Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 97. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 251
I will be focusing on the long due Equihash and optimizations for other algorithms for a week or two.
I really need to concentrate, so you may see me less often here. I will still fix critical bugs, though.

Have fun playing with the GDS.  :-)  I'm guessing you'll just be doing binary kernels?  If so, I'd still like to see your asm source.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
Now hashrate for Radeon 280/280X is much better.

4100 for 8 cards. Claymore 11.2 still faster (4500), but less stable. I thinks there is a room for improvement, my Asus 280X give 600 with Claymore 11.2, and only 530 with Gateless_Gate_Sharp_1.1.16. MSI 290 give 785 with Clay and 750 with Gateless.
https://image.ibb.co/fgJ0pw/116.jpg

RAW intensity for 280 is 56 and for 280X is 64. For 290 is 80. I guess it means 560, 640 and 800?

Claymore use 400 for 280/280X and 640 for 290. I tired that for GGS and result was much lower.

ps. Any plans for equihash?
pps: Any support of SSL pools? If yes - how?
ppps. Fan control must be disabled by default. 50% for all cards? People use Afterburner for that.

Thanks for hard work.

Activity: 176
Merit: 10
hi

vers 1.1.16     more stable for me but i have a prob: nicehash reject 100%.

when i try in "default pool" nicehash and my wallet,in log i have "nicehash mode is on",share accepted

but i put "custom pool" why the good adress,my worker,and password,in log  "nicehash mode is off" share rejected

in default mode i mine for me or you?
Activity: 119
Merit: 3
Hello o7
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (Samsung)
Video Driver:  388.71
MSI Afterburn: 4.4.2
Gateless_Gate_Sharp_1.1.16_alpha

Device #0: 252,01 Kh/s (NeoScrypt) vs other miner what can hit 550-650 Kh/s = very LOW speed
Device #0 (CryptoNight): 154,35 h/s vs ccminer.v.2.2.3 = 512 h/s = very LOW speed
Device #0 (Ethash): 23,16 Mh/s > is most close to a good speed 24 Mh/s = GOD speed

- this error was trow when Ethash i was test it:
[1] Exception: The given key was not present in the dictionary.   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at GatelessGateSharp.MainForm.UpdateStatsWithLongPolling()

Comment:

1. You try to do to many thing at this point, in stead focus on optimize miner algo aka miner application it not suppose to OC, Control Fan or tune in any way GPU > GPU tune it need to be done before any miner application (what ever it is) it start to be be use & miner it need just to use setting what is already done ... for that it exist MSI Afterburn, for that ppls make update & tune video bios, so short version your application need to start & mine. IF in future you can add extra option what allow to make fine tune is ok BUT first focus on optimize mining algorithm ...

2. Application is very lagy start, stop, close, open, change thing it response very slow & something it have habit to freze or not response for 10-15 sec

3. Warning with Windows Swap size is bad one for a system with 8 G ram & 2 video gpu asking to set 24 G Swap O.o really ?!?!?! 8 - 16 G swap is more that inaff for mining or gaming or anything what is need to be done, add an option to remove, ignore that warning from beginning ...

cheers
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
zawawa, upload source code of 1.1.16 to github. On releases section source code archive in 1.1.16 is from 1.1.15.

I just did. Thanks for the catch!
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Latest version works for me. Thank you for all the hard work.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
nice topic
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
This should be the solution to my problem using claymore, this miner bring more pain and headache, Anyway im new with this miner, Im using 10amd gpu compose of 6 rx 570 and 4 rx 480 all moded, and also using windows10 x64 1709 and 17.12.2 adrenalin driver with b250 mining expert board, I need your help, is your miner has a capacity to decrease the voltage, the latest driver doesn't support msi AB, I couldn't configure the mem clock and core clock and even the voltage.. I only have 3hrs of sleep for 3days to fine tuning my rig using this mobo and new driver...

need someone help, thanks
Claymore's CryptoNote miner 11.2 and Claymore's DUAL miner 10.3 supports clock/voltage managment with new adrenalin 17.12.x drivers.
GGS not support clocks/voltage changing yet. It will be in future.

How about the intensity what is the best setup the default is 1024 what is the best intesnsity mate?
In GGS from 1.1.14 intensity is 128 best for Polaris cards. 112 maybe too.
In Claymore i didn't know.

how about in GGS 1.1.16? Im using 6x rx570 and 4x rx 480 my rig restarted every 10-15 minutes with the default intensity and i changed the thread with 2
For 570 try to lower intensity to 112. If exists 480 with 4Gb for them lower intensity to 112 too.
If your cards undervolted try to higher GPU voltage +0.12V
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
This should be the solution to my problem using claymore, this miner bring more pain and headache, Anyway im new with this miner, Im using 10amd gpu compose of 6 rx 570 and 4 rx 480 all moded, and also using windows10 x64 1709 and 17.12.2 adrenalin driver with b250 mining expert board, I need your help, is your miner has a capacity to decrease the voltage, the latest driver doesn't support msi AB, I couldn't configure the mem clock and core clock and even the voltage.. I only have 3hrs of sleep for 3days to fine tuning my rig using this mobo and new driver...

Claymore's CryptoNote miner 11.2 and Claymore's DUAL miner 10.3 supports clock/voltage managment with new adrenalin 17.12.x drivers.

How about the intensity what is the best setup the default is 1024 what is the best intesnsity mate?

how about in GGS 1.1.16? Im using 6x rx570 and 4x rx 480 my rig restarted every 10-15 minutes with the default intensity and i changed the thread with 2

It seems the Polaris Bios Editor does detect the type of memory as the author is pointing out here:
https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor

Anyway, I did as I described in my earlier posts and the results are as I said "WOW".
To end this ping-pong I would agree to grant teamviewer access to zawawa to review my settings and extract the current running bios himself.

PBE can't detect memory type on your card. It work with your bios file. Some bioses designed for 1 type of memory, some for 2. If your memory sasmsung and bios for 2 samsung ang hynix, there is no need to edit hynix straps, they no affect on samsung memory.
PBE search bios file for all types of memory and edit straps for all types also.
zawawa, upload source code of 1.1.16 to github. On releases section source code archive in 1.1.16 is from 1.1.15.
Miner Developer
Gateless Gate Sharp 1.1.16 alpha
https://github.com/zawawawa/GatelessGateSharp/releases/tag/v1.1.16-alpha

* More bug fixes.

Well, it wasn't too long. lol
This version should be very solid, though.

I will be focusing on the long due Equihash and optimizations for other algorithms for a week or two.
I really need to concentrate, so you may see me less often here. I will still fix critical bugs, though.
Actually, I'm a real speed junkie when it comes to hashrates. I might even be able to get to NVIDIA cards.
We will see...
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
Hello there,

early in this thread someone asked if this miner was specifically optimized for AMD and @zawawa answered something like "yes but there is room for Nvidia optimization" (which I was obviously paraphrasing).

So I am wondering... is this miner worth using with Nvidia 10xx cards? Is there any plan to make it Nvidia friendly or is it AMD only? I know I can download it and try but if anyone can be bothered to let me know it will save time and frustration - all I see after briefly browsing a few posts are references to AMD RX cards. I used to use AMD R9 290s but when Nvidia's 10xx cards arrived I was able to halve my power consumption and move away from ETH mining as it's reward fell away. Currently using 4 x 1060, 4 x 1070 and 2 x 1080. I do still have one R9 290 left but it uses SO MUCH power that I only mine with it when it is really worth it.

So - anyone using this miner with Nvidia cards successfully?
Miner Developer
It turned out that the new version is a little too unforgiving for intermittent network connections. orz
I'm fixing it right now...
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
.15 freezing my system few minutes after startup...windows 10

Well, as the miner gets more efficient, the room for overclocking etc. becomes smaller, so there is no wonder.
I am planning massive optimizations soon, so you might want to wait for a little while.
One of my more ambitious goals is to render BIOS mods unnecessary. We will see.

sure i´ll wait...i raised voltage a littlebit now it seems to be stable
Miner Developer
.15 freezing my system few minutes after startup...windows 10

Well, as the miner gets more efficient, the room for overclocking etc. becomes smaller, so there is no wonder.
I am planning massive optimizations soon, so you might want to wait for a little while.
One of my more ambitious goals is to render BIOS mods unnecessary. We will see.
Pages:
Jump to: