Pages:
Author

Topic: [General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why? - page 15. (Read 139216 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
September 03, 2020, 08:41:59 PM
I prefer paper wallet. All control under myself, but make sure in right way to create.

https://www.bitaddress.org/

the most legend one with github open source code to download.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 01, 2020, 07:08:44 PM
While this is true for bitcoins related transactions, I think he's more interested to find out about ETH wallet (since he ask about ETH fees).
-snip-
Yes, therefore, I wrote above (BTC-Only). I show an example based on the official Cobo hardware wallet reference that the Cobo wallet can also be used on other software wallets outside the Cobo Android wallet platform.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
September 01, 2020, 07:05:33 AM
To my knowledge, transaction fees vary according to the current fee rates. The Cobo wallet can also connect to Electrum1 and others2 (BTC-Only).
When you send bitcoins, you can set the amount of the transaction fee in Electrum.
While this is true for bitcoins related transactions, I think he's more interested to find out about ETH wallet (since he ask about ETH fees).

You need to find out which wallet support integration with your HW, usually it's on the about page or something similar. It's a bit off-topic to continue here so you might want to check out the altcoin discussion.
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Hi everyone,I have one question due to hardware wallets .I have cobo android wallet and for transaction of 0.007ETH he take transaction fee of 0.013ETH .Question is if i have cobo hardware wallet do i have to hash transactions through their platform or wallet is mine property and I can choose paltform which one i want ,same question for eany hardware wallet?
To my knowledge, transaction fees vary according to the current fee rates. The Cobo wallet can also connect to Electrum1 and others2 (BTC-Only).
When you send bitcoins, you can set the amount of the transaction fee in Electrum.

Sending Assets
1. Create a Transaction with Electrum
   1)Select [Send], choose a receiving address, set the transaction fee, and add a memo if desired.

1 https://support.cobo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047902274-Sending-and-Receiving-Assets-with-Electrum-Wallet
2 https://support.cobo.com/hc/en-us/sections/360007937714-Sending-Receiving
legendary
Haiiii, I'm sorry I just join this group. Thanks for the quality article that post in this forum. But I still have a question. That is many walet offering for the crypto. Maybe any sugestion for the good wallet. I have local wallet in here but just for several crypto. Thaks for the information before.
What are you looking for? A hardware wallet or a software? If it's only for bitcoin then Electrum is generally recommended for PC, while there are several options to choose for mobile phone. Visit https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet, follow the process and you'll end up with a list of recommended wallets that you can use.
Activity: 4
Haiiii, I'm sorry I just join this group. Thanks for the quality article that post in this forum. But I still have a question. That is many walet offering for the crypto. Maybe any sugestion for the good wallet. I have local wallet in here but just for several crypto. Thaks for the information before.
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Hi, can I ask how to create bitcon wallet? Which page is the most suitable for that? I'm currently taking lessons at Newscrypto education program. Thank you for help.
You can make it using the Electrum wallet or any other bitcoin wallet.
You can visit the following boards: Wallet software

For general guidelines on Electrum, you can read the following guide: https://electrum.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
Note: make sure to download it from the official website.
Activity: 147
Merit: 1
Hi, can I ask how to create bitcon wallet? Which page is the most suitable for that? I'm currently taking lessons at Newscrypto education program. Thank you for help.
Activity: 48
Complete newbie here sorry!

Whats the best wallet for privacy, do they require documents to verify?

Normally a FIAT bettor but looking to get into crypto for its privacy advantages.

Thanks!

Normally, crypto wallets don't make you complete any KYC. They may only ask you to do that when buying crypto from them. For instance, Ownr wallet requires KYC for purchases over $50.

What concerns privacy, Samourai has always been associated with this word, but I'm afraid it can be too complicated for a "complete newbie".
Check Atomic or Guarda.
legendary
Normally a FIAT bettor but looking to get into crypto for its privacy advantages.
Any non-custodial wallet won't ask for KYC. Those who ask for KYC are mostly exchanges. Start by reading the OP until you understand everything mentioned, and decide whether you want to run a node or node. If not, and you plan on using a PC, Electrum is usually a good wallet to start. On mobile you have Samourai. But as always, do your own research first, don't follow any suggestion blindly. Make sure to verify any files you downloaded from the internet to avoid malware.
Activity: 1
Complete newbie here sorry!

Thanks!
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Has anyone experience with EOS wallets? As far as I understand, EOS is an open-source blockchain protocol (like Ethereum) but it's faster and cheaper. So, my question is: if I create a EOS wallet, will the difference in fees and speed be any noticeable comparing with Ethereum wallets?
As per the thread title. This thread discusses the Bitcoin wallet. Questions about other wallets such as EOS wallet as you asked above, please ask the following board:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=37.0
Activity: 48
Has anyone experience with EOS wallets? As far as I understand, EOS is an open-source blockchain protocol (like Ethereum) but it's faster and cheaper. So, my question is: if I create a EOS wallet, will the difference in fees and speed be any noticeable comparing with Ethereum wallets?
Activity: 66
I used Exodus for a while, in fact, it was my first Bitcoin wallet. Maybe that's the reason I can't think of any major drawback of it. It has desktop version and integrates with Trezor, supports a wide assets range. There's probably one weak point which is storing user's private key on PC but you can just make a backup of it.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Metamask is my personal favorite. Easy to use, great UI, navigation, ERC-20 compatible, it's just great
Lost in space here...
We are talking about BITCOIN wallets here boy, and you can't keep bitcoin on ethereum wallet.  Tongue
Activity: 14
Metamask is my personal favorite. Easy to use, great UI, navigation, ERC-20 compatible, it's just great
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
In Mobile wallets: Having stored bitcoin or other crypto coin on your mobile wallet app, want to know if changing of device do affect the wallet?  Like re_downloading the wallet app on a new device.
Bitcoin is stored in the Bitcoin Blockchain, and the Bitcoin wallet is a medium for being able to access bitcoin assets. When you have a seed or private key, then you can use it on a different bitcoin wallet, even on several devices at once. For this reason, highly recommended that you store the seed/private key in a safe place and not give it to anyone (who you don't trust) because this can cause your bitcoin assets to be easily stolen through other wallets from other devices.

For example, some time ago, I had tried to import private keys generated from Electrum to Bitcoin Core.

Code:
bc1q6n82wed2uf5953m5xewvx4lrkchndnp5we07z6
Here is the Private key that I tested:

Code:
 KxqHfKm7WESa2mwQnZrLRBKnvB5hGCcNnU7KctdHMnGJaq7vkwhw 

You can access the wallet by importing its private key to the mobile wallet (Noncustodial) that you use.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
In Mobile wallets: Having stored bitcoin or other crypto coin on your mobile wallet app, want to know if changing of device do affect the wallet?  Like re_downloading the wallet app on a new device.
So long as you have backed up your Seed phrase, Mnemonic phrase or private keys somewhere or on a piece of paper. You can still be able to restore your addresses in a new mobile wallet in a new device.

What is most important is those backups. Make sure they are correctly backed up and very safely kept because you don't want anyone to access them. If they do, then they will be able to access your cryptos.
Activity: 22
In Mobile wallets: Having stored bitcoin or other crypto coin on your mobile wallet app, want to know if changing of device do affect the wallet?  Like re_downloading the wallet app on a new device.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

More updates:
  • Better overview of the Table of contents
  • Minor changes in styling
  • Added: Collection of Questions and Answers
  • Major thread modernization and cleanup
  • Added LN wallets
  • Updated AirBitz to Edge and removed GreenAddress as Online wallet - Thanks OmegaStarScream
Updated the list of wallets that are not recommended.
Pages:
Jump to: