Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Miners - page 5. (Read 9874 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
August 11, 2014, 09:20:13 PM
Don't listen to that guy above hes just a paid shill by gaw .. this thread is just like version 2 of the other gaw thread where they get bashed .. same story of how they messed up but always fix it and pay off customers... guys..  how about you have no problems instead of always trying to fix them

everyone be your own judge and read through this here people were even paid off to erase messages fromo there too

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gaw-miners-scryptsha256-miners-and-hashlet-cloud-independent-feedback-thread-537912

Thanks, one my threads asking about security of bitcoins kept at GAW was closed on hashtalk. They want customers to keep bitcoins there and get "rewards" and up to 11% back for keeping them stored there. Naturally, I wanted to know if they were planning on using customer deposits to fund investments and how coins would be secured. So what happened, the owner of GAW closed the thread.  Not a good sign...
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
August 11, 2014, 11:08:22 AM
I had a bad experience with a pre-order and late shipping with GAW.  Communication was horrible with them and emails went unanswered for a week and when they did answer they just asked me another question about my question to delay so another week went by.  Basically they promised shipping by x date.  On x date they created a shipping waybill and sent me the tracking number trying to make it seem like they shipped the product.  Well the FedEx tracking number they sent me just said that they created the shipping but never actually shipped the item.  They physically presented the item to FedEx a week later.  In the end I did get my miner late.  When I complained they promised that somebody else would contact me with information about compensation but that never happened and they closed my ticket of course.  I was one of the suckers burned on the Fury.  Pre-ordered it for $109 but by the time I got mine they were down to $80 and now you see them on their site for $35 sometimes (Oneminer).  I'm sure if I pushed the issue with them they would get me my compensation, but with scrypt mining rates in the toilet my time is worth more than that. 

That sounds like my story.........but I kept at it & got my compensation  Wink  Like I said Amber was the only one who I could communicate with & her hands were tied as to getting anything accomplished  Roll Eyes

I've moved on to Zoomhash,they actually answer their phone & communicate very well & shipped my units in a very timely manner  Cool

Gonna give ZigHash a try,they take Paypal,like Zoomhash does  Wink  Let ya know how that goes in a few days.

Glad to hear you got your compensation.  The frustration just wasn't worth the hassle to me.  One of the reasons I went with GAW in the first place was that they were one of the few places that accept credit cards.  I also ended up getting an Antminer S3 through them again because of the credit card payment, but let me know how it works out with ZigHash since they take Paypal.  It'll be nice to have options.  As far as the Antminer goes, it came with one month free hosting which seems to be going well for now.  The order came up within 24 hours and it's hashing away, but the statistics seem to be lacking.  Payouts are once a day and all you can see is your hash rate and which pool you picked.  Everything else is pretty much invisible.  You don't enter your own account or worker info so basically it is on the honor system that they are paying you the correct amount.  Now my next worry is how much of a hassle it is going to be to get my miner shipped to me once the free month is up.
legendary
August 11, 2014, 10:54:13 AM
Things are not that good right now, all I can chalk it up to is that the owner is not focused on the core business. There's a lot of marketing, advertising, new incentive programs, and things like that going on (such as the purchase of btc.com for a million bucks).  Support questions go on unanswered for weeks, they tell you to go on hashtalk for "community support", equipment does not ship on time. They also recently merged with zenminer and so the cloud management software they have is a mess at the moment, incorrect charges are appearing, bugs with maintenance fees, coupons raise the cost of an item rather than subtract. Right now, they want customers to leave bitcoins deposited for "points" that you can trade in, but they haven't disclosed how bitcoins will be secured and why they want customers to leave bitcoins in accounts there. I'm waiting for my miners to be delivered like other posters here and once they are I'll move on. They also got into some weird fight with Gridseed that made no sense either with lots of allegations. The owner is giving bluster to KNC right now about pre-orders for the Titan product, but they have a pre-order miner (Vaultbreaker) that they haven't delivered yet either. It's a giant windstorm of nonsense and meanwhile customers like us are paying the price while their management is heavily distracted. Also, they have their staff in these forums peppering threads and urging people over to hashtalk for answers... it just ain't right.

I'm guessing they have their hosting center full of Vaultbreakers at the moment and they're mining scrypt coins to death before releasing them to the consumers.  I'm curious to see what they do with all their purchases, but I'm guessing they're expanding too fast.  If they can't get shipping their products down or have the man power to handle support then this has failure written all over it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
August 11, 2014, 08:02:41 AM
Problem is not with GAW or ST, problem is trying to guess what the unit price is going to settle at comes shipping time... By september / october (guessing here) those units may be offered at 30% - 40% discount of today's price. When this happens we are going to be back here blaming everybody but ourselves for falling into the same trap yet again. Sorry, if this sounds harsh - just some bad memories.  

The issue here is that GAW offered a product where they stated the exact specs (6TH/s), if they then supply the product with 4.5 TH/s, this would demonstrate false advertising. This is the risk they have taken as a distributor by advertising the original SP30 specification as provided by Spondoolies and then taking credit card orders for it.

I received an update to my helpdesk ticket last night saying an announcement will be made in 24 hours, regarding plan of action from the CEO at GAW.

GAW acted as a reseller and used specs provided by the manufacturer. SP tech changed the specs last week and so did GAW.
You can read about it here: http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/news/14979953-introducing-the-sp30
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 11, 2014, 05:07:45 AM
Problem is not with GAW or ST, problem is trying to guess what the unit price is going to settle at comes shipping time... By september / october (guessing here) those units may be offered at 30% - 40% discount of today's price. When this happens we are going to be back here blaming everybody but ourselves for falling into the same trap yet again. Sorry, if this sounds harsh - just some bad memories. 

The issue here is that GAW offered a product where they stated the exact specs (6TH/s), if they then supply the product with 4.5 TH/s, this would demonstrate false advertising. This is the risk they have taken as a distributor by advertising the original SP30 specification as provided by Spondoolies and then taking credit card orders for it.

I received an update to my helpdesk ticket last night saying an announcement will be made in 24 hours, regarding plan of action from the CEO at GAW.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
August 11, 2014, 01:02:38 AM
Things are not that good right now, all I can chalk it up to is that the owner is not focused on the core business. There's a lot of marketing, advertising, new incentive programs, and things like that going on (such as the purchase of btc.com for a million bucks).  Support questions go on unanswered for weeks, they tell you to go on hashtalk for "community support", equipment does not ship on time. They also recently merged with zenminer and so the cloud management software they have is a mess at the moment, incorrect charges are appearing, bugs with maintenance fees, coupons raise the cost of an item rather than subtract. Right now, they want customers to leave bitcoins deposited for "points" that you can trade in, but they haven't disclosed how bitcoins will be secured and why they want customers to leave bitcoins in accounts there. I'm waiting for my miners to be delivered like other posters here and once they are I'll move on. They also got into some weird fight with Gridseed that made no sense either with lots of allegations. The owner is giving bluster to KNC right now about pre-orders for the Titan product, but they have a pre-order miner (Vaultbreaker) that they haven't delivered yet either. It's a giant windstorm of nonsense and meanwhile customers like us are paying the price while their management is heavily distracted. Also, they have their staff in these forums peppering threads and urging people over to hashtalk for answers... it just ain't right.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
August 10, 2014, 08:53:26 PM
I had a bad experience with a pre-order and late shipping with GAW.  Communication was horrible with them and emails went unanswered for a week and when they did answer they just asked me another question about my question to delay so another week went by.  Basically they promised shipping by x date.  On x date they created a shipping waybill and sent me the tracking number trying to make it seem like they shipped the product.  Well the FedEx tracking number they sent me just said that they created the shipping but never actually shipped the item.  They physically presented the item to FedEx a week later.  In the end I did get my miner late.  When I complained they promised that somebody else would contact me with information about compensation but that never happened and they closed my ticket of course.  I was one of the suckers burned on the Fury.  Pre-ordered it for $109 but by the time I got mine they were down to $80 and now you see them on their site for $35 sometimes (Oneminer).  I'm sure if I pushed the issue with them they would get me my compensation, but with scrypt mining rates in the toilet my time is worth more than that. 

Same experience here, Gaw emailed FedEx tracking number, but didn't actually hand the miner to FedEx until next week. It took over two weeks for delivery.

I have exactly the same problem except I've been waiting 3 weeks now, am onto my second tracking number and it still says "Initiated" not actually collected by FEDEX, which means it hasnt actually been shipped yet Sad
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
August 10, 2014, 08:24:43 PM

Same experience here, Gaw emailed FedEx tracking number, but didn't actually hand the miner to FedEx until next week. It took over two weeks for delivery.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
August 10, 2014, 08:09:47 PM

That sounds like my story.........but I kept at it & got my compensation  Wink  Like I said Amber was the only one who I could communicate with & her hands were tied as to getting anything accomplished  Roll Eyes

I've moved on to Zoomhash,they actually answer their phone & communicate very well & shipped my units in a very timely manner  Cool

Gonna give ZigHash a try,they take Paypal,like Zoomhash does  Wink  Let ya know how that goes in a few days.
legendary
August 10, 2014, 07:59:43 PM
Activity: 282
Merit: 250
August 10, 2014, 02:52:16 PM
Been a customer since day 1 of their business. They have always made right, but sometimes it can be a challenge to get things straightened out.

If you have an immediate issue, it is best to call them. Try to get Amber or Josh.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
August 10, 2014, 01:37:04 PM
pretty sure they offer activation within 24 hours or the miner is free.   I'd get a refund if possible and just get a bunch of s3's that would be hashing by tomorrow!

I went the route of s-3's not the sp30.
Activity: 504
August 10, 2014, 01:26:48 PM
pretty sure they offer activation within 24 hours or the miner is free.   I'd get a refund if possible and just get a bunch of s3's that would be hashing by tomorrow!
Activity: 605
August 10, 2014, 01:25:51 PM
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
August 10, 2014, 12:47:32 PM
Thanks for the info. I tried that chat window thing, it always says nobody is available and to leave a message, which takes you to the support tickets which nobody looks at.
I will PM their CEO, thanks for the link  Smiley

they also have a large website at this link

https://hashtalk.org/  

and the spon sp30's have a thread that i just started.

you could sign into hashtalk and post on the thread below

https://hashtalk.org/t/is-the-sp30-to-be-hosted-on-the-zen-cloud/5437
Activity: 714
August 10, 2014, 09:16:36 AM
Why not buy S3 directly from manufacturer?
Because Gaw miners provides free hosting for 1 month.This might be the reason to buy from gaw.  Grin
Well, it isn´t exactly free, it is just included in the price (so is the PSU when hosting).

You also have no minimum order quantity, and they were/ are available for 480$ on ZenMiner.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012
August 10, 2014, 07:00:14 AM
Because Gaw miners provides free hosting for 1 month.This might be the reason to buy from gaw.  Grin
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
August 10, 2014, 06:40:58 AM
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 10, 2014, 03:15:12 AM
Thanks for the info. I tried that chat window thing, it always says nobody is available and to leave a message, which takes you to the support tickets which nobody looks at.
I will PM their CEO, thanks for the link  Smiley
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
August 09, 2014, 07:57:58 PM
keep calm. customer support at gaw is very good. but they are very busy at the moment, many projects..
i could refund two antminer S3 preorders ( each 600 usd ), just to buy the same day instant activated miners for 550 usd
you could also use the chatbox on the lower left corner at gawminers.com
Pages:
Jump to: