Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners - page 4. (Read 9884 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 13, 2014, 03:48:33 PM
I have purchased just over 3.2Gh scrypt from GAW to date. There have been a few small bumps in the road, yes. They may have some delays in getting to your ticket. Afterall, the company does some pretty INSANE volume. But they have ALWAYS come through for me in the end. Bar none, no excuses, they come through. Try getting compensated for late delivery from another reseller and let me know how it goes! Smiley Try getting a refund for your KNC Titan, BFL Monarch, Alpha Tech, Flower Tech, etc. The list goes on! GAW is the only company that I know of who will make good on a pre-order refund and/or work with you to make it right.

It's no secret the manufacturer is having trouble with the SP30. Unfortunately this is NOT uncommon. Look at what just happened with the S3 miners? Pre-order hashrates are subject to change, like it or not. Your ordering a product that DOES NOT EXIST yet.

I don't agree. If a company advertises in black and white to sell a product with specifications and price stated clearly, they have to honour that order. If they cannot due to manufacturer issues (between GAW and Spondoolies) this is not my problem at all. I expect a refund option or credit option for the difference in specification, from GAW, not Spondoolies. This is consumer law, as the contract of sale is between me and GAW.
August 13, 2014, 03:39:52 PM
Has anyone had problems with GAW Miners?
I have ordered an SP30 from them when they were advertising 6TH/s @ $5095 (September batch 1 pre-order), order all paid for upfront.

I have posted a support ticket asking what credit/refund arrangements are they planning since the spec has been reduced to 4.5TH/s and Spondoolies are offering a new price of $3895.

They are not responding to any support tickets or emails.

Just thought I would share this with the community as a warning.

Hello!!

I am sincerely sorry for the delay in communication. I would be happy to get things moving along for you.

Can you please email me your order and ticket number at [email protected]

Sincerely,
Amber

Thanks, email sent
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 13, 2014, 01:04:52 PM
I have purchased just over 3.2Gh scrypt from GAW to date. There have been a few small bumps in the road, yes. They may have some delays in getting to your ticket. Afterall, the company does some pretty INSANE volume. But they have ALWAYS come through for me in the end. Bar none, no excuses, they come through. Try getting compensated for late delivery from another reseller and let me know how it goes! Smiley Try getting a refund for your KNC Titan, BFL Monarch, Alpha Tech, Flower Tech, etc. The list goes on! GAW is the only company that I know of who will make good on a pre-order refund and/or work with you to make it right.

It's no secret the manufacturer is having trouble with the SP30. Unfortunately this is NOT uncommon. Look at what just happened with the S3 miners? Pre-order hashrates are subject to change, like it or not. Your ordering a product that DOES NOT EXIST yet.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
August 13, 2014, 01:00:11 PM
I had a bad experience with a pre-order and late shipping with GAW.  Communication was horrible with them and emails went unanswered for a week and when they did answer they just asked me another question about my question to delay so another week went by.  Basically they promised shipping by x date.  On x date they created a shipping waybill and sent me the tracking number trying to make it seem like they shipped the product.  Well the FedEx tracking number they sent me just said that they created the shipping but never actually shipped the item.  They physically presented the item to FedEx a week later.  In the end I did get my miner late.  When I complained they promised that somebody else would contact me with information about compensation but that never happened and they closed my ticket of course.  I was one of the suckers burned on the Fury.  Pre-ordered it for $109 but by the time I got mine they were down to $80 and now you see them on their site for $35 sometimes (Oneminer).  I'm sure if I pushed the issue with them they would get me my compensation, but with scrypt mining rates in the toilet my time is worth more than that. 

Same experience here, Gaw emailed FedEx tracking number, but didn't actually hand the miner to FedEx until next week. It took over two weeks for delivery.

I have exactly the same problem except I've been waiting 3 weeks now, am onto my second tracking number and it still says "Initiated" not actually collected by FEDEX, which means it hasnt actually been shipped yet Sad

Hi!

I would be happy to look into the status of your delivery. Please email me your order number at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Amber
Activity: 77
August 13, 2014, 12:58:21 PM
I have ordered an SP30 from them when they were advertising 6TH/s @ $5095 (September batch 1 pre-order), order all paid for upfront.

I have posted a support ticket asking what credit/refund arrangements are they planning since the spec has been reduced to 4.5TH/s and Spondoolies are offering a new price of $3895.

Just thought I would share this with the community as a warning.

Hello!!

I am sincerely sorry for the delay in communication. I would be happy to get things moving along for you.

Can you please email me your order and ticket number at [email protected]

Sincerely,
Amber
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
August 13, 2014, 10:58:37 AM
I would recommend that no one keep coins online there to avoid having your BTC at risk.  Marketing hype is not a security standard.

my primary concern is delivery of the hosted equipment.  They say they will ship when I ask but given that they turned it up within minutes leads me to believe that I am not mining on my "purchased miner'....don't get me wrong, I appreciate that I begin mining nearly immediately, but I am curious to see what happens when I ask them to ship it to me.

Depends how you define your miner.  I'm assuming that they don't just store inventory on a warehouse shelf.  I'm guessing that as soon as product comes in they start working on getting them mining.  That's how they can just about instantly activate your "new order".  Or it could just be one giant hash pool that they have and they just have something running on zen miner that carves out the hash rate of the miner you bought and draws out a pretend graph with a plus or minus variance to make it look like an actual miner.  That's why I would like to see a little more transparency on zen miners and the ability to mine directly into a pool of your choice and directly into your own wallet.  Why shouldn't people be able to mine on a pool of their choice and enter backup pools of their choice and directly into their own wallets?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
August 13, 2014, 08:23:46 AM
Problem is not with GAW or ST, problem is trying to guess what the unit price is going to settle at comes shipping time... By september / october (guessing here) those units may be offered at 30% - 40% discount of today's price. When this happens we are going to be back here blaming everybody but ourselves for falling into the same trap yet again. Sorry, if this sounds harsh - just some bad memories.  

The issue here is that GAW offered a product where they stated the exact specs (6TH/s), if they then supply the product with 4.5 TH/s, this would demonstrate false advertising. This is the risk they have taken as a distributor by advertising the original SP30 specification as provided by Spondoolies and then taking credit card orders for it.

I received an update to my helpdesk ticket last night saying an announcement will be made in 24 hours, regarding plan of action from the CEO at GAW.

GAW acted as a reseller and used specs provided by the manufacturer. SP tech changed the specs last week and so did GAW.
You can read about it here: http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/news/14979953-introducing-the-sp30

I don't see how this is relevant. The discussion is about what will happen with existing GAW orders (paid in full) before the spec was changed and what refund approach will be offered to customers.

It is relevant because you just said they did false advertising while in fact they had no way of predicting the manufacturer will change the specs. Everybody who ordered miners from SP tech faced the same problem. As for the refund why not just ask them directly on the forum?
August 13, 2014, 06:04:22 AM
Problem is not with GAW or ST, problem is trying to guess what the unit price is going to settle at comes shipping time... By september / october (guessing here) those units may be offered at 30% - 40% discount of today's price. When this happens we are going to be back here blaming everybody but ourselves for falling into the same trap yet again. Sorry, if this sounds harsh - just some bad memories.  

The issue here is that GAW offered a product where they stated the exact specs (6TH/s), if they then supply the product with 4.5 TH/s, this would demonstrate false advertising. This is the risk they have taken as a distributor by advertising the original SP30 specification as provided by Spondoolies and then taking credit card orders for it.

I received an update to my helpdesk ticket last night saying an announcement will be made in 24 hours, regarding plan of action from the CEO at GAW.

GAW acted as a reseller and used specs provided by the manufacturer. SP tech changed the specs last week and so did GAW.
You can read about it here: http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/news/14979953-introducing-the-sp30

I don't see how this is relevant. The discussion is about what will happen with existing GAW orders (paid in full) before the spec was changed and what refund approach will be offered to customers.
Small Red and Bad
August 12, 2014, 04:47:14 PM

I had. I've posted my sad refund story already somewhere here... Yes, they refunded me, but it took a month and I lost some BTCs because of... What would you think?.. BTC to USD convert ratio changes! Looks that they intentionally waited for this...

Of course cute Amber apologized for this incident, but...  Undecided
Waited for what? The prices to change? If you lost BTC then it means the price went up and you got less for the $ if it by any chance went down you'd have received more BTC.
This is completely normal for a bitcoin businesses that pays taxes and bills in USD. It's also safer for them as BTC still unstable.

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
August 12, 2014, 02:42:27 PM

I had. I've posted my sad refund story already somewhere here... Yes, they refunded me, but it took a month and I lost some BTCs because of... What would you think?.. BTC to USD convert ratio changes! Looks that they intentionally waited for this...

Of course cute Amber apologized for this incident, but...  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
August 12, 2014, 12:59:40 PM
I am running a zen thread reporting on gaw miners.   they are okay.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=698679.0;all

I moderated it since I was going to delete  haters but the thread does not get haters. So take what you will.

I have to say one thing I empty my zen account after coins come into it.  They now offer a deal like interest if you leave coins in.

I have been burned by online hacks:

BIPS  owes me .39 btc at 1100usd price  or about 400 bucks that I will never see.

If you feel like leaving money in the zen account you get 5-6% on it. NOT for my taste.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
August 12, 2014, 11:30:42 AM
No issues with Gaw miners here personally, but that may just be me.
I observe GAW's threads for some time. Apparently it seems that some people wants to discredit this company and blame it for everything. Vast majority of people has no problem at all with their miners. If you think you can have perfect products which never breaks down think again because everything can break down in this world. The only difference is how company can handle customer support and I see GAW can handle people pretty well.
Small Red and Bad
August 12, 2014, 09:16:40 AM
Don't listen to that guy above hes just a paid shill by gaw .. this thread is just like version 2 of the other gaw thread where they get bashed .. same story of how they messed up but always fix it and pay off customers... guys..  how about you have no problems instead of always trying to fix them

everyone be your own judge and read through this here people were even paid off to erase messages fromo there too

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gaw-miners-scryptsha256-miners-and-hashlet-cloud-independent-feedback-thread-537912

This guy is an alt account of the OP of the above thread and a spammer, which was pointed out by another user.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8150574
Idiot can't even write a coherent sentence, pathetic.
Activity: 238
Kia ora!
August 11, 2014, 11:22:20 PM
A scammer knows a scammer.

So do you have any evidence of your claims?
Activity: 110
August 11, 2014, 11:05:38 PM
Avoid gaw miners at all costs!

And we should trust you why ?

JennaK
Trust: -11: -2 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Activity: 110
August 11, 2014, 10:32:14 PM
I've been waiting 3 weeks plus for my Black Widow, and an "appreciation" fury just appeared in my cloud account...... hush money?, I think so!!
Activity: 121
August 11, 2014, 10:30:59 PM
I would recommend that no one keep coins online there to avoid having your BTC at risk.  Marketing hype is not a security standard.

my primary concern is delivery of the hosted equipment.  They say they will ship when I ask but given that they turned it up within minutes leads me to believe that I am not mining on my "purchased miner'....don't get me wrong, I appreciate that I begin mining nearly immediately, but I am curious to see what happens when I ask them to ship it to me.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
August 11, 2014, 10:23:13 PM
Activity: 121
August 11, 2014, 10:07:27 PM
Watching closely but so far my experience has been positive

they provided me a free raspberry Pi- unsolicited - as a "thanks" for purchasing scrypt miners

I had an issue where the price of my pre-purchase hosted S3 fell on their site before they turned mine up....they credited me the difference in a coupon

they provided me a free hosted GAW scrypt miner as an "appreciation"

turned up my purchased scrypt miners that I ordered with the above coupon within minutes

just cashed out my BTC balance to see if concerns about payouts in this thread were warranted....payout went immediately.

That said, I have some lingering concerns.....their hosting only points to their workers and they pay you a percentage based on your hash rate.  While this seems to have worked in my favor so far, I would really rather that they let me point my hosted miners to my workers so I can track more closely

They do show daily payouts in their Zencloud panel - which isn't bad - but I would rather they show block payouts for the pools so the process is more transparent

so far, over the past few weeks, even though I have concerns and will continue to watch closely, is that their hosting is a pretty decent value and they have rather good tools.

Let's hope they continue this trend and improve as well
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
August 11, 2014, 09:27:41 PM
NEVER trust ANYONE with your BTC !!!!!!!!! It's happened with many exchanges/online wallet sites,OOPPS sorry we lost your BTC in a hack...........  Roll Eyes

Keep them in a wallet on YOUR PC,encrypt it BEFORE you put BTC in,in case you got the password wrong  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: