are reporting, but i just make some little tweak because the gpu are clearly highlighted.

It's stiil some bug with overclock by GGS. At this moment I use Claymore's miner to set overclock and undervoltage - and it work good without any problems, on Pitcairn too. If I use GGS enabled overclock option for RX 580 than after some time on one of GPU happens thread stuck. On Pitcairn GGS OC option hangs the system...
Drivers the same - the last one. This means that Claymore use another way to overclock/undervoltage.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
i really dont want to hurt your feelings but i need to say this. Everytime you get to a good and stable version like 1.22, 1.23 you fuck it up in the next version with some stuff or changes nobody needs!

Yeah, I feel bad about dragging you guys along with debugging. I really do. I have no other choice as I am a one man operation and my resources are quite limited, but this is obviously not an ideal situation. My feelings are therefore not hurt at all, but I need to point out that you don't quite understand my real intentions behind all these changes. For example, real-time memory timing mods are absolutely necessary to optimize memory timings for each algorithm when I implement profit-based automatic algorithm switching.

In any case, I have pretty clear ideas about what I would like GGS to become. I agree, however, that stability is more important than anything else, and I really appreciate your honest feedback.

you´re welcome...thats a good point with the memory timing, i didnt thought so far. i think hate to much lazy fucktards Grin
i believe in this project thats why i keep using ggs and search unintentionally for bugs Grin
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer

Yeah, I feel bad about dragging you guys along with debugging. I really do. I have no other choice as I am a one man operation and my resources are quite limited, but this is obviously not an ideal situation. My feelings are therefore not hurt at all, but I need to point out that you don't quite understand my real intentions behind all these changes. For example, real-time memory timing mods are absolutely necessary to optimize memory timings for each algorithm when I implement profit-based automatic algorithm switching.

In any case, I have pretty clear ideas about what I would like GGS to become. I agree, however, that stability is more important than anything else, and I really appreciate your honest feedback.
Activity: 37
Does anyone know how to solomine with GGS ?

My problem is with Orbitcoin (neoscrypt) that I can easily solomine with NSGminer pointed to the wallet. However, with GG or GGS, I've never been able to do it.
ONe Social Network.

miner restarted 2 times in 1 hour, 1.2.3 worked for days without 1 restart. i roll back.

example
first versions after addng graphs where very instable

example
" Added the "Boost Performance" automatic overclocking/undervolting feature for RX 470/480/570/580, R9 Nano, and HD 7990."
why wasting working time with something like this? Real Miners know to config their cards, every card needs its own config to run stable, even if its from the same brand with same memory. this feature will only cause problems because people will try it and it will not work  maybe proper on every system. on the other hand it will just support lazy fucktards who are to dumb and/or to lazy to do a simple biosflash, do some little research about settings for gpus.

example
planed on the fly memory mods
same as above for what? if somebody is to dumb or to lazy to do a biosflash, fuck him he deserves stock speed. you aint gonna earn more by supporting lazy fucktards.

if you want to increase your earnings why dont you focus on whats really important? Real Miners just wants a stable and fast miner. stability is even more important than speed, because nobody wants to check his rigs every hour.

- add new algos like equihash/skunkhash/tribus to gain new users
- optimise current algos and make them faster and stable(people goes there where the most profit is...faster/stable miner then other miners = gives people a reason to switch and pay the fee)
why should somebody for example switch from sgminer or xmrstak(0%fee version) if its running more stable and have same speed?

just my few cents  Wink Smiley
Miner Developer

ONe Social Network.
Gateless Gate Sharp 1.2.14 alpha
https://github.com/zawawawa/GatelessGateSharp/releases/tag/v1.2.14-alpha

* Addressed stability issues.
* Fixed issues with screen scaling.
* Added the "Boost Performance" automatic overclocking/undervolting feature for RX 470/480/570/580, R9 Nano, and HD 7990.
* Further reduced CPU usage.

Phew!

found bug, resizing miner window dont work anymore

and miner freezes all the time after exactly 50seconds(cryptonight)

i get the windows is loading circle when i hover over the miner and ggs is not responding

Thanks for the report! I will look into the second issue. It might be hardware-related, though.

yeah sorry it was something on my end, now its working after a reboot

edit : now its freezing again, 1.23 working fine, its something you changed in 1.24,25
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105

* Added the "Boost Performance" automatic overclocking/undervolting feature for RX 470/480/570/580, R9 Nano, and HD 7990.

Phew!

i get the windows is loading circle when i hover over the miner and ggs is not responding

Thanks for the report! I will look into the second issue. It might be hardware-related, though.
what algo do you use "performance boost" ??
Activity: 36
Works for like 2 minutes then it makes beeping noises and freezes..

Specs:
Windows 10
mixed AMD rig (290x/7950/480)
no overclock

Miner Developer

Phew!

Miner Developer
Gateless Gate Sharp 1.2.15 alpha
https://github.com/zawawawa/GatelessGateSharp/releases/tag/v1.2.15-alpha

* Fixed "Boost Performance."
* Enabled window resizing again.

Actually, "Boost Performance" wasn't enabled in the previous version. Sorry!
ONe Social Network.

Phew!

Miner Developer

Phew!
Pages:
Jump to: