Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience 2Pac/Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread - page 54. (Read 177300 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
are you doing this to keep your pi cool, or is it for your 2pacs? My artic breeze USB fan is doing a wonderful job keeping my miners cool, but I have no fan on my pi.  Could it be that my pi is overheating?

I thought the same thing and opened up the case for my Pi and placed it where airflow was better. I didn't make any difference. I would try it though never hurts.

Which Raspberry Pi version? Which powered usb 2.0 hub are you using? How many amps on the usb hub, that the 2Pac is plugged into?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Kill JavaScript and a lot of garbage goes away.
are you doing this to keep your pi cool, or is it for your 2pacs? My artic breeze USB fan is doing a wonderful job keeping my miners cool, but I have no fan on my pi.  Could it be that my pi is overheating?

The temp is on the RaspiB, part of Raspian. I had the habit of opening several browser tabs, and leaving for the day, RaspiB would be down when I got home. Then I saw that just starting the browser, pulling in all those animated advertisements etc. Raised the RaspiB temp right away. So I now check my daily sites and close the browser. Temp drops back down, and cgminer is still running when I get back twelve hours later. 
Activity: 61

I thought the same thing and opened up the case for my Pi and placed it where airflow was better. I didn't make any difference. I would try it though never hurts.
Activity: 120
Merit: 2
I'm running a GS2 and a NF2 on the same powered usb 2 hub with peripherals and memory. Followed advise printed by sidehack and -cv for cgminer. Raspi B kept halting, but I put the temp widget on the screen and added fans. A Vornado clip on, and a 2nd clip on, above, pushing, and a desk fan pulling, and now the temp doesn't go up to the 58 plus range anymore, stays in the low 40s( F ).  Has not locked up for several days.  Note: not USB fans.  I was ready to buy a Vornado desk fan to push, but things seem real stable.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Thad shouldn´t be the cause of this issue.
I have/had the same issue. I´m just testing the cmd.txt line myself and no freezes so far.
But my freezes where after hours either when I started. But after running and restarting a few days, the issue occured always a little bit later. Last time before I added the line to the cmd.txt it ran about a week without freezes.
I read something about RAM usage regarding to this issue. Maybe that´s a thing you can monitor.
Could it be the way I launch cgminer?

usually, I just type this into terminal   sudo cgminer

instead, should I type   sudo /home/pi/cgminer/cgminer?
Yes, and no luck.  Before my last crash, the CPU usage percentage at the top right of the pi had spiked way up and remained in the high 20s while running cgminer. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it.
legendary
Did you look into any of the things people were talking about three pages or so ago?
And.... It didnt work. anybody have any suggestions?
So I went back and discovered I never actually saved the slub debug line in the cmd.txt file.  Hopefully, this will fix all the errors ive been having.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
I have raspian as my OS and CGMiner.  I haven't tried running them under windows. I have seen the minera video, but I don't think that will stop my pi from freezing/crashing.

I could be many things causing the freeze/crash, have you tried a different SD card?
I have raspian as my OS and CGMiner.  I haven't tried running them under windows. I have seen the minera video, but I don't think that will stop my pi from freezing/crashing.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Has anybody had any experience with their raspberry pi crashing/freezing after a few hours of mining? I have tried everything that comes to mind and nothing seems to work.  Here is what I have tried thus far.

- added the slug debug line to the boot command.
- tried ethernet connection and not wifi.
- tried using 3 different power plugs for hubs+pi simultaneously. Power isnt the issue.
- re-installed cgminer and the drivers.

No matter what I do, the pi seems to just crash after a few hours. The screen will freeze in place and be unresponsive until I power it off and back on.I am even running the 2pacs on stock freq. Does my LCD touchscreen have something to do with it? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried running it under windows?
What are you running on the raspi? (Software) I am planning on doing Minera on the raspi here is a video I found on setting it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQndxAfk-hM
Has anybody had any experience with their raspberry pi crashing/freezing after a few hours of mining? I have tried everything that comes to mind and nothing seems to work.  Here is what I have tried thus far.

- added the slug debug line to the boot command.
- tried ethernet connection and not wifi.
- tried using 3 different power plugs for hubs+pi simultaneously. Power isnt the issue.
- re-installed cgminer and the drivers.

No matter what I do, the pi seems to just crash after a few hours. The screen will freeze in place and be unresponsive until I power it off and back on.I am even running the 2pacs on stock freq. Does my LCD touchscreen have something to do with it? any help would be greatly appreciated.
legendary
Aye, but African swallows are non-migratory.
Activity: 61
How many bitcoins can I roughly mine per month if I get 5 of these?
How fast can a car go? How much is enough? What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
It all depends on your system resources, your internet service, your geographical location to the node, or pool you are using, Your voltage and clock settings, How often, and for how long you are planning on running your mining devices, and the difficulty level of bitcoin. A lot of factors to consider. Stock hashrate is what 15gh/h per device I think so around 75gh? you can google bitcoin mining calculator and enter in 75gh to get a rough idea I guess. Hope that helps!

You forgot to specify whether the swallow was African or European...
Activity: 52
How fast can a car go? How much is enough? What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
It all depends on your system resources, your internet service, your geographical location to the node, or pool you are using, Your voltage and clock settings, How often, and for how long you are planning on running your mining devices, and the difficulty level of bitcoin. A lot of factors to consider. Stock hashrate is what 15gh/h per device I think so around 75gh? you can google bitcoin mining calculator and enter in 75gh to get a rough idea I guess. Hope that helps!
Activity: 19
Pages:
Jump to: