Pages:
Author

Topic: [GB]Terraminer IV #5, Coinsortium - page 3. (Read 62020 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
StayFocus and LIVE
August 13, 2014, 01:33:46 PM
Who's the Escrow agent Huh HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Hello

Grin

Please read additional posts in this thread and the answer to your question will become self-evident.

Thank you for all your help and effort Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615
August 13, 2014, 12:57:04 PM
I would like it to be clarified if the so-called "5th unit" that was delivered late is in fact unit #3 (the one sent back to Cointerra) in our gb. For accounting purposes.

I suspect so, but only soniq can answer that question for certain.
legendary
August 13, 2014, 12:55:55 PM

Hello

Grin

Please read additional posts in this thread and the answer to your question will become self-evident.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
StayFocus and LIVE
August 13, 2014, 12:47:40 PM
The escrow agent wants me and the buyer to come to a final agreement. But after several months of not settling on an agreement, its obvious we need the escrow agent to make a final decision. But he(escrow agent)seems reluctant to do so.

Activity: 178
Merit: 102
August 13, 2014, 12:45:22 PM
I would like it to be clarified if the so-called "5th unit" that was delivered late is in fact unit #3 (the one sent back to Cointerra) in our gb. For accounting purposes.
legendary
August 13, 2014, 12:38:34 PM
Oh please...soniq actually worried about his account lol like he can't just make a new one...

Perhaps, perhaps not.  I don't get the impression that soniq is happy with how this has all turned out, but you could be right.

Mike shouldn't be all that unhappy if the unit works somewhat then he has been mining this whole time on it and will likely get fully refunded for it...I'd gladly be in his shoes right now...that surely is better then giving soniq money n seeing nothing for it...

You are not familiar enough with the details of the transaction to declare such a statement to be fact.  I assure you that MikeMike is definitely NOT happy with how this transaction has played out.  He may be more or less happy than you, but your unhappiness does not define his.

How bout this...you just refund Mike all his btc so at least one person is happy with what soniq has done?

I can not do that.  As escrow agent, I am obligated to enforce the terms of the agreement as closely as possible.

Not like I trust soniq to actually payout and even if he did  he'll probably skim off it..not like we could find out he did or not cause his accounting sucks...

There is nothing I can do about that.  I was not asked to hold escrow for this transaction.

and Danny you should be fine...I'm sure nobody will hold you liable for anything in this mess...

I only hope you are correct.  Regardless, it has still been a huge waste of my time to try and resolve the mess between MikeMike and soniq. I've spent a rather significant amount of time organizing and cataloging the many emails and PMs that I received regarding this transaction just to keep straight who said what and when.  I certainly can't say it was one of my more enjoyable escrows.
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
August 13, 2014, 12:27:12 PM
well now that is even worse...if he doesn't want the 5th unit, now months have pasted, even thou its soniq fault, we're the ones that are gona get screwed cause he won't be able to sell it for 7.8btc anymore and lost out on the mining this whole time Sad this whole thing is just one big clusterfuck that i wish i never entered Sad

Correct.  sonic messed up.  Therefore, no matter what happens, there are going to be people that come out of this unhappy. Now its just a matter of who will be unhappy, and how unhappy they will be.

Actually the only unhappy ppl will be us...mikemike will still get a great deal while we are left holding the bag...soniq shouldn't be unhappy cause he had nothing tied up in this...

MikeMike is definitely NOT happy with the situation.  He has NOT gotten a great deal. He has a faulty miner that doesn't work properly and a miner that arrived too late to be worth the amount he is being asked to pay for it.

Soniq is also NOT happy with the situation.  His reputation has been severely damaged.

You are also NOT happy with the situation, as you've already indicated.

I am also not happy with the situation.  This escrow has taken magnitudes more of my time to resolve than any other escrow I've ever held.  It has left me practically begging parties to respond to PM and emails. With no happy parties involved, a gratuity is rather unlikely.  The best I can hope for at this point is to get this mess behind me with my integrity intact.

Oh please...soniq actually worried about his account lol like he can't just make a new one...Mike shouldn't be all that unhappy if the unit works somewhat then he has been mining this whole time on it and will likely get fully refunded for it...I'd gladly be in his shoes right now...that surely is better then giving soniq money n seeing nothing for it...if that bastard was so afraid of his account rep then he wouldn't have handled his gb's so poorly...we all begged him not to sell...

How bout this...you just refund Mike all his btc so at least one person is happy with what soniq has done?

Not like I trust soniq to actually payout and even if he did  he'll probably skim off it..not like we could find out he did or not cause his accounting sucks...and Danny you should be fine...I'm sure nobody will hold you liable for anything in this mess...it really is all soniq fault
legendary
August 13, 2014, 12:07:33 PM
well now that is even worse...if he doesn't want the 5th unit, now months have pasted, even thou its soniq fault, we're the ones that are gona get screwed cause he won't be able to sell it for 7.8btc anymore and lost out on the mining this whole time Sad this whole thing is just one big clusterfuck that i wish i never entered Sad

Correct.  sonic messed up.  Therefore, no matter what happens, there are going to be people that come out of this unhappy. Now its just a matter of who will be unhappy, and how unhappy they will be.

Actually the only unhappy ppl will be us...mikemike will still get a great deal while we are left holding the bag...soniq shouldn't be unhappy cause he had nothing tied up in this...

MikeMike is definitely NOT happy with the situation.  He has NOT gotten a great deal. He has a faulty miner that doesn't work properly and a miner that arrived too late to be worth the amount he is being asked to pay for it.

Soniq is also NOT happy with the situation.  His reputation has been severely damaged.

You are also NOT happy with the situation, as you've already indicated.

I am also not happy with the situation.  This escrow has taken magnitudes more of my time to resolve than any other escrow I've ever held.  It has left me practically begging parties to respond to PM and emails. With no happy parties involved, a gratuity is rather unlikely.  The best I can hope for at this point is to get this mess behind me with my integrity intact.

August 13, 2014, 11:43:36 AM

legendary
August 13, 2014, 09:12:03 AM

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
August 13, 2014, 07:16:43 AM
regardless, it has to end now and we get what we can
August 13, 2014, 06:57:49 AM
legendary
August 13, 2014, 03:29:50 AM
Soniq, please respond as soon as possible to the following post indicating if the stated terms are acceptable for release of escrow:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8326190

Once I have authorization from both you and MikeMike, and the bitcoin address you want the funds sent to, I will immediately release escrow.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
August 13, 2014, 02:51:24 AM
so this whole time he gets to sit there and mine with them, all the while our btc has been locked up? seems like a pretty sweet deal for him Sad

Not exactly.  One miner was not 100% functional.  Another was received nearly a month late and is no longer wanted, but soniq refuses to provide an address to return the miner.  Both parties have been making an attempt at coming to an agreement on how to handle compensation for soniq failing to live up to the terms of the original agreement.  So long as both parties are willing to work on a renegotiation, I am not going to force them to stop.  Once the parties tell me that they cannot come to an agreement on the release of escrow, I will enforce the original agreement.

Can you provide more details?  Who is the buyer and who is the escrow agent.

How much BTC is under dispute?

I'm pretty sure this is the transaction being discussed:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/public-discussion-escrow-dispute-soniq-mikemike-600805

If so, then I am the escrow agent.

I believe 7.8 BTC is under dispute.

he(escrow agent)seems reluctant to do so.

soniq, please stop lying.

I've been happy to enforce the original escrow agreement all along.  You and the buyer have decided that you would rather renegotiate, since neither of you were very happy with the likely outcome of the original agreement. Most of the delay has been the months that have gone by with no response from you whatsoever while the buyer repeatedly tried to contact you.

Please note, that the original agreement states that the buyer can return the equipment for a $200 fee, but you have refused to provide a return address for the equipment.  Refusal to accept returned equipment can be seen as a breach of the agreement and can forfeit the full purchase price of the unit. Since the buyer is willing to return it, he is due a full refund regardless of whether you have changed your mind about accepting the return.

The reason that neither party has asked me to enforce the original agreement yet is because the buyer feels that 2.50496981 BTC is insufficient compensation for the problems you have caused, and is therefore likely to demand a full refund and return of the unit to you, and you are unwilling to accept the refund of 7.8 BTC in exchange for the return of the unit.

I have only been asked today by soniq to enforce the original agreement.  I am waiting 48 hours for the buyer to either dispute the delivery date, or demand a refund.  If neither happens in the next 48 hours, the escrow will be released.  If the buyer does either of the above, then the amount to be released from escrow will need to be recalculated.

could escrow be released for the 1st 4 miners while #5 is still being disputed?

It could if the buyer agrees to it.

IF this is our situation then I agree to release the escrow for the 4- received miners.
This could have been done months ago and I want to apologize for not realizing it was holding this situation up for all involved.

Most Sincerely,
MM
legendary
August 13, 2014, 01:51:30 AM
so this whole time he gets to sit there and mine with them, all the while our btc has been locked up? seems like a pretty sweet deal for him Sad

Not exactly.  One miner was not 100% functional.  Another was received nearly a month late and is no longer wanted, but soniq refuses to provide an address to return the miner.  Both parties have been making an attempt at coming to an agreement on how to handle compensation for soniq failing to live up to the terms of the original agreement.  So long as both parties are willing to work on a renegotiation, I am not going to force them to stop.  Once the parties tell me that they cannot come to an agreement on the release of escrow, I will enforce the original agreement.

Can you provide more details?  Who is the buyer and who is the escrow agent.

How much BTC is under dispute?

I'm pretty sure this is the transaction being discussed:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/public-discussion-escrow-dispute-soniq-mikemike-600805

If so, then I am the escrow agent.

I believe 7.8 BTC is under dispute.

he(escrow agent)seems reluctant to do so.

soniq, please stop lying.

I've been happy to enforce the original escrow agreement all along.  You and the buyer have decided that you would rather renegotiate, since neither of you were very happy with the likely outcome of the original agreement. Most of the delay has been the months that have gone by with no response from you whatsoever while the buyer repeatedly tried to contact you.

Please note, that the original agreement states that the buyer can return the equipment for a $200 fee, but you have refused to provide a return address for the equipment.  Refusal to accept returned equipment can be seen as a breach of the agreement and can forfeit the full purchase price of the unit. Since the buyer is willing to return it, he is due a full refund regardless of whether you have changed your mind about accepting the return.

The reason that neither party has asked me to enforce the original agreement yet is because the buyer feels that 2.50496981 BTC is insufficient compensation for the problems you have caused, and is therefore likely to demand a full refund and return of the unit to you, and you are unwilling to accept the refund of 7.8 BTC in exchange for the return of the unit.

I have only been asked today by soniq to enforce the original agreement.  I am waiting 48 hours for the buyer to either dispute the delivery date, or demand a refund.  If neither happens in the next 48 hours, the escrow will be released.  If the buyer does either of the above, then the amount to be released from escrow will need to be recalculated.

It could if the buyer agrees to it.
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
August 13, 2014, 01:25:49 AM
Also, Soniq/Larry, what is stopping you from releasing the mined bitcoin funds?

At first I wanted to make it all in one payent  to save costs, my programmer does not work for free. And I thought the sale of the miners would be much quicker than this.

Its hard to believe you been silent this long.  Just have the escrow pay us directly I don't think you need to hold any more of our coins hostage for months.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
August 12, 2014, 09:19:09 PM

At first I wanted to make it all in one payent  to save costs, my programmer does not work for free. And I thought the sale of the miners would be much quicker than this.

Activity: 285
August 11, 2014, 10:42:33 PM
Activity: 285
August 11, 2014, 12:40:01 PM
Please and thank you, Larry, I will also consider removing my negative feedback.  Can we close this chapter and move on
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
August 11, 2014, 10:34:01 AM
Pages:
Jump to: