Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience 2Pac/Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread - page 57. (Read 177300 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello All, I've been going through this thread trying to see any similar issues to what I'm seeing with no luck so far.

I have just setup a new RaspberrPi3 with the latest Raspian image. I have been able to get the vthoang cgminer 4.10 setup and working, and with two(2) 2pac on a powered USB hub the SW launches and logs into my pool with no problems. I'm running at the default freq of 100 for now. After some amt of time, anywhere from 2-6hrs the Pi seems to crash and is unreachable. I'm not exactly sure where to start to see what kind of problem I'm running into. the Pi is running headless so there is no screen to look at. Any suggestions?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
If you're not using cgminer with VH's driver from the first post of this thread, the 2Pac stick won't work. I don't know what compatibility requirements there are between cgminer and your work source, but first make sure you're using the right cgminer.
Activity: 28
Research the hows of solo mining ?
You believe me if I tell you that I am in full of.

OK I'LL BE CLEARER NOW

I have a NVIDIA gtx980. I can and i know mining directly with the wallet !!! ex "ccminer-x64 -t 1 -a sha256d -o 127.0.0.1:35651 -O user:password" : Is good
I have a baikal mini. I can and i know mining directly with the wallet !!! ex 192.168.0.40:60029 x11 user password : Is good
I have a GekkoScience 2Pac . I dont can and i dont know mining directly with the wallet !!! ex cgminer.exe -o http://localhost:33332 -O user:password --gekko-2pac-freq 150 --btc-address MEcXEiE2re5oGSdgNRyLp7gDU8XfFj4dyA : Is not good Why? (Marycoin)
I know nothing about Marycoin, but reading the announcement thread, perhaps the 2pac (ASIC) isn't supported yet? Total guess btw, just interpreting the last post by the Marycoin dev.

Ok thanks I understand better now
legendary
What software are you running locally to generate work?

What version of cgminer are you trying to run the stick with?
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!

OK I'LL BE CLEARER NOW

I have a NVIDIA gtx980. I can and i know mining directly with the wallet !!! ex "ccminer-x64 -t 1 -a sha256d -o 127.0.0.1:35651 -O user:password" : Is good
I have a baikal mini. I can and i know mining directly with the wallet !!! ex 192.168.0.40:60029 x11 user password : Is good
I have a GekkoScience 2Pac . I dont can and i dont know mining directly with the wallet !!! ex cgminer.exe -o http://localhost:33332 -O user:password --gekko-2pac-freq 150 --btc-address MEcXEiE2re5oGSdgNRyLp7gDU8XfFj4dyA : Is not good Why? (Marycoin)
And we will try to be clearer:
THIS IS A BITCOIN-ONLY HARDWARE THREAD. You have a software issue so post in the correct SOFTWARE threads. Be aware that -ck who wrote cgminer ONLY supports BTC mining questions. CGminer has been forked to mine other coins and for them you need to post in the ALTCOIN software areas because -ck does NOT support any altcoin forks of his software.

The Gekkoscience Compac and 2pac's ONLY mine SHA256D coins meaning primarily BTC along with a very small handfull of other SHA256D algo coins..
Activity: 43

OK I'LL BE CLEARER NOW

I know nothing about Marycoin, but reading the announcement thread, perhaps the 2pac (ASIC) isn't supported yet? Total guess btw, just interpreting the last post by the Marycoin dev.
legendary
Hi please,
How setup cgminer / GekkoScience for solo local mining (not for biccion)
I m test this option but dont work for me

cgminer.exe -o http://localhost:33332 -O user:password --gekko-2pac-freq 150 --btc-address MEcXEiE2re5oGSdgNRyLp7gDU8XfFj4dyA

With

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
rpcallowip=192.168.1.10
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcconnect=localhost
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
maxconnections=50
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=35051
port=35053

but he refuses all my bocks

I m test with ccminer and that work why?

You've already asked the question once, in the right place. I don't think you provided enough coherent information to get much of an answer, so maybe you should go back over there and elaborate on your problem instead of posting here and way the heck off topic.

It's simple I want examples of local mining that works

this product only funtoin with a pool ?

Just like any other miner in existence, it only functions with a pool - or some other source of work. Do you have any local pool or node setup? Instead of asking for help with the stick itself, maybe you should research the hows of solo mining.

For the record - that's not something I've ever set up so I don't know the details. If you want to solomine, the easiest thing most folks do is point cgminer to solo.ckpool
Activity: 2
Is it really profitable to mine Bitcoin using USB-Stick miner??
Almost certainly not.

...Somebody following this thread, waste money, just cause we want to?Huh
 ........Nah!!
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
(because if you have a second machine you don't have to stop and reboot every time you need to go back to your Mac stuff)

If someone doesn't like this, then they may install Parallels (that runs alongside the OSX), then Ubuntu.
Buying $200 laptop for a specific purpose? I would not do it, but, heck, people do what they want to do.
legendary
(because if you have a second machine you don't have to stop and reboot every time you need to go back to your Mac stuff)
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078

My recommendation to everyone running a Mac is to go to Walmart or any other discount store and pick up a cheap laptop for $200 or less and be done with it.

$200 wasted (maybe). If you already have a mac, you can partition the hard drive using Bootcamp (default program) and install free Ubuntu Linux or Debian on the second partition. You could even install Win 7 or 10 on it to your heart desire, but I suggest Linux or Debian for sticks-it makes running them super easy (typically). You may do the same on PC (make a second partition and install Ubuntu). Seeing all those complains about Win and sticks, I don't know why you guys cling to Win so much.
I use Windows 7 and 10 in my work, and it is fine, but totally unnecessary in running sticks and/or any mining besides, maybe Vega.
legendary
Almost certainly not.
Activity: 4
Is it really profitable to mine Bitcoin using USB-Stick miner??
legendary
The short answer - no. The long answer involves searching to see if your question has already been asked and answered about eighty-five times already, with a slight side-venture into what "ASIC" means.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
Hiii ...I need info about this GekkoScience 2Pac  from experience member here using this miner..
other than bitcoin/sha.. what type algo/coin can mining with this GekkoScience 2Pac ..x11 or scrypt can mining with this..i searching cheaper mining like this for mining new altcoin on market using x11 and scrypt algo... Cool
Activity: 28
Hi please,
How setup cgminer / GekkoScience for solo local mining (not for biccion)
I m test this option but dont work for me

cgminer.exe -o http://localhost:33332 -O user:password --gekko-2pac-freq 150 --btc-address MEcXEiE2re5oGSdgNRyLp7gDU8XfFj4dyA

With

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
rpcallowip=192.168.1.10
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcconnect=localhost
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
maxconnections=50
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=35051
port=35053

but he refuses all my bocks

I m test with ccminer and that work why?

Activity: 52
On Amazon the Beelink BT3 pro mini PC! This little micro PC was a total life saver for me to get a PC controller up and running.

legendary
Better to go to a local computer shop and pick up a decent used/refurb for half that. It's recycling, and also keeps money in the local economy, and also is cheaper.
Activity: 61
...Admittedly, it was a real bitch to compile cgminer of anykind for macOS, so I understand your pain. Keep trying, you'll get there. Just make sure you read the brew install error messages very carefully. Some of the module names are not the same as you have for apt-get in Linux/Ubuntu, so you'll have to try variations in brew to get them to install correctly.
Can't emphasise this enough. It was a breeze setting it up on a Pi (Debian), but on macOS, woowee I remember it feeling like a never-ending game of solve-one-error... then scour the some obscure github comments section for some alternate switch or package update... only to encounter another error, sigh... and repeat Cry
It did work in the end though, so hang in there. Just hope I archived the cobbled how-to txt doc if I need to repeat the process in the future. Fingers crossed I won't as it's been chundling along happily on a pi zero for quite a while now. For the low price, they're a great option worth considering.

My recommendation to everyone running a Mac is to go to Walmart or any other discount store and pick up a cheap laptop for $200 or less and be done with it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 266
...Admittedly, it was a real bitch to compile cgminer of anykind for macOS, so I understand your pain. Keep trying, you'll get there. Just make sure you read the brew install error messages very carefully. Some of the module names are not the same as you have for apt-get in Linux/Ubuntu, so you'll have to try variations in brew to get them to install correctly.
Can't emphasise this enough. It was a breeze setting it up on a Pi (Debian), but on macOS, woowee I remember it feeling like a never-ending game of solve-one-error... then scour the some obscure github comments section for some alternate switch or package update... only to encounter another error, sigh... and repeat Cry
It did work in the end though, so hang in there. Just hope I archived the cobbled how-to txt doc if I need to repeat the process in the future. Fingers crossed I won't as it's been chundling along happily on a pi zero for quite a while now. For the low price, they're a great option worth considering.

Good to know.
Pages:
Jump to: