Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience 2Pac/Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread - page 79. (Read 177300 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Are you plugging the miners directly into the Pi's USB ports, or are you using a separate powered hub?

Have you considered the amount of power the sticks draw?

I'm using a USB 2.0 powered hub (it gets 5v 2amps in) I have no clue how much power they draw.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
and -- is Minera using vh's CGminer fork that provides the needed driver?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Are you plugging the miners directly into the Pi's USB ports, or are you using a separate powered hub?

Have you considered the amount of power the sticks draw?
Activity: 14
Hello Everyone.

I'm not a Linux expert, actually my experience with either Linux or programing is near zero.

Long story short, my son and I decided to give cryptocurrency a try.... I got 2 Gekkoscience  2 pacs to start a small mining rig using a raspberry pi 3 and minera (using a youtube tutorial)

instalation went ok, geckos turn on but Minera only "see" one gecko...... I tried adjusting voltage, frequence and nothing sems to work.... it's always one or the other gecko working but never both.

how can I solve this problem??
Activity: 658
Merit: 118
Activity: 8
Which power USB hubs do you use with Raspberry PI 3 and the Gekko 2Pac?
Activity: 7

Ok in the latest version, this field is still there, I ll try with with a FREQ of 150, then 100, then 50

I ll come back then to post results and feedback
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
I've not used the newer versions of Minera. The previous versions had a separate field you could save your specific flag too on the miner options/settings page.
Hi there, thanks fo the quick reply,

That's what I suspected
I see, I will invest then and come back to you
what about the freq you recommend ? -->>>  --gekko-2pac-freq 150
for sure I will add a fan too.

FYI I strictly followed the following tuto : https://speedwealthy.com/money/how-to-configure-minera-on-raspberry-pi-for-gekksoscience.compac-and-2pac/UQndxAfk-hM.html

Thanks to you !

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
A RPi3 does not provide enough power to USB for a 2PAC. Get a Powered Hub.
Hi there,

same symptoms for me in Minera/Pi3/2Pac
I do not think something is missing.
after restarting the Pi3 I un/replugged the 2pac, activate the miner
it started to mine @3gh the the rate was falling until 0, in 3 minutes
it could be caused by the fact that my stick is plugged directly on my Pi3 and have no additional param to set-up the freq
(alos note that the light on the stick is green, always, do not know if it is normal)
thanks to all of you

Bye
vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 666
Hi,

I followed the Minera 2pac tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQndxAfk-hM

But the 2pac won't be detected and light is white.

The steps I did in minera:
cd /var/www/minera/minera-bin/src

mkdir -p git/vthoang; cd git/vthoang

git clone https://github.com/vthoang/cgminer.git

cd cgminer

CFLAGS="-O2" ./autogen.sh --enable-gekko

make -j 2

cp cgminer /var/www/minera/minera-bin/custom/cgminer-vthoang

cd /var/www/minera/minera-bin/custom

Did I miss anything?

Bye Moe

Looks like those instructions are incomplete.

As wavelengthsf mentioned, there appears to be some additional steps.

This second half of this post may help:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12372446

vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 666
VH

Thank you for the easy to use instructions, works great with raspi. 

I'm unable to contact Neil from Minepeon and am hoping you could help me recompile minepeon to use your version of cgminer with required dependencies. I totally screwed up the RC file and can't get my pi to auto restart. Minepeon is simple stupid for autorestarting.

Not to familiar with the layout, but i suspect if the structure is similar to this guide:
https://gist.github.com/thgh/6330000

You may be able to swap out the git clone section and build into the expected cgminer location.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
I tried that but the physical dimensions prevent more than 2 on a single pi 3
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
Ibe been running 4x 2Pac ar 250Mhz on a pi 3 without trouble. Using a powered hub and a single usb port on the pi.

er, this is not running 2pacs on pi 3, it is running them on powered hub, connected to pi, as most people do.
who knows, maybe the other fella just stick them directly into pi itself.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
Ibe been running 4x 2Pac ar 250Mhz on a pi 3 without trouble. Using a powered hub and a single usb port on the pi.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
I have been trying to get my Gekko 2pac to work on my Raspberry pi 3 for a while now..

Been followed the guide on the 1st page here, and just getting "Waiting for USB hotplug devices or press q to quit"

And now i have been trying to use Minera, and get the same message there.

So what is wrong with what I do?

Thanks!

did you try setting 50?
Usual usb 3 can only handle setting 100 and usb2 50 on 2pac, I believe.
Rasp pi 3 has usb 2.
Most people here usually use USB powered hubs like Superbpag or Plugable (with more power to usb 3), but it is another $35.

--gekko-2pac-freq 100 or --gekko-2pac-freq 50
Activity: 6
Activity: 12
VH

Thank you for the easy to use instructions, works great with raspi. 

I'm unable to contact Neil from Minepeon and am hoping you could help me recompile minepeon to use your version of cgminer with required dependencies. I totally screwed up the RC file and can't get my pi to auto restart. Minepeon is simple stupid for autorestarting.
Activity: 12
Yes please read post 1, because even I've got 4 2pacs running on a raspi with vthoang cgminer. 60 ghz without OC, 100 mz setting.  This is coming from someone who let there original BTCTALK username go because I didn't t realize the DB had been hacked, so long Zbc3.

Pages:
Jump to: