Pages:
Author

Topic: Gender equality - page 19. (Read 5695 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
October 20, 2017, 11:22:42 PM
Do you think that men and woman are treated equally in society?
if not , what are the ways you suggest to promote equality among society ?
Gender equality is achieved when women and men enjoy the same rights and opportunities across all sectors of society , including economic participation and decision making ,and when the different behaviours ,aspirations and needs of women and men are equally valued and favoured.
Activity: 340
October 20, 2017, 09:08:59 PM
It very much depends on which societies you are talking about. From what I see from Hollywood movies men are treated badly by women in the USA, almost all main male characters of movies have been abandoned by their wives even though they are good men.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
October 20, 2017, 04:03:34 PM
With the upcoming generations, the mindset of the people is changing. Although we are still far from having equality in gender, the goal doesn't seem that much impossible now. Many countries have now granted women the right to vote. But still there are some dark places in the world where women are just thought of as objects for doing the household and marriage purpose.
Social media can play a very big role in changing the mindsets of the people as more and more people are exposed to it. Tv shows, movies with women as the main protagonist rather than the man can actually have an impact on people's mind as what you see leads to what you believe in.
Activity: 742
Merit: 101
October 20, 2017, 08:21:29 AM

I disagree with this. In every aspect, we cannot make all people equal. Let's say with giving birth to a child, there is no equality about giving birth to a child, only women can do it. So, it depends on what aspect.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 20, 2017, 06:56:02 AM
Seems like there is no clear definition of "gender equality". Yes, men and women are different and that's a good thing. When I speak about equality I imagine equal opportunity, freedom, and mutual respect. That I believe is an achievable goal.
Activity: 42
October 20, 2017, 05:32:11 AM
Yes i believe in our county man and woman is always equal!!! But other country still not equal  becouse of there believes!!
Activity: 7
October 20, 2017, 02:26:09 AM
Who knows if true equality will ever exist? But so long as we work towards a more equal future where men and women are at least free to pursue different ways of life without persecution, then that is what's right.
Activity: 28
October 20, 2017, 01:36:09 AM

mostly males and womens  are equal in the world. now a days they had all rights in all fields. like politics, films, industry, hospitals, engineers, doctors and other fields. so sexually they are different but in all platforms they are equal. womens providing they skills and ability in all fields especially in Olympics. not only in particular fields. so both are equally had no any differences.
Activity: 462
October 19, 2017, 12:01:27 PM

Never believed it one bit. Men always had the favor specially in thr industry. Women, on the other hand, are always kept under the shade and not working even though they want to and can. I believe the solution to gender equality is equal opportunity. Everyone should be given fair opportunity to promote themselves without the bias of gender. Equal opportunity leaves everyone working.
Activity: 238
October 19, 2017, 11:43:05 AM
It is not the case in most societies now, off course we need a lot of improvement on this. Men and women as much as are not the same but are of the same species if we can provide our women with the same respect and opportunities we give our men. Our world will be a better place
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
October 19, 2017, 11:35:36 AM
Men and women are never equal in the society because men inclines to the fact that they are more superior and dominant because they think they are the alpha and the other ones, the girls, are doing what it takes to prove they should be treated greater than men. Equality can be achieved once everyone learns the virtue of respect and understanding. For me, gender equality is  a must. It might be achieved if the government removes the perks of both men and women should be equally distributed.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
October 18, 2017, 09:21:57 PM

No, I think that society has always favored one gender over the other in different aspects of the world. SOme jobs favor men as they need the physical gifts of them while some favor the females over their ability to organize and take command. I think that the best way to practice equality is in the smaller level wherein we treat others equally.
Activity: 42
October 18, 2017, 04:01:45 PM
Gender equality ?
Really?
There's a much longer way to go for women to get equal position from the society and I hope that people understand women's importance and strength
Change your minds people
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
October 18, 2017, 12:28:39 PM
yes, men and women should be  treated equally. women can do everything that a man can do . so there  is no gender inequality is  to be done between men and women.
You're joking, right?
Gender equality ends when a woman needs to drag a new washing machine into the house or her car breaks.
There's no equality, that's why women and man aren't competing in sports. Have you ever asked yourself why there are much less women CEOs than men?
You can't expect to pay a woman the same wage a man gets when she does half of his work.

Some women are more physically and emotionally fit then some men. The point is that your gender shouldn't lock you in place that you can't progress and rise above your competition. There is a difference between average woman to be paid then average man and all the women to be paid less then all the men. disregard to their contribution.

If you look at any job, chances are that there will be some woman and some man, such that woman is better at that job then the man. That is what gender equality should be all about. Equal right to prove your worth disregard to your gender.

I am pretty sure that we are all aware that an average woman can't do as hard physical labor as much as an average man.

You’re correct in the the sense that there should be an equality of opportunity regarding anything that is competitive in nature such as college entrances, employment, etc. The problem is that leftists don’t want equality of opportunity, they want equality of outcome.
Activity: 546
Merit: 102
Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp
October 18, 2017, 06:27:38 AM
There isn't equality within the "same" groups either. We are all different.
Activity: 134
October 18, 2017, 05:27:28 AM
Gender equality will be a lot of great help on women empowerment. Many of women are treated unfairly by man because most of man think that women are inferior to them.
Activity: 13
October 18, 2017, 05:14:17 AM
The only way to solve the problem of women's subordination is to change people's mindset and to plant the new idea of gender equality into every mind.   
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
October 02, 2017, 07:50:08 AM
While the world has achieved progress towards gender equality  and women’s empowerment under the Millennium Development Goals (including equal access to primary education between girls and boys), women and girls continue to suffer discrimination and violence in every part of the world.
Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world.

Providing women and girls with equal access to education, health care, decent work, and representation in political and economic decision-making processes will fuel sustainable economies and benefit societies and humanity at large.
Activity: 350
October 02, 2017, 07:39:15 AM
Overall humanity has made incredible strides over the last century. Obviously there's more work to be done and it depends on specific location, but we're definitely trending in the right direction, and I think in many places we'll see it in our lifetime. Gender equality in educational and work opportunities will make the world far more efficient.

It is impossible to make complete equality in education and employment because all men and women are different. A man can not give birth to a child, and a woman can not lift weights. You need to take this into account and do not try to make a robot out of them.
Activity: 30
October 02, 2017, 07:02:42 AM
We have gender equality only in law but in reality, there is not and will never be. Women are weaker than men in physical strength and society accept that as it is thats why you wont see women working in construction assigned in the hardest part of the job where strength is need. On the other hand women are more gentle than man and have a lot of patience so they can get jobs that need that better than men and that is what accepted in society.
Pages:
Jump to: