Pages:
Author

Topic: German Bundesliga Season 22/23 - Discussion & Prediction Thread - page 3. (Read 895 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1767
I bet you won't never bet on FC Bayern again.  Cheesy
Pressure shouldn't be a problem for Bayern, it's a very experienced team.
LOL! I hope, you will not be right about that. In any case, yesterday I placed my bet with a lot of confidence and keep my fingers crossed for FC Bayern. But yeah, I'm sticking with it. If FC Bayern lose, I won't bet on the club anymore. Well, at least not this season anymore.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 6769
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
Another update for our thread today: The February Bundesliga team of the month just has been released. Dortmund dominates like crazy, lol.

Interesting picks. I agree for most picks but Adeyemi (Dortmund) and Kolo Muani (Frankfurt) have played very well and are not included. Adeyemi is injured now but he contributed a big part to Dortmund's strong performance.
Zalazar? Well, Schalke hasn't lost a game in February but only scored 2 goals in 4 matches, which is really ridiculous.
Might be a joke after all?...  Tongue

LOL, same here.  Cheesy
It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one with this experience.  Cheesy
Yes, really impressive what BVB is currently offering. It is currently the strongest opponent for FC Bayern in my opinion. Hopefully it stays that way.  Smiley
It will be crucial when Dortmund is facing Leipzig Friday evening. Dortmund didn't show an impressive performance against Hoffenheim, a very weak team currently.
Leipzig will be a much stronger opponent.
Maybe it's because Adeyemi is injured, but Dortmund has a very good quality in general. Especially Brandt and Bellingham have been strong recently.

Considering that Stuttgart lost to Schalke 04 last weekend, it would really surprise me to see Bayern losing points against Stuttgart.
That would be something if FC Bayern lost to Stuttgart. Then I would never bet on FC Bayern again and as you say, FC Bayern need the points and can't miss this opportunity. Hopefully that's not too much pressure for Bayern. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they don't have a bad day and lose.  Smiley
I bet you won't never bet on FC Bayern again.  Cheesy
Pressure shouldn't be a problem for Bayern, it's a very experienced team.
legendary
LOL, same here.  Cheesy
I decided to go for Borussia Dortmund instead, which payed off.
Amazing job from BVB in 2023 so far. Champions League, Cup, Bundesliga: all games won.  Smiley
Some games have been very close, but still won.  Wink
It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one with this experience.  Cheesy
Yes, really impressive what BVB is currently offering. It is currently the strongest opponent for FC Bayern in my opinion. Hopefully it stays that way.  Smiley

Considering that Stuttgart lost to Schalke 04 last weekend, it would really surprise me to see Bayern losing points against Stuttgart.
Bayern just can't afford to lose points right now, even when Dortmund will face Leipzig next weekend, which will be a difficult game.
And Union is also still close.
That would be something if FC Bayern lost to Stuttgart. Then I would never bet on FC Bayern again and as you say, FC Bayern need the points and can't miss this opportunity. Hopefully that's not too much pressure for Bayern. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they don't have a bad day and lose.  Smiley

-snip- The most interesting match of the weekend already takes place on Friday, when Borussia Dortmund faces RB Leipzig. Let's see if Dortmund can confirm their strong run of form and take three points for the lead in the Bundesliga table.
I'm also curious about the result of this game. Since both teams are currently quite strong, it will certainly be an exciting game. I can imagine that BVB will win, but you shouldn't underestimate RB Leipzig.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 4417
Another update for our thread today: The February Bundesliga team of the month just has been released. Dortmund dominates like crazy, lol.

Source: https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1630914318186192897/photo/1

Daaang! FC Bayern fans not amused, haha.
legendary
Very nice performance against Union and Bayern could have even scored 5 or 6 goals in total. After leading already 3:0 in the first half, Bayern had several opportunities in the 2nd half to score.

100%. FC Bayern's problem this season is also not scoring goals, but inconsistent performance. In some games things are going extremely well, while in others absolutely nothing is working out. The upcoming Bundesliga games and the second leg of the Champions League are likely to be decisive in determining whether this will be a successful or a weak season for the club.

The following Bundesliga matches are scheduled for the weekend (match day 23):

Source: Google, Bundesliga

The most interesting match of the weekend already takes place on Friday, when Borussia Dortmund faces RB Leipzig. Let's see if Dortmund can confirm their strong run of form and take three points for the lead in the Bundesliga table.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 6769
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
For the second time I was wrong with my gut feeling. Last time I also bet FC Bayern and lost. This time I didn't bet on FC Bayern and FC Bayern won.
LOL, same here.  Cheesy
I decided to go for Borussia Dortmund instead, which payed off.
Amazing job from BVB in 2023 so far. Champions League, Cup, Bundesliga: all games won.  Smiley
Some games have been very close, but still won.  Wink

For the second time I was wrong with my gut feeling. Last time I also bet FC Bayern and lost. This time I didn't bet on FC Bayern and FC Bayern won. I should probably stop listening to my gut feeling when betting. Anyway, FC Bayern put in a good game and won against Union Berlin 3-0. In the next game between FC Bayern and Stuttgart, I'll bet on Bayern again. I expect them to win the game with no problems.  Smiley

Haha, too bad buddy. Bayern actually put in an extremely good performance against Union Berlin. The 3:0 result was fully deserved.
Very nice performance against Union and Bayern could have even scored 5 or 6 goals in total. After leading already 3:0 in the first half, Bayern had several opportunities in the 2nd half to score.

In the next game between FC Bayern and Stuttgart, I'll bet on Bayern again. I expect them to win the game with no problems.  Smiley
Bayern just can't afford to lose points right now, even when Dortmund will face Leipzig next weekend, which will be a difficult game.
And Union is also still close.
legendary
For the second time I was wrong with my gut feeling. Last time I also bet FC Bayern and lost. This time I didn't bet on FC Bayern and FC Bayern won. I should probably stop listening to my gut feeling when betting. Anyway, FC Bayern put in a good game and won against Union Berlin 3-0. In the next game between FC Bayern and Stuttgart, I'll bet on Bayern again. I expect them to win the game with no problems.  Smiley

Haha, too bad buddy. Bayern actually put in an extremely good performance against Union Berlin. The 3:0 result was fully deserved. Let's see if Bayern can show a more consistent form in the next games.

However, the fact that Bayern and Dortmund are now both at the top of the table with 46 points promises a pretty exciting final last leg of the season.

And at FC Bayern, there seems to be another interesting development. It is possible that Benjamin Pavard will extend his contract after all, even though it has looked more likely in recent months that he will soon be leaving the club.

Bayern bosses are impressed with Benjamin Pavard's performances this year, helped by his role as a centre-back in a back 3. A contract extension beyond 2024 remains possible and more likely than it was in recent months [@_kochmaximilian]

Source: https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1630494738221617153
legendary
I agree with you there. I honestly also don't know how I'd bet on this match. The odds on Bayern aren't high enough to make a bet pay off and a Union win is still relatively unlikely, even if FC Bayern is currently in poor form.

Source: https://www.fussballdaten.de/vereine/1-fc-union-berlin/fc-bayern-muenchen/

I like the way the top three teams are so close to each other this season, the suspense of not knowing who is going to win the bundesliga makes it so interesting and attractive, i hope Union Berlin and Dortmund hold on until the end of the season, without collapsing towards the end and allow Bayern win it easily.
Yes, let's hope it stays that way. That definitely makes it more exciting. But if FC Bayern continues to be so dominant, it is easier to win bets on FC Bayern.  Cheesy
Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
However, there are a few other interesting matches this weekend. Borussia Dortmund has to play Hoffenheim
Borussia Dortmund have to win because they know there is a big opportunity for them to go up to first position on the table this weekend, a draw between Union Berlin v Bayern Munich is very possible, and if it happens that way and Dortmund win their own game, they would be on top. The schedule is even in their favor because they would play on saturday and have the chance to take the top position before Bayern v Union Berlin play their game on sunday.

I like the way the top three teams are so close to each other this season, the suspense of not knowing who is going to win the bundesliga makes it so interesting and attractive, i hope Union Berlin and Dortmund hold on until the end of the season, without collapsing towards the end and allow Bayern win it easily.
legendary
Yes you are right. If FC Bayern don't improve its own performance, they will have a hard time against Union Berlin and could even lose their first place in the table if they suffer their third defeat. My gut says I shouldn't bet on the game and I probably won't. I can well imagine Union Berlin winning, but FC Bayern would be capable of that if they had a good day. It's not for nothing that they're still number 1 at the moment. It's really difficult to predict how the game will end.  Smiley

I agree with you there. I honestly also don't know how I'd bet on this match. The odds on Bayern aren't high enough to make a bet pay off and a Union win is still relatively unlikely, even if FC Bayern is currently in poor form.

However, there are a few other interesting matches this weekend. Borussia Dortmund has to play Hoffenheim and the two Champions League teams Frankfurt and Leipzig face each other. Pretty exciting, if you ask me.

For me the odds Dortmund @1.80 and RB Leipzig @1.72 look pretty interesting.

Especially Leipzig seem to be in better shape than I thought. Their performance today in the Champions League, playing 1:1 looked pretty strong. I didn't expect that, tbh.
legendary
IMHO, if FC Bayern cannot significantly improve its own performance, it will also be quite difficult against Union. The Bundesliga looks more exciting than it has in a long time. Sweet!
Yes you are right. If FC Bayern don't improve its own performance, they will have a hard time against Union Berlin and could even lose their first place in the table if they suffer their third defeat. My gut says I shouldn't bet on the game and I probably won't. I can well imagine Union Berlin winning, but FC Bayern would be capable of that if they had a good day. It's not for nothing that they're still number 1 at the moment. It's really difficult to predict how the game will end.  Smiley
legendary
Yes, unfortunately lost. Found the red card against FC Bayern was not justified. But whatever. Either way, I should have listened to my gut feeling and not bet on Bayern. Well, luckily it was only a small amount I bet on Bayern Munich. After all, RB Leipzig won and so did my bet. The win made up for the loss on the lost bet.  Cheesy

Yep you're right, the red card was a pretty harsh decision, so it's not surprising that Bayern coach Julian Nagelsmann went bananas, haha.

Gladbach's performance in recent years against Bayern has been quite solid, though. Except for one high loss, all results were pretty close.

Source: https://www.weltfussball.de/teams/bor-moenchengladbach/bayern-muenchen/11/

And it looks like Union is not afraid of Bayern, or else the statements below cannot be interpreted, haha:

Aïssa Laïdouni (Union) on Sunday's game against Bayern: "Bayern have the same point tally as us, we don't need to be afraid. We have a lot of quality. You saw that against Leipzig. We need courage and confidence, then we can get something out of the game" [@BILD]

Source: https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1628051728900792320

IMHO, if FC Bayern cannot significantly improve its own performance, it will also be quite difficult against Union. The Bundesliga looks more exciting than it has in a long time. Sweet!
legendary
Damn, it looks like your FC Bayern bet didn't go to well. Sorry buddy.
Yes, unfortunately lost. Found the red card against FC Bayern was not justified. But whatever. Either way, I should have listened to my gut feeling and not bet on Bayern. Well, luckily it was only a small amount I bet on Bayern Munich. After all, RB Leipzig won and so did my bet. The win made up for the loss on the lost bet.  Cheesy
legendary
I bet on RB Leipzig and Bayern Munich today and I hope both clubs will win their games. What do you think, was that a good decision? I'm so unsure about Bayern Munich in particular because the club's performance has been very different lately.  Tongue

Damn, it looks like your FC Bayern bet didn't go to well. Sorry buddy.

You're right, Bayern's performance has been extremely shaky in recent weeks. Somehow they have lost their routine and are weak, especially against smaller clubs. Of course, the 3:2 defeat against Borrusia Mönchengladbach this weekend fits in with this poor performances.

However, Bayern's weakness is a really positive development for the Bundesliga. We could finally get an exciting race for the Bundesliga title this year. And Dortmund is currently leading Hertha 2-0 in the last match of the matchday, making the Bundesliga table closer than it has been in a long time. FC Bayern and Dortmund would then both have 43 points. Pretty exciting.

legendary
I bet on RB Leipzig and Bayern Munich today and I hope both clubs will win their games. What do you think, was that a good decision? I'm so unsure about Bayern Munich in particular because the club's performance has been very different lately.  Tongue

Side note: If you look at the thread like this, you might think it's on the german local board.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Crypto Swap Exchange

Stuttgart vs. Köln and Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Werder Bremen are almost impossible to pick on, if you ask me.

not only the two games you mentioned, anything is possible in today's match between augsburg and hoffenheim, and sc freiburg has not yet won the game against vfl bochum, which is strong at home.
but soon we will know and be smarter Wink
legendary
since i participate in two bundesliga pools and want to catch up with you there, i will not disclose my picks/bets Wink

Haha, interesting strategy. But you still won't win, my tips in the pools are too good. And everyone knows: You bet too heavily on your favourite Werder Bremen, haha.  Cheesy

The next Bundesliga match day 21 is going to be quite interesting, since there are a few close matches:

Stuttgart vs. Köln and Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Werder Bremen are almost impossible to pick on, if you ask me. At least I have no clue what to pick in our Bundesliga pools. Dortmund should easily defeat Hertha and I am excited to see whether FC Bayern can continue its strong Champions League performance against Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Pellegrino Matarazzo is the new coach at tsg hoffenheim. the coach, who was sacked at stuttgart back in october'22, is returning to hoffenheim, where he worked alongside J. Nagelsmann as co-coach from 2017 to 2019. PM has signed a contract until summer 2025.

Pellegrino Matarazzo is a quite interesting choice tbh. I didn't expect him to actually come back. Let's see if he can turn things around at Hoffenheim.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
Pellegrino Matarazzo is the new coach at tsg hoffenheim. the coach, who was sacked at stuttgart back in october'22, is returning to hoffenheim, where he worked alongside J. Nagelsmann as co-coach from 2017 to 2019. PM has signed a contract until summer 2025.
since the new coach comes from the region (also lives there) and knows the club very well, i think it's the best decision hoffenheim could make.

Meanwhile, the Bundesliga continues with the following matches scheduled for the 20th matchday. What are you bets everyone?

since i participate in two bundesliga pools and want to catch up with you there, i will not disclose my picks/bets Wink
legendary
tsg hoffenheim has sacked its coach André Breitenreiter. after the 2-5 away defeat in bochum and the current negative trend of 9 games without a win (2 draws and 7 defeats), this step was only a matter of time. AB only took over this club as coach in the summer and has unfortunately not been able to record any positive results with this squad. as a result, tsg hoffenheim now occupies 14th place and is only 3 points ahead of 16th place.

Yea, but to be honest it was pretty obvious that Breitenreiter would be sacked after this disappointing 2:5 defeat against Bochum on the weekend. However, it's the right decision, IMHO.

Hoffenheim's results have not been good for a long time and it really didn't seem as if Breitenreiter could turn things around again. I am really excited to see who will be the new coach. There are already a few names floating around as possible replacements: Ralph Hasenhüttl, Adi Hütter or Domenico Tedesco. I think all three of them can do the job, but who will? We'll probably find out in a few days.

Meanwhile, the Bundesliga continues with the following matches scheduled for the 20th matchday. What are you bets everyone?

legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
tsg hoffenheim has sacked its coach André Breitenreiter. after the 2-5 away defeat in bochum and the current negative trend of 9 games without a win (2 draws and 7 defeats), this step was only a matter of time. AB only took over this club as coach in the summer and has unfortunately not been able to record any positive results with this squad. as a result, tsg hoffenheim now occupies 14th place and is only 3 points ahead of 16th place.
Pages:
Jump to: